trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many motions Nurmi will file between today and next Thursday??? I'm gonna guess 8.

Where oh where can I find the state's witness list? I have looked at the media link and cannot find it...please help me....

GMA's Robin Roberts just announced, "Bombshell statements in the Arias trial yesterday, Dan and Nancy coming right up", in case anyone is interested and in Central time zone.

I wonder how many motions Nurmi will file between today and next Thursday??? I'm gonna guess 8.

i was thinking about that when the judge read out the schedule yesterday "i wonder if nurmi can squeeze in another mistrial motion in before next friday"

Where oh where can I find the state's witness list? I have looked at the media link and cannot find it...please help me....

there isn't one online,im sure a poster mentioned you have to go to the courthouse to view it

IMO the whole grandmother being there is a fraud. I know that sounds un-feeling but it is exactly how I feel.
All of a sudden at the almost end of the trial she just shows up??? Paaaalllleeeeaaasssseeee.:twocents:

If DT believed grandma could have helped the defendant they would have called her to the stand regarding the gun. They knew they couldn't USE grandma in that manner so the staged this show. Reeks of desperation.

I have been thinking...maybe a bad thing. LOL I can't see how the sur rebuttal will help the DF. It does not matter whether JA has ptsd or bpd. Premeditation has been proven. She killed a man in cold blood. Knew exactly what she was doing and remembers everything IMO. The jury has to see this. These disorders don't mean a thing, to me. Bringing on a new doctor to spout more psycho garbage won't help. It only show more desperation from the DF. JMO

Totally agree. And even if Little Missy does have Personality Disorder NOS, she has shown, over months and months, that she can control herself if she wants to. There are no more excuses! :jail:

i was thinking about that when the judge read out the schedule yesterday "i wonder if nurmi can squeeze in another mistrial motion in before next friday"

I think he will try to squeeze another one in before 10 this morning!!!

:floorlaugh: :scared: :floorlaugh:

GMA's Robin Roberts just announced, "Bombshell statements in the Arias trial yesterday, Dan and Nancy coming right up", in case anyone is interested and in Central time zone.

Saw here on east coast.....no bombshells you didn't see yesterday and basically it is that this case has dates for closing arguments and DT got their witness in to rebut Borderline Personality Disorder.

I understand what you are saying. I somewhat agree. I feel bad for her. Can you imagine how she must feel knowing that her gun was involved with this? :notgood: Poor woman.

Your a better person than me Softail. I feel no sympathy for her. To show up at the end? Why? Why show up at all. She could have said no that she wants no part of it which deep down is how she feels or she would have been there. What I saw of her was simply an embarressed woman.

He prob had a BUNCH printed up before the trial even started!!!

:drumroll::jail::jail::jail:

I am just popping in to post my thoughts before heading out to work. I don't see how the schedule is leaving any time for a surrebuttal. It sounds like Juan will finish up today and there IIRC there is no court on Friday, Monday, or Tuesday. This off time is probably to let the lawyers put thier thoughts together for closing arguements. Wednesday will be closing arguements and they will stay as long as needed to get them done. Thursday will be jury instructions. (I don't know how long they take). Then late Thursday or Friday the jury will get the case to deliberate.
I just don't see any time in the schedule for the sur-rebuttal.

I get so frustrated when a juror being interviewed (on any trial) or a talking head says something about a circumstantial case.

Yes, these are the circumstances that lead us to believe in guilt. When you stack the circumstances in a tower like Legos, you can reasonably infer guilt. If only one or two, not guilty. Here we have the Empire State Building of circumstances.

as far as i am aware Juan gets the last word :please:

I'm fairly new to the whole trial spectator thing, and I haven't been in trouble with the law to know what actually happens in the courtroom during closing arguments.

However, if it is possible for JM to show pictures of Travis, then I suggest he do so in the following order:

Happy go lucky, smile on his face with friends/on trip
Last picture of him alive staring back at the killer from the shower
Autopsy photos of neck wound and bullet wound to head

Leave the jurors with the horrific images fresh in their minds before they start to deliberate. Remind them of a once promising guy who seemingly loved live but had his future stolen from him by a sociopathic, lying killer.

