Trial Discussion Thread #19 - 14.04.07, Day 17

Discussion in 'Oscar Pistorius' started by bessie, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turaj

turaj Well-Known Member

Anyone else see today as a joke? This pathetic creature whining up there about everything on earth and not one mention of the issue at hand...he murdered Reeva. If this is to get sympathy it is backfiring big time with me and my guess is the judge is thinking the same. At what point is Roux going to get to the day????? And adjourning because Oscar did not sleep...tell me this is not happening. Another big fat joke. Guess Nell could not do much but if they try this again as he will be wailing when they finally get to the murder...they better just keep going I don't care if he is flat on his face on the floor heaving.

2. steveml

steveml Well-Known Member

I really don't know the answer to that yet. It seems to me that OP's irrational fear regarding security seems more to do with either his personality or fame or a combination of both. It doesn't excuse anything though.

I've never thought the place he lives wasn't very secure.

:smile:

...despite what Viper thinks

3. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

He's infuriating!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Gbtaketwo

Gbtaketwo New Member

That has always bothered me which is why I was trying to find out whether the security guards are armed or not . If they are armed and he forgot to press the panic alarm ( which has always been automatic to me as my first line of defence when scared ) then why not shout to Reeva to call security . It is well known response times can be slow for police . On site Security would probably been there within a minute or two .
    If they are not armed it explains why he would say police
    This I am sure will be discussed on cross exam
    :)

5. Feynman

Feynman New Member

partial quote:
    You must be on a different web site than I am.

6. strydohj

strydohj Member

No, there is matching hole in the pants.

7. soozieqtips

soozieqtips Owned by a cat...

So awful after what happened to her mum. Poor Bob and poor kids.

8. JuneBug67

JuneBug67 Well-Known Member

Possibly. However it is equally possible her instinct would be to hide and not draw attention to herself. I think that would certainly be mine.

9. MeeBee

MeeBee Active Member

Her position in the bathroom kind of suggests this to me (standing and listening through the door).

10. Gbtaketwo

Gbtaketwo New Member

That would be my instinct as well and certainly wouldn't have been moving around in that toilet when hearing footsteps coming towards me .
    My heart might be pounding but I would be frozen on the spot .

11. Interested Bystander

Interested Bystander Well-Known Member

Oh dear, that is sooo sad. Two little children left motherless.

12. Viper

Viper New Member

Just caught CNN playing OP talking about the times he had been a victim of crime. Man was that scripted or what! He had it all memorized, all of the many incidents and he sounded like he was reading it all back from a piece of paper. Definitely a huge difference from when he spoke about "his life." Saying true things and saying what you practice to say just does not work well for him, the DT have him loaded up with too much material. If a casual observer can hear the difference, I wonder how he actually looks when he is doing this, to the judges?

13. soozieqtips

I'll make a point, if I may.

He was paranoid about intruders breaking in, despite all that heavy security, and yet still chose to leave his balcony doors open.

14. Carol70

Carol70 Active Member

Was also just reading, so shocking and her poor boys! Naturally, I've seen more than one comment where people have naturally assumed OD..I mean really!

15. Interested Bystander

Interested Bystander Well-Known Member

What I find difficult to stomach is that SA press has been reporting (so I understand) that he has been seen out partying in Jo'burg, getting drunk, being rowdy etc, holidaying with friends, he has a new girlfriend (who I understand has been attending court), etc and yet he turns up at court saying he finds it difficult to get through the day or night (my words not his). Something doesn't ring true.

This is a press report from April 2013, yes! just two months after killing Reeva. It isn't the one about him being rowdy. I will look for that too.

http://www.citypress.co.za/news/grieving-oscar-hits-the-town/

Here is another one. Still not the one I read about him sporting a beard and letting his hair down.

Natalie Meintjes wrote: “Just met and had lunch next to the Blade Runner Oscar Pistorius. Uh no big deal.”
    Cafe owner Jerome Simonis said: “Oscar came to my restaurant a few times while he was here on holiday and seemed fine to me.
    "He was relaxed and happy, as everyone is here.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...reeva-steenkamps-father-3175158#ixzz2yEL3pbrP
    Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

I would like to add that he probably does need to get out and about. What I don't like is in court he presents himself as a pious wreck playing to an audience. Would the real Oscar Pistorius please stand up.

16. soozieqtips

I put it to you... that you may.

ETA. Went back and read the post, and Viper was replying to your own post. I thought maybe it was directed at the wrong poster, but no. Now excuse me while I watch the BBC replaying OP's blubbering apology!!

17. soozieqtips

Really sad. And just yesterday she tweeted a picture of her and her mum Paula Yates, captioned 'me and my mum'. Terrible to lose a child. Thoughts are with her family.

18. Carol70

Carol70 Active Member

Just saw this now..amazingly, didn't even make the news back then! And she was pregnant :( . Striking similarities.

More at the link
    http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Man-who-shot-wife-in-error-can-sympathise-with-Oscar-20140407

19. Carol70

Carol70 Active Member

I think mine too. We forgot that Reeva had been victim to a home invasion already and was so traumatized by the event, she and her mother went for counseling for some time to get over it. I can only imagine the fear she felt if she indeed did hear OP shouting there was an intruder.

20. Cherwell

Cherwell Ice Cream

Not making a noise.

It will be interesting to hear OP's description of the "noise" he heard in the toilet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.