Trial Discussion Thread #19 - 14.04.07, Day 17

Discussion in 'Oscar Pistorius' started by bessie, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. james83

james83 Active Member

But yet when roux was cross examining you didnt have a similar problem?.

2. Danta

Danta Member

Some people are not happy with people's posting so we all get lumped into the big nasty ball and get bashed by people on the forum.

3. Suthrnqt

Suthrnqt Verified Luddite

So its okay to bash Nel, the prosecutor, but OP is off limits?
    :waitasec:

4. kittychi

kittychi Active Member

He was photographed with a black eye for a promotional thing he had already committed to. Reeva's enemies said that SHE had given him the black eye.

5. steveml

steveml New Member

I used to have one. I never really liked them as a kid, as it was the only type of dog I'd ever been bitten by.

Anyhow, I got one and she was absolutely brilliant. Unusually she wasn't a yapper as well. She was the shyest one in the litter, so maybe that had something to do with it. She could bark when she needed to tho.

She was called Star. :angel:

6. zwiebel

zwiebel New Member

Just bumping this, as it seems the session ended exactly as it began. Isn't there some term for when professionals have to maintain a proper distance and separation between themselves and clients, but they allow it to get confused?

7. Bazinga

Bazinga Active Member

How thoughtful and helpful to call netcare!

And he does like talk about what a hero he is.

8. Interested Bystander

Interested Bystander Well-Known Member

[modsnip]

Nel is being tough but no more than Roux. Roux used a squirmingly artificial niceness at times and then called the witness a liar. I would much prefer no messing. This is a court of a law not a family chat about a murder.

9. solar

solar New Member

It is a hearing loop to help him follow the trial i use a similar one at home to watch t v.

10. sorrell skye

sorrell skye Well-Known Member

After the glorious recounting of the special deeds of the illustrious Oscar Pistorius, I'll be disappointed if the Vatican doesn't convene a special meeting, during which it is decided that a living person can be granted sainthood.

11. Viper

Viper New Member

BIB But you loved when Roux was doing it! :floorlaugh:

Mr. Nel is much better at this stuff than Roux. Mr. Nel actually gets the witness to break and change their story. Lovely day for the PT today.

12. graceholl

graceholl Well-Known Member

I'd say that went both ways ;)

13. Magdalyn

Magdalyn New Member

Agreed. :seeya: US citizen here. I've never heard that it's considered rude to comment that a specific urban area is high in crime when the statistics back it up. Crime is committed by all races and nationalities, and specifying a place is 'urban' is simply specifying it is of or pertaining to the city, not a suburb, and not rural.

14. MeeBee

MeeBee Active Member

It's not racist at all! You can talk about the factual high crime rate of certain areas and cities and not be considered racist. It's just a fact.

15. Lyra500

Lyra500 Active Member

I have definitely seen an article saying there had been no incidents in the previous two years.

16. Danta

Danta Member

That's what I meant by we.

17. steveml

steveml New Member

I think the judges pen should be a mini Taser and if any lawyer steps out of line.....:whip2:

18. jay-jay

jay-jay New Member

We know all of that .. but what we are saying is that this was never just a freak accident, say for instance she was out in the garden with him, doing a bit of work on the garden cutting down a branch of a tree or something and that branch happened to fall and hit her on the head and kill her. It's not that kind of accident .. in this instance, OP, deliberately and intentionally killed someone, and that someone turned out to be Reeva (whether he knew it at the time or not!). There is no possibility of innocence, because the law does not allow a person to shoot a target behind a closed door and without establishing who your target is, first .. OP failed to do that, and he failed to ensure that it wasn't his girlfriend behind that door (either that or he knew it was her, and intended to kill her .. but neither of those scenarios will ever mean that he is innocent).

19. graceholl

graceholl Well-Known Member

OT;

Sometimes I used to wonder what the Arias forum would have been like if Nurmi had been prosecuting and Martinez defending. Crazy to think about. I equally wonder how this case would play out if Nel and Roux swapped roles.

You're correct, but that's why the state needs to prove premeditation. That's where the presumption of innocence bit plays out. He is not innocent but he is as yet not guilty of premeditated murder.

20. DebinGA

DebinGA New Member

Hope Nel asks OP if he stayed around and gave police a report in those two incidents. Sounds like in the many crime examples of OP's, he's always the victim-by-proxy, i.e. anecdotes of others' encounters with criminals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.