trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this IS another DT Psychologist or whatever I don't see it mattering. JA's least problem in this trial is her diagnosis of BPD OR PTSD. Something much worse is wrong with her and I'm sure the Jurors see it. JMO.

I don't think there is a surrebuttal. I think that if the defense lined up their witness ASAP to get him on the stand and that he is available now... for this..

I think that it may be someone for Juan that has the issue. I think the jury is excited to finally get close to deliberation. They seem smart and attentive.

My heart was broken for JA's grandmother yesterday. I can not imagine how she is feeling. I bet she was upset hearing that Jodi's story was all lies. That she knows this girl is not right and guilty of the murder.. Not self defense but murder...

I can not believe they would drag that poor woman into court.

Do we know if the Surrebuttal request was granted ?

JMO
I also felt sorry for her Gram being there. Not sure why she wanted to be there unless they told her it would help Jodi's case and maybe she felt she had better come to help her then. It didnt seem like she wanted to be there.

I'm fairly new to the whole trial spectator thing, and I haven't been in trouble with the law to know what actually happens in the courtroom during closing arguments.

However, if it is possible for JM to show pictures of Travis, then I suggest he do so in the following order:

Happy go lucky, smile on his face with friends/on trip
Last picture of him alive staring back at the killer from the shower
Autopsy photos of neck wound and bullet wound to head

Leave the jurors with the horrific images fresh in their minds before they start to deliberate. Remind them of a one promising guy who seemingly loved live had his future taken from him by a sociopathic, lying killer.

Good post Jay B ...also add to this each stab on a replica of some kind....1 after the other showing how many times the vicious killer had the option to STOP the stabbing and chose not to.....don't know that TA's family could bear this display. So sad for them.

Well I for one hope Donovan does read here!
I hope she reads this post.
She is being snowed by JA.
Donovan... start sitting in the second row...
watch your friend flip out because you are not where SHE wants you.
Yes someone like JA will freak if you are not where they want you, you are nothing but a piece of furniture to her.

Stay where she puts you or you will have a fight on you hands
verbal or written... you will hear about it.

Yes JA thinks no one will find her guilty still.
Too bad. Not gonna happen!:twocents:
moo

BBM

IMO, she is too busy managing a Twitter account and trying to grab whatever "fame" she can out of this whole situation. Afterall, this has to be the pinnacle of her existence in this world.

I guess I just want to cut her some slack. It isn't her fault. Her granddaughter did this, not her. Maybe she showed up because it is the end, and doesn't want her to die? :dunno: I just can't imagine being in her shoes. :twocents:

Me too. Another thought that has stuck in my brain since I/we heard Jodi lived with her Grandparents is how did she treat them? It breaks my heart to think......

<snipped>

I applaud Jodi's Grandmother for being there in the courtroom - she is one strong lady.

all moo

I don't! IMO this is an example of why JA is the way she is - being supported no matter what she does/did.

Never being held to account when younger. Always bs'ing her way through life, while her family stood by and did nothing.

I will never understand why parents and/or grandparents end up being enablers of their kids. They aren't doing the kids any favours, that's for sure - JA is a prime example.

IMO the grandmother was there for show. Was she dragged in as some have said here? Doesn't matter to me. The fact that she's there is more proof of how not to raise a child.

JMO

I was glad to read a post this morning about the picture Juan showed yesterday of Jodi's hair being blonde. The picture was taken June 2 before her trip. This was not made very clear yesterday since so many people here were confused. Why didn't Juan make it clear at the time?

I know he is going to explain it more in closing arguments, but I think he should have gone over the pictures and timelines more.

I think he will try to squeeze another one in before 10 this morning!!!

:floorlaugh: :scared: :floorlaugh:

im honestly surprised there hasn't been any since the last one. i think he might have took the hint that it isn't gonna happen

According to GMA, up today the ME, and we are having an early day, so no pm session. They are allowing the new DT witness, according to GMA, but the testimony won't matter.
Just a FYI

Good post Jay B ...also add to this each stab on a replica of some kind....1 after the other showing how many times the vicious killer had the option to STOP the stabbing and chose not to.....don't know that TA's family could bear this display. So sad for them.

I think whatever approach JM will take, he will surely run by the family out of respect and explain why he is doing whatever he will do. Surely, it will be hard for them to sit through the closing arguments as it is...let alone seeing graphic pictures or gestures.

However, I would guess they are all in with whatever he suggests knowing that he is looking for justice on behalf of Travis.

For any confused regarding Jodi's claiming this helio phone was stolen PRIOR TO HER TRIP AND MURDER, below is the direct link to the PDF of her journal entry of 5/22/08 that she states this phone was stolen..she's again busted in her web of lies and Imo quite honestly its more apparent than ever that much of these entries were written after the murder..

she's done.. stick a fork in her done, IMO!
http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Arias1.pdf

Thanks for the above. I agree this is a good indicator, one of many, that it is likely that a significant portion of journal entries were written and/or edited after she murdered Travis. Another fine example of the 119 coming up well short.

I do believe Grandma was brought in by the Defense in hopes of some sympathy. Does it get any better with Grandma in a wheelchair? Perhaps Grandma was quite willing if it would spare her Granddaughter the needle. Pure speculation on my part.

Good morning friends, hope you all had a great evening.

I watched JVM & NG last night and heard that they are giving the jury the case on 5/2.

Im asking a little prayer, that they come back on my 36th birthday (5/6) and find her guilty and give her death! :please:

That would be a GREAT :Happybirthday: for me.

I feel in my gut that the jury will find her guilty and give her death. She lied to them, she premeditated the murder, she had it all planned out if he didn't give her what she wanted. She was jealous of ANYONE Travis came in contact with. She had to show that he was hers, and when he was backing away and telling people they weren't together, that pissed her off... NO ONE does that to Jodi. SHE'S the one that ends things, NOT the other way around.

I DO have a feeling that DB knew something was going to happen. Maybe not the full extent of it, but he knew she was going to do SOMETHING...

Travis was NOT an Angel, he did and said things that he probably shouldn't have, but don't we all at some point? She pushed and pushed and pushed her way into his life and he saw who she REALLY was, but it was too late. But Travis DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE!

I'm kinda sad that this is coming to an end. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad, because Travis' family needs to be able to heal from this, and they can't while its being slapped in their faces everyday, month after month, year after year. My heart goes out to them. I would have certainly climbed the little wall in the courtroom between me and her and strangled her with my own hands. I don't know how they do it. BUT I'm sad, cause a lot of us will go our separate ways. I loved reading everyone's posts (even those I didn't/don't agree with) and I REALLY loved the humor you all added to the frustration and anger we all felt. And for that I say :gthanks: and I love ya all! :grouphug:

Me too. Another thought that has stuck in my brain since I/we heard Jodi lived with her Grandparents is how did she treat them? It breaks my heart to think......

Maybe grandma will speak to this in mitigation and that is why she showed up on Wednesday. If she is physically able and willing at that point.

I do believe Grandma was brought in by the Defense in hopes of some sympathy. Does it get any better with Grandma in a wheelchair? Perhaps Grandma was quite willing if it would spare her Granddaughter the needle. Pure speculation on my part.

Grandma in a wheel chair works in politics, why not for murderers ? This Grandma had my sympathy but it surely did not extend to the defendent.

I'm fairly new to the whole trial spectator thing, and I haven't been in trouble with the law to know what actually happens in the courtroom during closing arguments.

However, if it is possible for JM to show pictures of Travis, then I suggest he do so in the following order:

Happy go lucky, smile on his face with friends/on trip
Last picture of him alive staring back at the killer from the shower
Autopsy photos of neck wound and bullet wound to head

Leave the jurors with the horrific images fresh in their minds before they start to deliberate. Remind them of a once promising guy who seemingly loved live but had his future stolen from him by a sociopathic, lying killer.

BBM

I don't think the prosecutor can show photos of Travis in closing arguments unless they were exhibits that were admitted in court during the trial, however, I do believe they can be shown at the sentencing phase. Maybe someone with more knowledge and/or an attorney on here can confirm this.

I don't! IMO this is an example of why JA is the way she is - being supported no matter what she does/did.

Never being held to account when younger. Always bs'ing her way through life, while her family stood by and did nothing.

I will never understand why parents and/or grandparents end up being enablers of their kids. They aren't doing the kids any favours, that's for sure - JA is a prime example.

IMO the grandmother was there for show. Was she dragged in as some have said here? Doesn't matter to me. The fact that she's there is more proof of how not to raise a child.

JMO

Thanks, I could not have said it better.:moo:

http://www.hlntv.com/embed/61705

Enough with the fake crying.

She's now being forced to come to grips with her new future reality, having been caught after committing a pre-meditated murder, and what happens to her now that her lies have all unraveled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member