Trial Discussion Thread #53 - 14.12.9, Day 42 ~ final verdict~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the Dewani trial be televised, too? I'd be interested in following it.

Will OP be allowed to own any firearms at all now? He surely wouldn't be allowed to in the US.

Steenkamp_2481767c.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wo...mp-by-the-photographer-who-knew-her-best.html

I think OP will still have trouble getting into certain countries like the USA as they have stricter Visa rules these days and the UK has some kind of persona non grata rule tool

Well he definitely won't be welcome here in the UK, that's for sure .. there's not many people in this country who believes him, that's for sure! He will be booed (and possibly pelted) off the track if he sets foot in any of any of our sporting facilities.

Maybe we should have predicted this right from the start. The fact the gun crazed idiot was given bail in the first place - which was then relaxed further after the initial ruling - should have told us this was slam dunk. They Masipa's motherly like approach to him all throughout the trial. What were we thinking??!!!

There is no minimum jail time for CH.

He could get zero time in jail if Masipa wants.

Heck, I've been wrong before, (I said it was a slamdunk for murder...I still hold to that) and it's really unclear if the State will want to risk an appeal. I think it shows something is wrong with the legal judgements.

Another lesson, stating: "It's not mine" is fine for possession of ammunition...go out everyone in SA and store ammunition, with little care except remember that phrase

Heck, I've been wrong before, (I said it was a slamdunk for murder...I still hold to that) and it's really unclear if the State will want to risk an appeal. I think it shows something is wrong with the legal judgements historical and current.

I think this lessor judgement of culpable homicide will warrant giving bail on this Judge's statements thus far...

I think he will get jail, possibly a lower than reasonable amount for sentencing - he had 'no intention' and under Masipa view it was negligent and thereby still accidental.

Another lesson: "It's not mine" is fine for possession of ammunition...go out everyone in SA and store ammunition, with little care, except remember that one phrase.

I think he is gonna walk out of the courthouse and into a Celebration party. JMO

Maybe we should have predicted this right from the start. The fact the gun crazed idiot was given bail in the first place - which was then relaxed further after the initial ruling - should have told us this was slam dunk. They Masipa's motherly like approach to him all throughout the trial. What were we thinking??!!!

I am a bit of a PollyAnna, so that's my excuse. :p

Re dolus eventualis

The only inference that can reasonably be drawn from the proved facts is that OP foresaw the possibility that he'd kill the person behind the door.

Is there anyone here who disagrees with this?

If so, please explain your reasoning.

Quote from Guardian page:

A heads up: state prosecution can appeal the verdict, after sentencing, but are only likely to do so if it’s super-lenient. #OscarPistorius

I am just sick over this. I cannot seem to shake the deep, deep sadness I feel right now for Reeva and her family. Justice has not been done no matter what happens now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288