Trial Discussion Thread #35 - 14.05.08 Day 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
She had one patient who had a full stomach after eight hours of not eating and there was an emergency.

CL: Premenopausal women may have delayed gastric emptying, depending on wwhat cycle they're on.

Roux queries what exactly those women are and is told 'Young women'.

Channel4.com sound very choppy for me.

Changed over to telegraph.co.uk Picture not quite as good but sound is better.

Anorexia, smoking, drinking, slimming pills and herbal slimming medicines can delay gastric emptying. But drinking can also speed it up.

This is the longest answer I've ever heard in court. what was the question?

Morning peeps! Warren Levine in the last thread mentioned that some of the live streaming sites have a virus that looks like a java update icon. I was just mentioning to someone that my computer seems to want me to update java a LOT in the last 3 weeks by what appears to be a legitimate popup. What is the virus Warren? or anyone? that I could search it out as my AVG isn't catching anything.

TIA and sorry for the OT just that I have seen that Icon too, but didn't RECALL clicking it...but hey, late night viewing here.

Repeated Java update warnings can be signs of malware. Go to malwarebytes.org and download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, update the virus definitions, then run a full scan. Kill what it finds. Then run your anti-virus and kill what IT finds. You should find yourself clean. The popups I got were ADOBE FLASH updates. Also fake.

Do tell....lol

Well if no one saw it... then they'll think I'm immature for mentioning it. You had to be there. BUT what happened was the video was on a man who was going at it... picking his nose... both sides...... like for a long time.... I had to look away it was so gross.

Lungren: puts it on record that while she was asked to comment on Reeva’s stomach contents, she’s a clinician not pathologist. Factors which may have had an infuence on Reeva's stomach contents were food may have had insoluble fibre, possibly pre-menopausal and that she performed yoga (exercise slows gastric emptying) and she went to sleep.

So basically this expert is saying it's impossible to know last meal based on stomach contents at time of death. You would expect contents to be emptied after 6 hours but it can be delayed due to a variety of factors.

CL: ...varies from day to day in same person. The evidence I've been given shows Reeva ate a chicken stir fry around 8pm??....she had performed yoga exercises. It's unclear if she had tendencies to anorexia. And she went to sleep. I've already said sleep slows down gastric emptying.....therefore the stomach should have been empty.

She went on to say it varies etc, but she did say Reeva's stomach should have been empty.

Masipa says it will be expunged from the record.

Nel up.

Nel's up and will ask for adjournment in a min. Hearsay 'expunged from record', Judge says.

why does Roux even care that much about full or empty stomach. I think he has bigger problems...:waitasec:

If Reeva's awake at that time, it lends credence to the State's argument theory, which shows premeditation?

Or he's hoping to strengthen the appearance of his case by parading as many experts as possible? And stomach contents are easier to refute, unlike pathology findings?

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

N: Have you read Prof Sayman's evidence?

CL: I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member