Trial Discussion Thread #34 - 14.05.06 Day 27

Discussion in 'Oscar Pistorius' started by beach, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeeBee

MeeBee New Member

BBM: Well said. So true, zwiebel.

2. wb180

wb180 New Member

Can someone supportive of OP defense tell me what's the use of these witnesses? They don't seem to add anything to Oscar case regarding self defense or accidental shooting?

3. sleuth-d-

sleuth-d- New Member

mrs vdm also heard one side of an 'argument' starting at just before 2am and lasting on and off for an hour. when op said he was asleep. if you are entertaining her evidence, how do you account for those noises?

4. swissmonster

swissmonster New Member

Hi Liesbeth I'm just catching up from this morning so sorry if this has already been discussed: are we to led to believe that RS was crying (begging) NO PLEASE NO. OMG Heart just skipped a beat.

5. BritsKate

BritsKate Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderf

So #OscarPistorius allegedly whispered to one of Reeva's friends, Kim Myers, in court today: "How do you sleep at night?"

The incident happened in the last adjournment, when Pistorius was leaving the dock. Kim Myers was a close friend of Reeva's

Desi Myers is "furious" about the fact that #OscarPistorius allegedly said "How do you sleep at night?" to her daughter Kim

https://twitter.com/CharlduPlessc

6. MeeBee

MeeBee New Member

That there is absolutely no proof she heard Reeva and Oscar arguing.

7. Val1

Val1 New Member

Of course there could have been, the problem for OP though is that the calls for help in between would have been those from RS, the ones where OP was also heard calling help(re iirc "intermingled" voices) in what I believe was also described as an embarrassed(imo, mocking) tone.

8. Interested Bystander

Interested Bystander Well-Known Member

There is continued discussion live today after the round table (which is recorded the night before but can also be listened to live via a pay scheme). This is where knowledgeable lawyers, doctors, etc are interviewed and often have some very interesting and salient input. It usually goes on for 3 hours or so.

I am so sorry I didn't mention it earlier. I have been listening the whole trial and it can be very informative. Just occasionally one gets, IMO, someone who has an OP bias but it is also good to hear what they have to say in order to balance the argument.

9. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

BBM

Thank You. I was just going to post that list. I was trying to remember all of the 'promises' that Roux made during that State's case.

He said that the defense would present evidence PROVING that :

1. RS never screamed because the headshot was the first shot

2. OP sounds just like a woman when he screams, and the screams the 5 witnesses heard were actually OP screaming

3. The sounds of the cricket bat are indistinguishable from the sounds of gunshots

4. Something about double taps, but it was murky

Any other promises he has left to prove before Tuesday?

10. Giles

Giles New Member

I don't understand this. Why would he say this to her? It would make more sense if she'd said this to him. He killed her friend.

11. BritsKate

12. whiterum

whiterum New Member

I agree, OP said in his affidavit that he went out to the balcony and shouted help, help, help after the shots and before he bashed the door with a bat. So IMO the last sound that awoke this couple could have been the last of the shots meaning the shots came after bat since they only heard one bang before and no further bangs after OP's help,help,help. By that time after the last shot RS was as good as dead, hence no woman screaming was heard by these neighbours after that last bang/ gunshot. Then they heard OP's help, help,help, coming after he had killed Reeva hence his loud crying the close neighbours heard.

13. sleuth-d-

sleuth-d- New Member

nel clearly stated to op [and the court] that he has no problem with events after op was seen by others.

14. Interested Bystander

Interested Bystander Well-Known Member

Anyone think Roux has thrown in the towel? Today's witness have IMO done nothing except bolster the PT case (though not by much).

15. BritsKate

Oscar is the perpetual victim though.

According to the media link I posted, Kim was quite visibly shaken. I really hope she does pursue charges so it doesn't happen again.

16. JudgeJudi

JudgeJudi Well-Known Member

Not that I heard, only that it was another mother with children I think.

17. Val1

Val1 New Member

Not a direct link to his testimony but the lisasalinger's blog that has a pretty good summary of it. http://juror13lw.wordpress.com/2014/03/06/oscar-pistorius-trial-day-4/ Go about half way down the page for the reference to the "intermingled" voices, or do a find on the page for it. :)

18. lithgow1

lithgow1 New Member

next up will be defence and their 'burden of proof' re OP screaming like woman. Says defence suggested this so need to show this (if i heard correct)

http://whoopwhoop.tv/pistoriusradio.htm

sorry to keep harping on this (maybe everyone already listening!) but it is good to hear these opinions from people who know what they are talking about - if i listen to them closely maybe i will too!

19. screecher

screecher "Dina is going to kill me!"

Catching up...

Was he asked if he was carrying a weapon and frantic with fear whilst checking his house out?

Poor, poor Reeva.

20. jay-jay

jay-jay New Member

I hope so too .. if true, then it is absolutely sickening behaviour from him .. (then again, it's exactly the type of behaviour I would expect from someone like that and in that respect it really does not surprise me).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.