Trinity Poague, Reigning Miss Donalsonville (GA) Facing Murder Charges in the Death of a Young Child - 19 Jan 2024

i agree about the name change too. That might be why the baby's name is not mentioned by the police. They would have to get that straight before naming him. It is a small window of time for this to happen to the baby and im wondering were they having a disagreement or was she feeling resentful of jealous of the baby. I know it only takes a minute for someone to get angry or frustrated with a baby,

This is just speculation on my part, but one explanation for the varying baby names could be that the bio mother named him at birth. If she later relinquished parental rights or informally surrendered him to the bio dad, the dad may have decided to call him something different. Changing the birth certificate may not have occurred to the parents - or maybe was intended but just not done yet.
Strange that the dad wasn't on the birth certificate and it's her family doing the obituary, funeral, etc. though

Strange that the dad wasn't on the birth certificate and it's her family doing the obituary, funeral, etc. though
Personally, if that's the scenario, I wouldn't find it strange. For various reasons, some mothers don't name fathers on birth certificates. But if she's the mom, her or her family making the announcement using the baby's birth/legal name (their family name, I think?) makes sense to me. There have been several instances where even parents who have been TPR'd or estranged from their child (via foster care, adoption, etc.) went public after a tragedy.

Again, just my thoughts & speculation; not supported by facts that have been released so far.

Personally, if that's the scenario, I wouldn't find it strange. For various reasons, some mothers don't name fathers on birth certificates. But if she's the mom, her or her family making the announcement using the baby's birth/legal name (their family name, I think?) makes sense to me. There have been several instances where even parents who have been TPR'd or estranged from their child (via foster care, adoption, etc.) went public after a tragedy.

Again, just my thoughts & speculation; not supported by facts that have been released so far.
True, I hate either parent is having to deal with losing their child.

Has the cause of death been mentioned yet in any articles? My first thought was maybe he fell off a high bunk (I know my dorm room had high, lofted beds). But on TP's Instagram, there is a photo of her dorm room and bed and it's not higher than any normal bed.

Has the cause of death been mentioned yet in any articles? My first thought was maybe he fell off a high bunk (I know my dorm room had high, lofted beds). But on TP's Instagram, there is a photo of her dorm room and bed and it's not higher than any normal bed.
Blunt force trauma. I'm guessing his injuries were inconsistent with something like an accidental fall, or we wouldn't be here.

Unofficially the coroner said blunt force trauma.

From the coroner
"We did order an autopsy but the results are not back yet so we’re not sure whether it would be ruled natural, accidental or homicide." Clifford Walton said

‘’Looking at trauma some of it appeared to be I’m going to say past history as well as new so that’s why you do the autopsy to determine was it now or was it something that’s been kind of going on for awhile.’’ Clifford Walton said.

From the coroner
"We did order an autopsy but the results are not back yet so we’re not sure whether it would be ruled natural, accidental or homicide." Clifford Walton said

‘’Looking at trauma some of it appeared to be I’m going to say past history as well as new so that’s why you do the autopsy to determine was it now or was it something that’s been kind of going on for awhile.’’ Clifford Walton said.
How can she be indicted already for murder when they don't even know when the injuries were sustained? Seems like they got the cart before the horse.

How can she be indicted already for murder when they don't even know when the injuries were sustained? Seems like they got the cart before the horse.

I always side eye GA cases due to past cases like Tara Grinstead, Tex McIver, Ross Harris and probably more I'm not thinking of. Hoping they release the AA soon.

I wonder if there were injuries that were healing on top of new injuries.
That's just it, they haven't said. She may or may not be responsible for what actually killed the child. Also, she may not be the only person responsible. Where did all of these injuries occur, and who was responsible for the child at the time?

From the coroner

Bbm.
Hmm.
A lot missing from this story.
Rip, little baby. :(
Omo.

‘’We arrived at the hospital and conducted some interviews in regard to an unresponsive child at the hospital and just through multiple interviews and examination of the evidence we obtained the probable cause to charge Miss Poague.’’ Joe Chestnut said

Miss Donalsonville charged with felony murder receives no bond

My guess, the injuries do not line up with her story of how they occurred. ie. her interview did not marry up with medical professionals' findings. Will be curious to get more details on this one. Head injuries can be tricky to prove the when and where of.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637
Back