Trial Discussion Thread #58 - 14.17.10, Day 47 ~ sentencing~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to think of the word I wanted to use to describe that Maverick article and I've just remembered - excoriating. That's what it is.

I have never heard of that word so I had to look it up:

criticize (someone) severely.
"he excoriated the government for censorship"

My biggest wish today is that Roux doesn't break all his sentences up into interminable clauses and sub-clauses; and Nel gets his points across clearly, without jumping back and forth from subject to subject, too much.

Kedgeree - spicy rice, fish and eggs.

Oh now thats made me feel hungry - my Special K this morning is not going to last me til lunch!

thanks! had to look it up -- can be made with smoked haddock ((from my youth - we used to have finnian haddie at least once a month -- thanks for giving me a new idea))

Good morning to all of you!
I should actually get lots of office work done. But I can't resist and will watch this morning.
Do you already have a live stream somewhere? Enca hasn't yet.

Court's in!

N: If I find it Milady, I'll make it available right now...

???

anyone else got audio issues?

Roux's up.

R: Loss of a child is absolutely devastating but....it's necessary to look at the facts....there's an absolute acceeptance of the accused of the judgement. That's on the record.

R:...accused genuinely but erroneously believed an intruder was in the bathroom...court found he did not subjectively foresee he would kill the person behind the door, let alone the deceased..

Haa, OP again in a remorse attitude, not like he was when Kim Meyers was speaking.

R now talking about JubJub case: 'They consciously acted unlawfully, but if you look at thee facts of this case, accused did not act unlawfully. it's an important factor.'

R: When yyou look at the excessive force; the negligence...is it recklessness or a compromised person....when you come to seentence youu have to look at the actions within his frame of mind

Now talking aabout how he (R) was approached on the bus by an attorney who asked him if he read a book: 'And it changed the perspective'...and now he's going on about humanity in general, legal system in general.....And. Stealing.Goats.

R: ...get him to give the goat back.....get him to do something, carry water....where that person stealing the goat is back in society

He really is saying this folks.

OP is a 'compromised' person. He sure is, but not in the text Roux suggested. Was he compromised when he fired out of the sunroof, or at Tasha's? No. Reeva's killing appears to be an extension of his already loathsome (and unpunished) behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77