Trial Thread 8 May 2012 Wrapping up Closing Arguments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right out of the gate, the Crown is quashing the entire defense.

Go, Crown, go!!!!!

JMO

Gowdey tells the jury Rafferty drove by OSPS three times on April 8th. Describes frantic search.

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey begins Chapter 1 the abduction At 3:20 Tori leaves school Court is shown picture of Tori

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
Crown on McClintic: "She was the violent pawn that Michael Rafferty used to make this happen for himself"

Crown on #Rafferty: We ask you to consider how completely unrealistic it is that MR was unaware of what was happening to Victoria

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
"...McClintic did not do this by herself," Gowdey says. "She was the violent pawn that Mr. #Rafferty used to make this happen for himself."

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey says McClintic was captured on CASS camera walking Tori to Rafferty's car Court sees the video

Describing what Tori did on April 8th. Her teacher told her "we'll see you tomorrow". Photo of Tori shown to the jury.

RaffertyLFP: Court is seeing a video of a car exiting the nursing home parking lot

Gowdey tells the jury Rafferty drove by OSPS three times on April 8th. Describes frantic search.

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey begins Chapter 1 the abduction At 3:20 Tori leaves school Court is shown picture of Tori

i wish i knew which beautiful picture of tori it is they are showing MOO

Jury now seeing the CASS video. Now, video of Rafferty's car driving by.

Now, camera shows the shots from the Parkinson Road Esso.

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said the cameras captured Rafferty's car near CASS several times and at the gas station

Crown now taking jury through timeline of Apr. 8/09, the day Tori was taken. Showing stills and video around school

If a long list of character witnesses would prove innocence, I think that Canadian Colonel could have presented hundreds, perhaps thousands, of witnesses to testify to his outstanding character, instead of pleading guilty. The list could have included the Minister of Defense and Prime Minister of Canada themselves..........but would it have made him innocent?

Character witnesses have no bearing on proof of guilt or innocence on specific criminal charges.

JMO............

No I realize that but my point was that it's MOO there were things that couldn't be introduced at trial because they led to his character, if Derstine called any character witnesses he would have opened the door for those things to be presented to the jury. That's MOO.

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said Rafferty's got gas for the long trip to Mount Forest

Rafferty had an "obvious plan to leave town" and got gas before Tori was in the car.

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said there is no evidence that McClintic knew Tori that is backed up by Tara MacDonald

People imply that MR's mother could in some way be responsible for the murder of TS, as a result of her actions or non actions... ..and at the same time claim immunity for the actions or non actions of others?

That is a double standard........by any other name.

JMO...............

Where did anyone imply this? Please alert the post if such things are being implied.

The rule is the families - all of them - are victims in this case and are not to bash, trashed or otherwise. Including subtle hints and implications. So if you see such posts - alert them. Don't respond to them.

Salem

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said McClintic was able to manipulate Tori Gowdey asks if McClintic's plan - what was the plan?

The defense suggestion Tori knew McClintic was not in evidence, Gowdey says. "Some children are street smart, some are not".

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey asks why Rafferty parked at the nursing home it it was an innocent pickup of a child

RS wondered if MTR was joking around and smiling so much yesterday that he truly believe he would be going home soon. Wonders if later today MTR will still be laughing and joking in his belief he might be going home..... MOO

Gowdey says if this was all innocent, what could McClintic have possibly told Rafferty about what the plan was for Tori?

Gowdey asks if it was innocent, why would Rafferty park down the street at the retirement home? In a parking lot concealed by trees?

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey points out that Rafferty's house was not far from Oliver Stephens and he drove around the neighborhood

Holy Moly if they were even to stop right now he is toast..

i wish i knew which beautiful picture of tori it is they are showing MOO

I Would assume it was her last school photo that was taken around the time of the murder ( week or two i cant remember when it was taken) It was a great picture and it being her last one makes it even more precious.

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
The Crown questions why #Rafferty wouldn't have pulled up next to the school if he thought McClintic was picking up a family friend?

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey points out that Rafferty's house was not far from Oliver Stephens and he drove around the neighborhood

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said Oliver Stephens was good for a quick getaway because of access to 401

Derstine suggests McClintic picked that school and picked Tori. McClintic said he was "scoping out" schools.

OSPS is "well suited" for the plan devised for the kidnapping, Gowdey says. Long hill, close to 401.

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said McClintic was used for abduction because she would attract less suspicion

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said Rafferty could always drive away if things went wrong

go Gowdey go !!!!

I am having the chills :)

JUSTICE FOR TORI

Crown on Defence saying McClintic targetted Tori: “There is no evidence that she did, no evidence at all”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member