GUILTY TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
4:30 p.m. All jurors will be sequestered, including the alternates. Three bailiffs were sworn in yesterday to serve the juror and three additional bailiffs will be sworn in now. Clerk swears them in.

4:28 p.m. Clerk draws the five numbers of the alternates: 6 – man. 16 – woman. 18 – woman. 17 – man. 13 – woman.

4:26 p.m. Boyce will now draw numbers of the alternate jurors. It will be random. Their service isn’t over in case a juror becomes sick or cannot serve. The alternates will also be sequestered.

4:25 p.m. The recording was made on the same day Tylee and JJ were found on his property. “I ask you to hold the state to our burden, review the jury instructions, apply the common sense, review the testimony and evidence. Thank you.” Total time for rebuttal was 35 minutes.

4:24 p.m. “Chad says who’s dark, Chad says death percentages and three bodies are located on his property. Three obstacles that were in their way,” Blake says. She then plays the clip of Chad in the back seat of the police car where he says, “I’m not coming back.”

4:23 p.m. Blake plays part of the patriarchal blessing Chad gave to Alex. “Alex had already helped him in ways they could never repay,” Blake emphasizes after she stops playing.

4:20 p.m. Blake shows a text message between Chad and Lori on the screen where Chad said relatives were obstacles.

4:18 p.m. People that Chad labeled zombies were obstacles, Blake says. The people he could get financial gain from would die. “Zombies as designated by Chad.” Blake references the messages Prior referred to and says “they were messages that resulted in three people dying.”

4:18 p.m. Blake tells the jurors law enforcement did not have on blinders – they went where the evidence led and followed up on lots of tips. The kids were found dead in his yard and Tammy was found dead in the house. “You go where the evidence leads.”

4:15 p.m. Blake reminds jurors that for conspiracy, there is no requirement that the defendant committed a physical act to end a life.

4:13 p.m. Blake reminds the jury that Emma testified her dad told her the kids were safe. He tells the jury that Dr. Raven, the defense expert, didn’t review medical records or other records while the state’s witnesses reviewed records.

4:10 p.m. Blake says there were never any reports made to the sheriff’s office that Chad was afraid of Alex Cox. After Alex shot Chad, Chad was back in Arizona visiting with Alex and Lori. Chad gave Alex a blessing.

4:09 p.m. Blake reminds JJ and Tylee were both last seen after it was confirmed Lori was receiving their Social Security payments. “Chad is the one who determined someone was dark, Chad is the one who determined death percentages, the kids were buried on Chad’s property.”

4:07 p.m. Blake reminds the jury of the recordings Ian Pawlowski made with his new wife, Lori and Chad. On one of the recordings, they are upset that Melanie Gibb is going to the police.

4:04 p.m. Blake reminds jurors about Chad Daybell’s house having an upstairs and the recording of Chad and Emma chatting with each other when he was in the backseat of a police car on June 9. Blake says Alex isn’t just on the property the day JJ was buried, he was in the actual spot where JJ was buried.

4 p.m. “Lori and Alex weren’t the ones labeling people dark in the messages. Lori and Alex weren’t the ones assigning death percentages,” Blake says. “Chad was.”

3:59 p.m. Blake talks about Chad not facing charges for in relation to the Brandon Boudreaux and Charles Vallow cases. Blake says he’s not on trial for those crimes — but Brandon and Charles were both labeled dark by Chad.

3:58 p.m. Blake reminds the jury of Jason Gwilliam testifying that Chad told him, “My kids know how to keep a secret.”

3:57 p.m. Blake mentions Det. Mattingly trying to show the autopsy results to Emma Daybell Murray. He told her she didn’t need to have an interview – they could just show them to her.

3:55 p.m. Blake says there doesn’t have to be a written agreement – it can be implied.

3:54 p.m. “Conspirators need not agree on every detail. The agreement may be established in any manner sufficient to show an understanding with the parties,” Blake says, reading from the rules.

3:55 p.m. Blake says a conspiracy requires a plan to commit a crime and one of the actors commits one overt act – not every actor needs to commit the act and not every act has to be committed.

3:53 p.m. “The state absolutely recognizes we have the burden of proof in this case. We told you that in the beginning. We’re not shying away from that. It is our burden,” Blake says.

3:50 p.m. Lindsey Blake will offer rebuttal. She begins by talking about jury instructions. Instruction #18 – Aiding and abetting is defined as before or during the commission intentionally aiding, assisting, encouraging, counseling, inviting, helping or hiring another to commit a crime. “If you find any of those acts occurred, when we are talking about first degree and conspiracy, you don’t have to find the defendant actually committed the physical act to end someone’s life. You have to find the defendant did one of those things.”

3:49 p.m. Back in the courtroom. Boyce is on the bench and jurors are being brought in.

3:25 p.m. We are taking a 15 minute recess before Lindsey Blake does rebuttal closing arguments.

3:23 p.m. “These officers failed this investigation. They absolutely failed in their investigation looking up the facts of this case. If there is reasonable doubt, and there is reasonable doubt, you must return a verdict of not guilty. I am respectfully asking all of you to return a verdict of not guilty.” Prior is done. His total time was an hour and 19 minutes.

3:22 p.m. Prior says Tammy got the bruises on her arms and chest from carrying books at the book fair. “There was no asphyxiation here. This was not homicide.”

3:19 p.m. Prior says Melanie Gibb waited ten days to tell the police that she knew where JJ was. He calls Zulema Pastenes “another complainer – married to the murderer of JJ Vallow, married to the murderer of Tylee Ryan, married to the murderer of Charles Vallow and married to the attempted murderer of Brandon Boudreaux.”

3:17 p.m. Prior wants to talk about Tammy and the FitBit. “You heard from Emma and Garth that their mother wasn’t doing that great.” Prior tells the jury they can’t speculate about Tammy’s health.

3:15 p.m. Prior tells the jury that silence cannot be used against Chad. “You can’t do that. If he chooses not to talk, you can’t even consider that,” Prior says.

3:13 p.m. Prior talks with the jury about dark and light, cashing and Chad being a traditional Mormon. Prior says Chad can go off into a 35-40 minute patriarchal prayer “and I still don’t even know what he’s talking about.” Chad smiles and shakes his head.

3:11 p.m. Prior lists his experts on the screen – Dr. Raven, Dr. Bartelink, Patrick Eller and Dr. Hampikian.

3:09 p.m. Prior lists people who Chad said were dark – Heather Daybell, Det. Hermosillo, Samantha Gwilliam – “they were all dark but they’re not dead.” “Chad was the target. This author writes and talks about uncomfortable things. But he has every right to talk about it and you cannot hold it against him because you don’t like the topic.”

3:07 p.m. Prior says Alex was going to kill Chad next. He refers to text messages between Melanie Gibb and Rob Wood including one exchange Melanie Gibb had with Keith Morrison about Melanie’s intent to protect the church. “Why is Melanie Gibb telling a prosecutor in a criminal case that we need to protect the church?” Prior asks.

I do not really expect a verdict today. I’m not sure how long they will deliberate but they have a lot of charges to go through. If they were getting to go home after the verdict, I might expect them to stay and see it through no matter how late - but since they won’t get to go home now until the sentencing phase is concluded and they have given their decision on it, my best guess is they will stay a couple of hours this evening and then pick it up in the morning and give a guilty on all counts verdict tomorrow.

What do you think?

I do not really expect a verdict today. I’m not sure how long they will deliberate but they have a lot of charges to go through. If they were getting to go home after the verdict, I might expect them to stay and see it through no matter how late - but since they won’t get to go home now until the sentencing phase is concluded and they have given their decision on it, my best guess is they will stay a couple of hours this evening and then pick it up in the morning and give a guilty on all counts verdict tomorrow.

What do you think?
This is my estimation as well. They might stay late tonight to walk through each of the charges and sort of feel each other out on what pieces of evidence they all think are strongest for each charge, but after the long closing arguments today, I know that if I were on the jury, I'd want at least one night to sleep on it and make sure I still feel the same in the morning before making a final determination.

ETA: Also, knowing that they haven't been able to talk to anyone about this for nearly two months now, I sort of think that they'll need time this evening just to dump some of the emotions they've been having to keep under wraps, before getting down to the "real work" of it in the morning.

Did the judge say that the 5 alternates drawn, will also be sequestered, AND that they are NOT allowed to talk amongst themselves about the case while the remaining 12 jurors sequestered do? That is so ......hard!!

I am not expecting a verdict until Friday, mid-day or early afternoon-ish. They have a whole lot to read through and decide on, even if everyone is pretty much on the same page, which is what i expect. Just to be able to FINALLY TAlK ABOUT IT ALL has to take some time, right?

I am not expecting a verdict until Friday, mid-day or early afternoon-ish. They have a whole lot to read through and decide on, even if everyone is pretty much on the same page, which is what i expect. Just to be able to FINALLY TAlK ABOUT IT ALL has to take some time, right?

First words yelled out in the jury room?

" Loin Fire !!! " Hahahahahahaha

What do you think?
In Lori's trial, the jury took about six hours over two days.

Not saying it's going to be exactly the same, here, but it might be similar.

First words yelled out in the jury room?

" Loin Fire !!! " Hahahahahahaha
If the jurors are anything like us and the WS YT chat, nobody is ever going to forget “loin fire” and the portals which lead you to it!

I have to admit, were I on the jury, as soon as the deputy closed the door I’d be exclaiming “What the actual eff?”
MOO

What do you think?
Same

More CD facial expressions during the prosecution's testimony.

((PART III))

(15) While the prosecution plays the 911 call from Tammy's death, CD looks down, but his lips seem to almost turn up a bit. Duper's delight? No sign of tears
View attachment 506642

(16) Another Smug Chad head-shake (with bonus finger-steepling) when Blake questions the inconsistencies in Chad & Garth's stories about Tammy falling out of bed.
View attachment 506643

(17) Odd look here when Blake is talking about Alex staying in Idaho to help CD with something the day Tammy dies. He turns his head toward the jury (something he had been seeming to avoid) and arches his brows.
View attachment 506645

(18) Smug Chad gives another head-shake to a reference to MacKay Abagglan before Blake even has a chance to vocalize what MacKay said.
View attachment 506649

(19) A nod when Blake mentions CD telling the coroner that Tammy had seizures, and then he does this glance-at-the-jury eyebrow-raise again when Blake says nothing in Tammy's medical records indicate she had blood pressure issues.
View attachment 506650

(20) THIS? THIS is the look you're going to plaster on your face while a prosecutor is talking about your wife's death???
View attachment 506653

(21) "Dark people, possessed people? The body has to die" earns another Smug Chad head-shake.
View attachment 506660

(22) This time when Blake mentions "we know what has to happen to the body," Smug CD does a little mocking head-waggle
View attachment 506662

(23) Very openly eyeing the jury as Blake talks about him being the leader of the Church of the Firstborn. It's like he's trying to read them and get a feel for who's buying it.
View attachment 506665

(24) Another contemptuous "can you believe this?" eye-raise toward the jury when Blake mentions that Tammy's cause of death was a homicide
View attachment 506670

((to be continued))
I'm sorry but his mouth looks like Kermit the frogs voice will come out of it.

It's also got to be a relief after so much time not being able to discuss it.

Did the judge say that the 5 alternates drawn, will also be sequestered, AND that they are NOT allowed to talk amongst themselves about the case while the remaining 12 jurors sequestered do? That is so ......hard!!
Wow I had not thought about the fact that the alternates still cannot discuss the case. Those poor alternates. You know they’ve been dying to talk to someone about it for almost 2 months and thought today would be the day… what a let down - not only do they not get to see this thru to a verdict (unless needed of course) but now they have to wait another week or two to even be able to talk about the case. I would not be happy in their shoes tonight.

Wow I had not thought about the fact that the alternates still cannot discuss the case. Those poor alternates. You know they’ve been dying to talk to someone about it for almost 2 months and thought today would be the day… what a let down - not only do they not get to see this thru to a verdict (unless needed of course) but now they have to wait another week or two to even be able to talk about the case. I would not be happy in their shoes tonight.
Those poor alternates! Having to sit around and wait with no way to communicate with anyone in their real lives. That just sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18