trial thread: 3/7/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
He says no one will ever hear the whole truth about what happened on April 8, 2009 because only Tori could provide that. He said there will never be any closure for him.

by Jon Hembrey via mobile 3/7/2012 5:52:12 PM 12:52 PM

Rodney Stafford, wearing a purple ribbon, addresses the media for the third day. He says he doesn't know what Tara McDonald, Tori's mother, will say in court.

by Jon Hembrey via mobile 3/7/2012 5:50:38 PM 12:50

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2012/03/07/stafford-trial-wednesday.html

Is anyone expecting any shocking testimony from Tara?

Thanx for the updates

spacer.gif
joe ruscitti:

Dave asks about our typical day plan for Rafferty trial coverage. Subject to change, as the trial proceeds, but so far it has involved at least two multi-media journalists in the court building (one in the court, one in the overflow room), at least another outside focusing on images (photo/video) and, to keep our website lively, some work back in the newsroom at the same time to keep web files moving and up-to-date, both for LFPress.com and the wider chain our organization belongs to. We've also had a sketch artist at work here and there. We weigh up needs and resources against the ebb and flow in any trial.

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/03/07/19471866.html

spacer.gif
joe ruscitti:

Jonathan asks who determines what evidence can be made public. Generallly, in any trial, the evidence the jury hears is, by definition, public.
What is not always the case, however, is the rapid ability to reproduce that evidence — photos, documents, etc. — for a wider audience. That has improved considerably in Canadian courts in recent years, thanks to technology such as thumb drives and discs, but it still involves some up-front work by the media and the courts.

BBM: Good question, and good thought about a pre-school abduction. It was either the plan, or he was getting himself excited at the prospect....."something good is comming my way (sic)".....

do you remember - when exactly did he post that, was it the day before or the day of?

I have been to the area shortly after the abduction (around mother's day that year) to survey the area -- and I recall seeing a Super 8 almost RIGHT beside the 401 and having concerns about it. I remember thinking that would have been a way too easy place to bring a little kid to disguise her (change her hair, cut it, dye it, change her clothes .... whatever).... :(

I haven't checked the map yet - but I'm going to now to see if its the same one I saw.

do you remember - when exactly did he post that, was it the day before or the day of?

The day of, and I believe, it was in the a.m., I want to say 10 am ish, someone here will remember.

After the 9:05 am drive-by, I guess.

@AM980_Court
No explanation for why the variety store was photographed. It's related to the events of April 8th, 2009 in some way though.

I can't find the post right now, but wasn't it said that TLM stopped at a variety store and wasn't it said that a store owner was asked for its surveillance camera?

Adrian Morrow ‏ @AdrianMorrow
Judge and crown are discussing when Terri-Lynn McClintic will testify. Crown is pushing for next week

Rafferty-waiting for trial to resume. #cityfrancis in courtroom, I'm in overflow with monitors where I can tweet. Tori's mom expected next

by citycynthia via twitter 2:04 PM

Here is the quote. I misquoted, sorry about that, shouldn't have paraphrased.

It is interesting to note, that it seems as if MTR's good friend's called him "Mike". Stacey W. does that here.

At 10:01 a.m. on April 8, about five hours before Tori Stafford was abducted, the man now accused of murdering her wrote on his Facebook page: "Good things are comming (sic) my way."

Michael Thomas C.S. Rafferty, 28, hasn't posted anything on the social networking site since then, a former friend, who asked to be identified only as Stacey W., said in an interview with the Star.

http://www.thestar.com/article/637413

She must be transferred from one prison to another, and the second institution is over crowded.

Judge and crown are discussing when Terri-Lynn McClintic will testify. Crown is pushing for next week

I should imagine the Crown will want the jury rested, and with a clear head, to hear TLM's testimony. The defense will likely be pushing to start her asap. JMO

I do wonder if they will get into why she was considered a suspect. Remember that limo ride to the Sheraton where the stranger gave her a baggie of his abducted child's hair? That was so bizarre.

http://www.cancrime.com/2009/05/18/tara-mcdonalds-limo-ride-and-the-laws-of-evidence/

I had totally forgotten that someone gave her a baggie of hair - that IS bizzare indeed! I know some people think that was a police sting (and I probably did too at one point) but now that you remind me of the baggie of hair -- it is odd!!

Before McClintic testifies, trial has to hear from Tara McDonald, #ToriStafford's mother, and two police officers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie