Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

Status
Not open for further replies.
My poor DH was sitting in the tub and soaking a sore knee on Sunday night. He never uses the tub, always showers. But he decided to sit and soak it in epsom, and he called downstairs and asked me to bring him an extra towel and a drink.

I go up there and see him calmly reading a book and relaxing. I give him a towel for a pillow and hand him his whiskey sour. Then I ask him, " if you looked up and saw me holding a butcher knife, would you lunge at me?

"No, I would probably laugh at you." [ we have been married 33 years.lol]

" What if I was aiming a gun at you? would you lunge and try to disarm me?"

He looks up from his book, and says sincerely " Do I have anything to worry about here?"

No, sorry, just wondering...enjoy your bath...:giggle:
:floorlaugh: That is just too funny!! :floorlaugh:

Me too. I also miss MTV when it was actually 24 hour music videos. Now let me go get my cane so I can hobble over the refrigerator for my Geritol.

Come to my house and we can do shots of Geritol!! Remember Martha Quinn??!!

You too? I cut school the day MTV came on the air!

Video Killed The Radio Star... First video played.

Remember the VG's? I used to make fun of bobble head Nina Blackwood all the time! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked mark goodman...lol...
and I never missed Headbangers Ball!!!!:rockon:

I'm thinking that whether the gunshot came first or last will remain a mystery and the only way we will ever learn the truth is if Jodi tells us......maybe just before the lethal injection.

Anyway, I've been convinced since January that the stabbing came first. But, just finished reading WS Sequence of Events #1 and #2. Gunshot first is becoming more believable. I asked myself, as a small woman holding a camera in one hand, what would I want in the other hand against a big guy in a shower? Have to answer "gun".

This trial is making me crazy and indecisive!
Remember that Jodi doesn't think like a "normal" person thinks. I think this distinction is the reason this case has captured our attention the way that it has.

Correct. And since Dr. Horn is a Medical Examiner, common sense says he's experienced in his field and this is routine for him.

I have no idea why JW asked him how many autopsies he's performed. All that did what reinforce the fact that he experienced, and I would not question his findings. :banghead:
Yet the idiot talking head Defense attorney Brian Silber on HLN did! He questioned his credibility!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead: Made me so mad I turned off the TV and left it off all day.

I love how DD throws up a different motivation each night for what happened and why .. tonight it's because he was going to Cancun, and she wanted to be with him to see the '1000 places before you die' so she killed him before he could go to Cancun as one of those places was on the list. Tomorrow it may be something else. I also enjoyed flipping it on last week when the BPD came down the pike to watch DD say he'd been saying that all along, when we know full well he called Jodi a psychopath. He must think his viewers have the memory retention of goldfish.

I love to watch for the friends of Travis he brings on. They just all truly loved and adored their friend. I have never heard grown men go on and on about the love they had for their buddy, as ALL of the people who knew Travis do. It is so humbling to hear how he made everyone in the room feel special. It makes me want to do better, be better. I have been so happy that Dr. Drew goes out of his way to show the true Travis. :seeya::seeya:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/...iend-linda-ballard-engagement-ring-jodi-arias

snipped:

Alexander’s ex-girlfriend also recalled an eerie conversation she had with Alexander during the last visit she had with him at the Arizona State Fair in October of 2006.

“He said he had been dating a girl named Jodi and he mentioned to me that she is a pathological liar,” Boss said.

“I want people to know that the real Travis was not abusive. He was kind, he was a shoulder to cry on, he was passionate about life, he had more goals than most people would ever dream about trying to accomplish. He inspired people to be better,” Boss told HLN.

What a beautiful TA wrote to her.

Curse that damn JA, that evil, lying, manipulative, murderous psychopath. How dare her DT trash such a beautiful man. Curse that DT as well. :stormingmad:

Me too. I also miss MTV when it was actually 24 hour music videos. Now let me go get my cane so I can hobble over the refrigerator for my Geritol.

You whippersnappers with yer MTV.

Back in my day all we had on TV was sand! And we were grateful for that sand!

*shuffles off passing gas and muttering*

Does anyone know who the younger man sitting next to Jodi's mother today is. Is this another one of Jodi's brothers? I'm not sure but I think she has two. The younger brother was in Court once a few weeks ago.

Did I just hear that the bullet passed from behind Travis' left ear through his brain and out the lower right cheek area? I was under the impression the bullet grazed his forehead. There is no way that he was walking (in my opinion) after that gunshot.

The vena cava is the main artery going through the body. With that severed, he was a dead man walking ... I guess that explains the blood in the sink ... then he collapsed and crawled down the hall. That would be when Jodi continued to stab him another 28 times before almost cutting off his head. She then dragged him into the bathroom and shot him in the head. Unbelievable.
Bone-brain-bone-face.
For JW to insult the jurors intelligence like that is deplorable...

The wound track penetrates the anterior frontal skull near the superior orbital bone and transverses the right anterior fossa without gross evidence of significant intracrainial hemorrage or apparent cerebral injury.The projectile re-enters the facial skeleton bear the midline and penetrates the left cheek.

The bullet penetrated his brain!
page 4
http://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/redactedtravisautopsy.pdf

I was just able to watch today's courtroom drama on YouTube. Boy did Jodi put on a show for the first 33 minutes! I have never seen her "crying" that much or as animated as she appeared for that length of time before.

What a fake! I guess she figures she is down to the final days she can cry and turn her pleading eyes toward the witnesses and jury members. She is trying to make it really good!

I agree most of it was a show. There were a couple of times the reaction was genuine, not because she felt remorse, but because she had been stone cold busted in a lie. She winced a few times during the ME testimony today.

Did I just hear that the bullet passed from behind Travis' left ear through his brain and out the lower right cheek area? I was under the impression the bullet grazed his forehead. There is no way that he was walking (in my opinion) after that gunshot.

The vena cava is the main artery going through the body. With that severed, he was a dead man walking ... I guess that explains the blood in the sink ... then he collapsed and crawled down the hall. That would be when Jodi continued to stab him another 28 times before almost cutting off his head. She then dragged him into the bathroom and shot him in the head. Unbelievable.

The bullet entered his right forehead, and lodged in his left cheek thought the frontal lobe, ME says he could not have performed "purposeful action" at this point. Remarkably, he says he *could* have walked after he stab wound to heart. That's why I think it was stab wounds to the heart, back/head, throat and finally gunshot to the head.

If a juror has been checking the news, that will come out during deliberations. Lots of information was in the news that wasn't in the trial. Anyone that was checking the news will slip up in the jury room.

I think that people on juries agree that they won't read the newspaper, won't watch TV, won't listen to the radio and will minimize social contacts while sitting on a jury. If there's a slip up, they have to report it to the judge. It does seem to be an honor system, but it also seems to have some safety checks in place.

In all honesty, if I were on this jury... I could refrain from all discussion and media coverage. IMO the evidence of guilt and premeditation is overwhelming. I wouldn't want to do anything to get my butt kicked off,

I think the confusion came from me, I'm sooo sorry.

I honestly thought I remembered hearing in the video that it was a dream. I was wrong-o! :blushing:

No need to apologize FrayedKnot. I was not calling you out on that. It gets confusing!

You whippersnappers with yer MTV.

Back in my day all we had on TV was sand! And we were grateful for that sand!

*shuffles off passing gas and muttering*

Roflmao !!

Are we naive in thinking not a soul on the (or any?) jury really isn't reading the news at home? Or do people trust them at their word? There is no fact checking, nobody is going to their homes to check their computers or interview their families, . I know we want to take people at their word, that's human nature to trust first, ask questions later, but skeptics work on the opposite side of that track - ask questions first, ask HARD questions first. Has it ever been proven that a jury member did, in fact, read the papers or watch news and was therefore influenced and more well-informed? This is just a general question, thought, not an accusation of course, please understand. 50 years ago I'd have believed that a juror wouldn't have read a newspaper, but these days, it's hard for me to believe that they don't come across something, even unwittingly. Again, just a conversation, not an accusation, ok?

I tend to think they are not watching. When it comes down to it, the only news they can possibly see is HLN who covers it ad naseum, or local news.

Most people take jury duty seriously, at least I did. When I was on a jury for a serious crime that would result in the defendant serving over 20 yrs.... I took it very serious. I would not even talk to my DH, per the instructions. He had enough respect to not ask me about anything.

I don't expect everyone to be like us, but I do expect and respect jurors who have been in it this long, to respect the system. At least most of them who are still there. (that is a whole nother story)

A death penalty case is even more important. I don't see any of them taking this case lightly. :twocents:

IMO she's worse than Manson. He never personally killed anyone....

Actually Manson did murder at least 2 people, according to family members. Some say he murdered a few more than that. One that he is known to have murdered was ranch hand, Shorty Shea. He also cut off the ear of Gary Hinman before Hinman's execution. Manson also is one who went into the LaBianca home and personally tied up Leo and Rosemary. And Manson is the one who went to Sharon Tate's home a week or so before the murder, came face to face with her when she answered the door. He is the one who then ordered the murder of all the people in that home. He *knew* Sharon Tate lived there and he knew she was 8 months pregnant.

< /Manson case follower and reader of too many books on that case to count. >

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member