Hey everyone I missed trial after Flores was done yesterday. So what is the schedule I keep reading about? Is there court today and what time?

IMO the whole grandmother being there is a fraud. I know that sounds un-feeling but it is exactly how I feel.
All of a sudden at the almost end of the trial she just shows up??? Paaaalllleeeeaaasssseeee.:twocents:

Agree....imo the grandmother was pressured to make an appearance in an attempt to conjure up sympathy for her murderous granddaughter. I saw no expression on Grandmother's face that indicated she was there by choice. This has to be so difficult on her and I'm sorry that she has to sit in that courtroom and be a witness to all of the testimony up close and personal.

As a grandmother/great-grandmother to many - I'm not sure I could go this far with one of mine to show support or to gain favor for one that had done something so heinous to another human being. And, there's never been a grandparent that loves their grands more than I.

My love would be conveyed to them privately, while making it clear to them that I wouldn't/couldn't ever condone such behavior. They betrayed not only the victim, but every family member (including me), that invested so much in nurturing/teaching and caring for them through the years. I'm sorry.... but (I believe) my grandchild would take this walk alone.

I applaud Jodi's Grandmother for being there in the courtroom - she is one strong lady.

all moo

Your a better person than me Softail. I feel no sympathy for her. To show up at the end? Why? Why show up at all. She could have said no that she wants no part of it which deep down is how she feels or she would have been there. What I saw of her was simply an embarressed woman.

I guess I just want to cut her some slack. It isn't her fault. Her granddaughter did this, not her. Maybe she showed up because it is the end, and doesn't want her to die? :dunno: I just can't imagine being in her shoes. :twocents:

:rockon:

I was waiting for this moment. I was hoping for the salon receipt but this is almost as good.

Her expression in the courtroom priceless. Jodi reacts to RB's presentation of the new brunette pics:
" busted"

Attachments

• busted.jpg
    busted.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 81
I agree.

Also, did you see her grandmothers face yesterday when she was looking up and rubbing her face? She probably knew Jodi stole their gun. It was a look of sorrow and resolution.

I felt sorry that JA's grandma was dragged into court all of a sudden...most likely just for show. She seemed like a reasonable, kind lady. Wouldn't it be great if she threw Jodi's "grandma card" back in Jodi's face and showed up to court wearing a support TA ribbon? :idea:

Let me say this very clearly. There are ZERO jurors "flirting" or making eye contact with anyone anywhere. I have watched them nearly daily like a hawk, walking in, walking out, sitting in the jury box, etc. IF this were the case, there would be arguments made to dismiss those jurors. I'm not the only person watching them and it would have been noticed. It would be the same if jurors were seeing looking at the family and smiling or winking or making eye contact.

IT DOES NOT HAPPEN. EVER.

I am 100% confident in this as a. I have been in that courtroom more days than not throughout this trial and watching the jury has been one of my primary focuses. I sit with the family in, usually the second row, sometimes first, right in front of the jury box and just feet from the jury entrance. I have walked them enter/exit that courtroom just feet from my face dozens and dozens of times now.

And b. As I stated above, others are watching them like hawks and if there was EVER, ANYTHING even REMOTELY like that, the lawyers would be arguing to have that or those jurors dismissed and that has never happened.

I don't know who's spreading that BS but it's just that. Made up BS. And I for one, don't appreciate it as these jurors are taking their job seriously, they walk in and out of that courtroom like ants looking forward. They didn't even look at stupid Jodi when she was VonTrapping every day on the stand staring at them as they walked in. I watched it every single day and NOT ONE ever looked back at her.

EVER. NEVER. It is NOT happening.

Hope this is clear.:stormingmad:

Thanks Katie. I have had full confidence in this Jury from the get go too. Their questions amaze me and especially at this stage. They are still attentive, beyond attentive evident by their questions. Amazing group. They must be so tired too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard