Trial Discussion Thread #35 - 14.05.08 Day 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m deeply uncomfortable about how this witness mentions illness, medication or anorexia and bulimia may delay gastric emptying in the case of Steenkamp’s stomach contents...when there is nothing to indicate any of these things of the victim. It’s like subtle implication of things about the victim, which are as ‘speculative’ as saying how ‘speculative’ she claims gastric emptying science is.

As if the family need that sort of speculation about the habits of the victim…darn you Pistorius!

The witness could also equally say that stress, anger, violence and arguing could change the emptying patterns.

Also, the witness is a clinician and that says that the medical establishment that operations are based at the earliest 6 hours of emptied stomach. If you have that many worries about stir fries, young women should come to operations with special timing warning about operations!

Witness maintaining that a stir fry may take a long time to digest?

N: I'm testing you, you don't warn your patients not to eat stiry fry?

CL: I tell them to have a light meal.

And presumably the information that Reeva had been asleep came from no other than the man on trial for murdering her? ;)

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

N: Are you saying after EIGHT hours the food could be identified?

CL: May I see the evidence?

N: Prof S said he could identify it.

She warns her clients to have a light meal.

Nel, can you identify the food after 8 hours? She's being difficult. Sayman identified vegetable matter without knowing what Reeva had eaten.

So basically the witness is saying that Reeva should have probably have digested the food, but may not have done - it's not an exact science, she may have done things that slowed her digestion, but then again she may not have done.... Also she can't tell what Reeva may have eaten, or at what time. Where is Roux finding these experts?!

N: On the day after the event, he was able to verify she had vegetable matter in her stomach, without knowing what she'd had to eat.

She says high-fat, cheese, can take a long time to empty as can insoluble fibre.

N: He was able to identify the meal she ate....would you not say the contents should have been unrecognizab;e after eight hours?

CL: I can't comment on that Milady.

N: But he did.

I’m deeply uncomfortable about how this witness mentions illness, medication or anorexia and bulimia may delay gastric emptying in the case of Steenkamp’s stomach contents...when there is nothing to indicate any of these things of the victim.[/B] It’s like subtle implication of things about the victim, which are as ‘speculative’ as saying how ‘speculative’ she claims gastric emptying science is.

As if the family need that sort of speculation about the habits of the victim…darn you Pistorius!

The witness could also equally say that stress, anger, violence and arguing could change the emptying patterns.

Also, the witness is a clinician and that says that the medical establishment that operations are based at the earliest 6 hours of emptied stomach. If you have that many worries about stir fries, young women should come to operations with special timing warning about operations!

Agreed! :goodpost:

Sayman gave evidence that post mortem gastric emptying stops but physical breakdown of food, that continues breaking down the food. Do you have a view on that?

She tries to find info, however the enzymes if they continue to work, she'd be surprised

... I've lost the feed.

Nel explains how after death, digestion stops but 'breakdown' of food continues. Asks CL's opinion.

CL: I have greatest respect for the Prof....I tried to find literature on enzyme breaakdown after death...I was suprised at that comment...

Morning peeps! Warren Levine in the last thread mentioned that some of the live streaming sites have a virus that looks like a java update icon. I was just mentioning to someone that my computer seems to want me to update java a LOT in the last 3 weeks by what appears to be a legitimate popup. What is the virus Warren? or anyone? that I could search it out as my AVG isn't catching anything.

TIA and sorry for the OT just that I have seen that Icon too, but didn't RECALL clicking it...but hey, late night viewing here.

I have seen that pop up too and raised it via the contact function for WS last week as it only appears when I use this website and I know that I already have the most up to date version of Adobe flash player on my laptop, so the message is bogus.

Break time.... smoke 'em if you've got 'em (hmmmm, you guys in Washington and Colorado, no sharing with the rest of the folks your type of smoking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288