Trial Discussion Thread #38 - 14.05.13 Day 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt the Judge will go in favour of evaluation.

It is my opinion that the judge will not rule For Oscar to be evaluated, as the decision will be made after Roux re-examines the witness. I am sure he will use all his skills to water down the psychiatrist's terminology to state that his so-called generalised anxiety disorder may have influenced some of his actions but he still retained his mental faculties. In so doing, I think Roux will negate much of the impact of her evidence and therefore will still be seen as a win for Nel.

Of course, Nel may decide to continue his cross examination and may yet extract further concessions regarding the danger Oscar poses to society. In which case, my previous statements would no longer be valid.

Hi all! I see our snacks and drinks are ready. I am grabbing that yummy red one, I get to celebrate as I had my Bachelor of Education graduation today! :) Now I am on pins and needles waiting to see what happens from yesterdays session.

Good morning all...from a bright and breezy Southern UK

Good morning everyone! The sun is out in the heart of England, for the first time in forever. I'm taking it as a sign today is going to rock in court. :)

Good morning world!

No sun here in the north.....boooooo!

Do you have a feed LaLaw? I can't find one...

Pacific Northwest, USA - 12:30 here and time for bed. TIA for the wonderful reporting I'll wake up to tomorrow!

$2 in the pot says OP's going for a psych eval, hehe...

:eek:fftobed:

I'm in the PNW too and every night I think I'm crazy to stay up to hear the start of the trial! Thank goodness for being able to watch it later...but I do stay up for a bit if it's really interesting...

Says her PTSD info would not be agreed with by majority and also her flight or fight info was also not in line with current thinking

Morning all! .. grey and murky down this part of the UK, Kate .. can't complain though as we have had a fair bit of sun the last few weeks :-D

.. nothing happening in court as yet (well, my feed hasn't started yet anyway ..!)

Oscar Trial Channel ‏@OscarTrial199 · 14m
Now for Day 31 #oscartrial Vorster is seated in witness box, Pistorius with his team, his family all seated - rest of the court still sparse

Anybody have the live feed?? I'm still stuck on the seal

A good old plain pretzel this morning.

I LOVE these kind of pretzels, they are not overly common here in Australia. I would really have to search for one if the craving hit. We had a Pretzel World open nearby for a bit but business must have sucked as they shut down.

For anyone who just wants audio. Discussing yesterday ATM. Saying psyh was out of date in her categories (or simialr) of PTSD

http://whoopwhoop.tv/pistoriusradio.htm

It surprised me that SA uses the DSM and not the ICD. A brand new, shiny DSM V was published May of last year and many categorisations/definitions were altered from its predecessor.

I think the psych is wrong, on quite a few levels, but that's just me. ;)

Still on the seal for me too (so far I am using Wild about Trial). Um edit to say it is on and it is important to check your sound is not muted. :D

Morning all from FL.
3:40am here and very tired not sure how long I can make it.

I am so curious. I really feel that M'Lady was uncertain yesterday, about which way to rule. I am so curious to hear her ruling today. :justice:

I missed it, but caught the updates. I'm 3 days behind right now... terrible time to get busy, grrrr. But I'm here tonight! Curious to see what happens.

Good evening from Brisbane, Australia :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1399966948801.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399966948801.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 14
Hi all! I see our snacks and drinks are ready. I am grabbing that yummy red one, I get to celebrate as I had my Bachelor of Education graduation today! :) Now I am on pins and needles waiting to see what happens from yesterdays session.

BBM:

Congratulations!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads