Trial Discussion Thread #25 - 14.04.14, Day 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet that flash was someone's cell screen...

O 'isn't sure' if R would use the slops when she got up, though he does remember her using them at times.

N: Isn't the reason she wanted to leave, wanted to get dressed, that's why they're on the floor?

O: They were inside out...

Yay....here we go.....Reeva wanted to go....

So when exactly was Reeva wearing those jeans? Nel needs to ask him that.

I want him to ask about the damage to the bedroom door

N: She wanted to leave. You both were'nt sleeping. She wanted to leave..

O: Not true.

Nel now jumps straight onto R's stomach contents and O 'can't explain it' and invokes Botha's name.

N: I put it to you she must have eaten within 2hrs of her death.

O: I cannot comment on that. We'd eaten around 7pm the night before.

I just don't get why he wouldn't say that she might have gone down and eaten a snack!

Asking about Merwe hearing a woman talking at 2:00 a.m.

Nel is now onto a woman neighbor hearing a woman talking around 2am that night, and N suggests that was R up and eating.

O denies that possible.

O: I don't think me being awake has anything to do with Reeva's stomach contents.

N tells O being argumentative 'is not good for your credibility'.

Oh darn... wishful thinking on my part :floorlaugh:

I would prefer to get on with seeing what witnesses Roux has.

I know some think Nel is scoring points, but surely you can't enjoy the tedious repetition of it all?

What makes you think you should "enjoy" this. Maybe you're one of those people the judge admonished as thinking the trial was "entertainment"?

Sad, because a trial is to establish the truth of what happened and until both DT and PT have submitted and in bench trials until the judge has weighed up all the evidence, including evidence we only saw presented to the judge but which the judge will use in her weighing up process, the truth cannot be said to have be reached.

What was in Reeva's stomach? And did LE test the contents of the toilet for urine? Did she urinate in the toilet before she was shot?

Thanks!

Mel

ETA: this is the only testimony I heard about the stomach contents. But wondered what she ate: Miss Steenkamp's stomach contents showed she had eaten just two hours before her fatal shooting just after 3am, Saayman told the court.

Ohshite?....is that buffed up blonde dude the one OP threatened ?

Good morning all from North Carolina...3:47 am and chugging diet coke to stay awake. :D

OP rebuked again by judge for speaking softly.

O: ...it doesn't suit my version, but we ate just after 7pm...I don't think Reeva went downstairs to eat later...I don't want to argue the point...

N: I want to argue the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member