Trial Discussion Thread #53 - 14.12.9, Day 42 ~ final verdict~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah! We are being held hostage by this endless waiting!!!

Robyn Curnow
@RobynCurnowCNN
Court full. Air thick. #OscarPistorius talking to his lawyer. Waiting for judge to decide on his bail.

yikes....if true....i am also in the twilight zone...help

Come and join me down the rabbit hole. We can drink tea (or something a bit more appropriate) at the Mad Hatter's tea party.

So if there is an appeal, Judge Masipa will hear it? Be the one to decide if her own decision was correct?

I believe there is a Supreme Court of Appeal in South Africa which would hear the case but the process may take years. IMO.

I think I need to add a little something extra to this coffee I am waiting to brew....smh..

Correction. Whoop just left courtroom again.

It is really noisy when judge isn't there. Sounds like a party going on.

Yet, just after that testimony, Dixon or Wolmaran's stated that Pistorius helped them with their ballistics test.

Plus, how dubious that he could be 'so upset' around guns - he coolly and blank-faced on video acted out the night holding and shooting the firearm at the toilet door. And then he and his sister acted at being dead Steenkamp on the floor and finally carried out Scarlet O'Hara-style down the staircase...

I've honestly never seen anything so sickening in my life as that video ..

It is always a one sided discussion here. Can we talk about Autumn the giraffe?

She has to grant leave to apply for appeal.

Maybe it's like when a patient asks their doctor to recommend someone for a second opinion though. It would be unthinkable not to do so and would suggest that the doctor wasn't confidant with his/her clinical conclusion and decision making.

SA Press Association ‏@SapaNews 1m
Everybody still waiting for judge to return in #OscarPistorius bail application. No explanation for delay. TH

Come and join me down the rabbit hole. We can drink tea (or something a bit more appropriate) at the Mad Hatter's tea party.

Got room in that rabbit hole for one more??? I will supply the libations.:D

Sad tweet from the associate editor of Daily Maverick

Ranjeni Munusamy ‏@RanjeniM

Whether you're a poor mineworker or a beautiful model, human life means **** in this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998