Trial Thread 4/4/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pollanen agrees very substantial force was applied to the head. Blunt force can cause bleeding, he said.

Derstine asks Pollanen to explain how blunt force would cause bleeding. Skin would have been split.

Pollanen agrees bleeding can occur after death in some cases

@AM980_Court
  • Derstine asking it Tori's sinuses were damaged. Asking if she would have choked on her blood from that injury. Pollanen says yes.

@RaffertyLFP
  • Pollanen agrees very substantial force was applied to the head. Blunt force can cause bleeding, he said.

Great question Derstine! keep asking about the facial injuries! JMO

@AM980_Court
  • Derstine asks Pollanen to explain how blunt force would cause bleeding. Skin would have been split.

Linda Nguyen‏@LindaNguyenPN
Defence lawyer Dirk Derstine questioning Dr. Michael Pollanen on the amount of blood #ToriStafford lost prior to her death #Rafferty

Defence lawyer Dirk Derstine questioning Dr. Michael Pollanen on the amount of blood #ToriStafford lost prior to her death

Also asking about blood flow after death. Pollanen doesn't know how much blood was lost or produced.

"I can't determine the volume of blood that was lost in this case." - Pollanen

@AM980_Court
  • Also asking about blood flow after death. Pollanen doesn't know how much blood was lost or produced.

RaffertyLFP:
"I can't determine the volume of blood that was lost in this case." - Pollanen [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP:
Pollanen agrees bleeding can occur after death in some cases. [via Twitter]

In some cases, Pollanen would know. Not this one, body was too decomposed.

Rafferty listening with little expression. Wearing white shirt, blue striped tie, brown suit

Injuries to head would have caused death by selves, Pollanen said.

RaffertyLFP:
Rafferty listening with little expression. Wearing white shirt, blue striped tie, brown suit. [via Twitter]

Brought over from other thread as it is being closed

stafford-shirt.jpg

The shirt Tori Stafford was discovered in. :(

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...ford-died-but-not-how-someone-could-kill-her/

Using your post for image :)

Does the shirt seem like its pulled to the side of the torn/cut sleeve? as if being grabbed and stretched?

If a body is never found...does it mean there was no murder. People have been trialed and convicted in absence of a body.:twocents:

I believe its much harder to prove murder without a corpse, It happens more often now then it did 10 years ago iu think.

As for the sexual assult, I personally would want some physical proof it happed before convicting someone soley on sexual assult. And up to this point in the case I do not believe the Crown has estabilished enough proof to show me that a sexual assult transpired. Now, once the case is all over and the defence has had its turn in explaining what happened that night according to their client MR, my opinion may change, as taking the WHOLE CASE evidence into consideration and may believe that chances are a sexual assult did happen by looking at everything as a whole.

Personally, At this point, I do not think the Crown has proven beyond a doubt that MR comminted Kidnapping ( Have yet to see it his side, could be a dupped ) Sexual assult ( No physical evidence only circumstantial evidence) and Murder ( TLM testified that MR did not kill Tori and as of yet nothing to state he took part in the murder )

Now, we have yet to hear anything from the defence so anything can happen and the evidence that we have yet to hear about or even know about has not come out yet. They may have something in evidence that we have no clue about and will turn the whole case on a dime. We the public only hear what they want us to hear. We also have seen daily, how the tweets get twisted by a word or two as this is not a OFFICAL transcript and we are going on the tweets to convict MR.

Im not saying he is innocent by any stretch of the imagination as he has and had some responsibilty in the cover up of Tori's death at the very least and should be punished for those crimes regardless of the outcome of this case. BUT, they have only charged him with Kidnapping, Sexual Assult and murder. I assume that if he is found not guilty that the crown will recharge him with accessory after the fact or something like that, they wont just let him go scott free in my opinion

@AM980_Court
  • In some cases, Pollanen would know. Not this one, body was too decomposed.
r.e. about the volume of blood lost. JMO

Pollanan agrees with Derstine, that more force than was needed to kill Tori was applied.

Nothing could have saved her from the head injuries, Pollanen agrees

Steven D'Souza‏@cbcsteve

Derstine begins his cross-examination asking Dr. Pollanen about amount of blood loss and whether it can be measured #sl

Derstine begins his cross-examination asking Dr. Pollanen about amount of blood loss and whether it can be measured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer