Trial Thread, Weekend Discussion May 4-5, 2012 Waiting for Closing Arguments

Status
Not open for further replies.
(RSBM)

IMO, this is the big stretch. Why would he need to do that at all? Stranger abductions of children happen (although not as often as one would think here) without partners all the time. He didn't have to approach any school, especially that school. Look around. I've been doing it for three years. There are unaccompanied kids walking, playing, and riding their bikes everywhere you go.

If he indeed had this fantasy, all he had to do was cruise a park, a playground, or any street, even in a rural area. Why kidnap a random child from a school in your own home town and transport her out into the country to assault and murder? What was the rush? He could have driven around the Guelph or Mount Forest area any time and found a vulnerable child. Instead, he got some teenage junkie he barely knew to kidnap a kid in broad daylight from inside a school with witnesses all about? It's risky as hell and makes no sense.

I posted this before. 90% of non-family abductions are by men alone. He did not need TLM or anyone else. He was wily and physically strong. He was familiar with the Mount Forest area. He very well could have done this by himself - IF it had been his idea.

JMO

Yes but he is a coward and would rather TLM take all the risks while he was just the coffee guy.Also he is lazy IMO, the only effort he ever put into anything was picking up women, so he needed someone to do the grunt work. JMO.

Yes but he is a coward and would rather TLM take all the risks while he was just the coffee guy.Also he is lazy IMO, the only effort he ever put into anything was picking up women, so he needed someone to do the grunt work. JMO.

Lazy and a coward. Sounds like TLM really did swing the hammer. JMO

MTR's mother in court!

Breaking news hit from Randy Richmond:

Michael Rafferty's mother has turned up at court as the jury begins to
hear closing arguments in his murder trial.

Deborah Murphy arrived Monday, the day defence lawyer Dirk Derstine makes
his closing arguments.

Murphy said she had been here last week but declined to comment further,
saying she may speak to the media after the verdict.

Rafferty's family has not attended the trial before now.

9:30

RaffertyLFP:
A woman believed to be Michael Rafferty's mother was spotted coming into court today. [via

Lazy and a coward. Sounds like TLM really did swing the hammer. JMO

She very well could have. However the judge has instructed the jury it does not matter who swung the hammer. IMO they are both culpable. Isn't it odd none of the blood found mixed with VS was TLM's hmmmm......

She very well could have. However the judge has instructed the jury it does not matter who swung the hammer. IMO they are both culpable. Isn't it odd none of the blood found mixed with VS was TLM's hmmmm......

Don't get me wrong I believe MR deserves jail time just for covering up the scene. If it was my child id want noting more then the death penalty.

MTR's mother in court!

Breaking news hit from Randy Richmond:

Michael Rafferty's mother has turned up at court as the jury begins to
hear closing arguments in his murder trial.

Deborah Murphy arrived Monday, the day defence lawyer Dirk Derstine makes
his closing arguments.

Murphy said she had been here last week but declined to comment further,
saying she may speak to the media after the verdict.

Rafferty's family has not attended the trial before now.

9:30

RaffertyLFP:
A woman believed to be Michael Rafferty's mother was spotted coming into court today. [via

Wow maybe MR never told his mother his side of the story and she is waiting to hear what Dernstine has to say today?

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7880410"]Trial Thread 7 May 2012 - Closing Arguments, Defense then the Crown - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

There is for anyone wanting to go there.

JMO, I think they are both capable enough to engineer and carry out this crime. Alone, or together.

To carry on with tiring comparisons: Neither Bernardo nor Homolka *needed* the other to carry out the crimes they did. They just wanted each other to do it. More fun together, I suppose? That is, until Homolka got angry and "spilled the beans"...

JMO

I think your forgetting PB was the scarborough rapist as well and that KH was severally beaten by him. PB was under investigation for two years for the scarborough rapes. KH spilled the beans because she thought he would kill her ... not because she was angry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa