Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by nursebeeme, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boytwnmom

Boytwnmom Verified Attorney

and that wasn't the only court that had some choice words for him. The case you cited-his testimony about the father being an abuser-the court found him lacking any credibility and awarded the father full custody and made the mother pay his attorney fees.

Kind of like this case. The mother was a liar and he accepted and adopted her lies, performed no adequate evaluation and simply parroted what the liar wanted him to and concluded the poor father who he never interviewed was an abuser, because the liar said so. Because his conduct was so egregious and unprofessional it wasn't like he actually accomplished anything for the liar. Let's hope this jury is as savy as the judge in that court obviously was.

I think everyone clearly has his #. He is a hired gun, biased, lacks credibility, does shoddy work and devotes most of his time to testifying for liars and the guilty. Sounds perfect for Jodi and her pals.

2. ButForFortune

ButForFortune Well-Known Member

I agree with you. If Jodi gets off she will feel empowered and will continue to eliminate any unfortunate soul who gets too close too her and then "offends" her.

3. legalmania

legalmania Verified Paralegal

Just like the dog in the Son of Sam case.

4. ricky_ticky

ricky_ticky Active Member

Travis wasn't going to give Deanna a ring. That's why they broke up. IIRC the ring that was stolen was going to be presented to Mimi, but then she told Travis that she wanted to be friends.

5. Sleuth5

Sleuth5 New Member

I know, I nearly ruptured a spleen. Between her and the young guy with his fifteen-year-old male sexuality perspective -- at one point claiming that he "is a human slut detector," I was bit astonished that a group of professional women stayed relatively placid and smiling. I realize the show must go on, but I would have expected a bit more indignation. Shameful.

6. seguek9

seguek9 3rd generation Wiccan-verified Peace Keeper

All of his women look the same to me...moo.

7. HarvestMoon

HarvestMoon Well-Known Member

No, this new girl on Nancy (Linda) said the ring was for her.

8. ClosArgs

ClosArgs New Member

ITA, why alienate the jury with an unsubstantiated domestic violence defense? They had no real proof of abuse other than a couple of alleged "pyschological abuse" emails/texts/ims of arguments. I have to believe JA drove this defense, and the defense attys are forced to go along for the ride.
    STBT.

9. ElleElle

ElleElle Well-Known Member

These are the same people who say if a women is scantily clothed she deserves to get raped. :stormingmad:

10. ButForFortune

ButForFortune Well-Known Member

I was just able to watch today's courtroom drama on YouTube. Boy did Jodi put on a show for the first 33 minutes! I have never seen her "crying" that much or as animated as she appeared for that length of time before.

What a fake! I guess she figures she is down to the final days she can cry and turn her pleading eyes toward the witnesses and jury members. She is trying to make it really good!

11. otto

otto Verified Expert

If a juror has been checking the news, that will come out during deliberations. Lots of information was in the news that wasn't in the trial. Anyone that was checking the news will slip up in the jury room.

I think that people on juries agree that they won't read the newspaper, won't watch TV, won't listen to the radio and will minimize social contacts while sitting on a jury. If there's a slip up, they have to report it to the judge. It does seem to be an honor system, but it also seems to have some safety checks in place.

12. Karmady

Karmady Former Member

Is the date October 2006 a typo?

13. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

If I am completely honest with myself, I would have to admit that I would possibly peek at some things on the internet. I think I could avoid newspapers and tv news shows if I was a juror. But I would still check my email and stuff, and would be very tempted to see what happened to a missing juror for example. I would probably b e dying to google 'juror # 5' for example.

14. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

You too? I cut school the day MTV came on the air!

Video Killed The Radio Star... First video played.

Remember the VG's? I used to make fun of bobble head Nina Blackwood all the time! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Mrs G Norris

Mrs G Norris Well-Known Member

I heard a confession by a rapist once where he said he picked his victims for how they sat on barstools, women who sat a certain way 'wanted it' and were giving off signals that most men wouldn't pick up on .. he could however :stormingmad:

Shiver.

16. TexMex

TexMex Punishment is justice for the unjust.

During the Simpson trial posters were doing tests on ice cream. I think Nicole had bought she and the kids ice cream and a detective had noted approximately how melted it was...

17. Martin L

Martin L New Member

by the end it will read will you find not guilty and release ja if she said sorry

18. seguek9

seguek9 3rd generation Wiccan-verified Peace Keeper

That was bugging me too...

19. legalmania

legalmania Verified Paralegal

Well I was hungry. His poor family, I don't know how they can look at that, time after time.

20. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

I think she has been a lot more emotional since her grandmother was in the gallery. I do think she did have an emotional connection with her grandma, and she might be really feeling sorry for herself when she sees her grandmother there in court and realizes she will be dead before Jodi even dreams of being free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.