Trial Thread 4/26/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see who they call as witnesses and in the end what family members didn't come because they felt he was guilty. However no way to really know as his family probably all work and can't be there maybe. Maybe we will never know that either

I can't believe LE was interviewing Rafferty on May 15th, in order to prepare for TLM's polygraph, and he called/texted her 8 minutes after LE left!!!!

If I had to vote whether or not he was going to take the stand I would have to say no he will not. Far to risky IMO. However I as well think it would be interesting.

I don't think he'll take the stand either, I will eat my words tho if he does. I really had a hard deciphering what he was saying in his police interview, it was like he had verbal diarrhea. I hope he's a bit more eloquent on the stand if he does take the stand :)

I don't think he'll take the stand either, I will eat my words tho if he does. I really had a hard deciphering what he was saying in his police interview, it was like he had verbal diarrhea. I hope he's a bit more eloquent on the stand if he does take the stand :)

BBM: Well, HK, he DOES have his notes to refer to........

As FF referred to...

Are TLM and MTR "broken up" and at what time did they break up, or are they continuing their relationship???? moo

I really don't think they were ever really dating. Mtr probably said things to make her think she was his lucky number however you can really tell he just isn't in to her at all.

I feel that TLM is not a lovey dovey person and she was awkward with him with the arm wrestling etc she is not used to being treated well and it's seems to me that she really liked him. She was messed in the head but all she longed for was someone to love her and I think she did what he wanted because she felt that us the way she would get his love in return. Jmo

Trial Evidence from Today:

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/04/26/19684426.html

Civic on Video at 3 Different Times on April 8, 2009, beginning at 9 a.m.:

dynamic_resize

Puma Shoes on Rafferty during Date with TLM, and pair recovered from TLM's closet:

dynamic_resize

I can't believe LE was interviewing Rafferty on May 15th, in order to prepare for TLM's polygraph, and he called/texted her 8 minutes after LE left!!!!

The 8 min delay was him explaining to his mother why the police were talking to him.

I tend to think MR will take the stand. I think he will try to paint himself as an innocent dupe of a guy who tried to help poor TLM out of her terrible life. Similar to what he told his many women friends after the murder. He will state how surprised he was that she was able to do such a heinous act. He will express sympathy for her and her upbringing. He will try his best to charm the jury, the same way he seems to have charmed so many others. I don't believe it will work, and I hope I am wrong about it.

I don't know how the jury can believe he is an innocent dupe after the string of women, the pimping story, and the videos of him visiting TLM after the murder and acting like nothing happened, not a care for the little girl far away from her loved ones, buried under a pile of rocks. I think it'd be best for him to stay away from the stand :)

I really don't think they were ever really dating. Mtr probably said things to make her think she was his lucky number however you can really tell he just isn't in to her at all.

I feel that TLM is not a lovey dovey person and she was awkward with him with the arm wrestling etc she is not used to being treated well and it's seems to me that she really liked him. She was messed in the head but all she longed for was someone to love her and I think she did what he wanted because she felt that us the way she would get his love in return. Jmo

I believe TLM thought they were dating, after the video evidence...they went to the movies one night and then the motel the very next night....she appeared to try and get close to him. MR on the other hand, didn't seem to want her, seeing that he steps away from her touches in the video. I believe MR was just stringing her along and saying all the right things to make her believe that this was a relationship. Remember the letter that TLM wrote but didnt send to MR.

I don't see this pic labelled Tim Hortons...which one is it??

Foodland is dated april 8 at 1015am

OMG I know i was not dreaming or seeing things. It was labelled Petro/Tim Hortons. Which made me think they were attached together. I swear LFP is reading these forums and changed the writing under the photo lol. Either that or i got Tim Hortons on the mind and in need of some sleep.

I believe TLM thought they were dating, after the video evidence...they went to the movies one night and then the motel the very next night....she appeared to try and get close to him. MR on the other hand, didn't seem to want her, seeing that he steps away from her touches in the video. I believe MR was just stringing her along and saying all the right things to make her believe that this was a relationship. Remember the letter that TLM wrote but didnt send to MR.

For sure!!! It's sad. I sometimes find myself feeling bad for her then I have to give my head a shake and remember what she did.

Derstine asked about the EOA gang during his cross examination of TLM, and again with the worker at the Genest facility.

I doubt he just threw that out there for no reason, so I will find it interesting to see what the connection is.

JMO...............

Derstine asked about the EOA gang during his cross examination of TLM, and again with the worker at the Genest facility.

I doubt he just threw that out there for no reason, so I will find it interesting to see what the connection is.

JMO...............

Yes, he is definately onto something there....we have not heard the end of EOA or that dreadful music JMO

With all the women MR was stringing along, what was the draw to TLM? What could he possibly have wanted from her and why did he pursue her? He already had a drug supplier. She is younger than the other women, didn't have an income to help support him and really didn't fit into the same social circles as the other women did (appears most of the others were professionals of some sort or had some type of income). MOO

BBM: Well, HK, he DOES have his notes to refer to........

I betcha those notes are doodles, I betcha his lawyer told him to keep himself busy so he would stop 'ooing and ahhing' and calling witnesses 'liars'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong