Troubled country singer Mindy McCready, RIP

She needs serious counseling.....
Any Doctor on this board?
Does the overdose harm the baby at all?

That girl aint been right in years. Yes, it's sad but more importantly, it could be someone you loved in that situation. I feel for that poor baby.

Dark Knight said:
Mindy found innocent of DUI, guilty of driving while suspended:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060719/ap_en_ce/mccready_trial

Her attorney, Lee Dryer, said McCready wasn't impaired and that the field sobriety tests weren't performed properly. He also said she removed her shoes for the roadside test, but then found it hard to complete because her pant legs were too long.

yeah, riiiiiiiight :rolleyes:

Whomever said that the baby does not have a chance is right imo..the level of mental illness this woman has is incredible..she sounds like a personality disorder..(not a pejorative).
The woman has such deep troubles that she wants to marry the man who almost killed her. The father is an abuser - how does a baby stand a chance.
Given her current overdose I think she should be considered an unfit mother and that baby should be in protective custody while in the womb.
Niether parent deserves her..and the mother sounds like she is capable of suicide at any moment.
The father sounds like he is capable of murder-suicide (and I mean killing all 3).

In the womb? Wasn't the baby due in April? Surely it's been born by now if she conceived it last July... unless of course it's another one of those lonnnnng Tom and Katie type pregnancies!

HeartofTexas said:
In the womb? Wasn't the baby due in April? Surely it's been born by now if she conceived it last July... unless of course it's another one of those lonnnnng Tom and Katie type pregnancies!
I might not have it correct-maybe she did have it- and if she did it should become either a ward of the state or givent o a sound relative..and the mother should be forced into a long recovery - where u dont leave the facility for a year..

HeartofTexas said:
I thought I read the baby was 2 years old now.

Mindy gave birth to son Zander Ryan McCready on March 25, 2006. (from wikipedia)

beakiebean said:
Mindy gave birth to son Zander Ryan McCready on March 25, 2006. (from wikipedia)
then he should be taken from her and placed with a family member if thats a good source and if not she should be at the very least supervised as a mother for a long time.

Country singer Mindy McCready was released from the Lee County Jail Saturday Night.

She was arrested by Lee County Sheriff's Deputies around 2:30 Saturday morning. McCready was booked on battery and obstruction of justice charges.

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/8644191.html

Will she ever learn? she needs to grow up and do something with her life geesh

She needs to get psychiatric help. She must be a miserably unhappy person.

Such a talent too. She can sing. At one point she was relaying she got help and that the boyfriend/father of her child was the whole problem. Right there she was in denial and blaming everyone but herself. He was the reason for her drug use, and her drinking and her temper. Sad.

Battery to whom is what I want to know. I didn't know she had a history of this-I'm so clueless when it comes to "stars"

ETA: just found an article from Sept. of 05
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/30/music.mindymccready.ap/

pathetic....i remember when she was caught using the fake scripts...sad

(from the link above)

McCready's list of problems is long:

August 2004: Charged with using a fake prescription to obtain the pain medicine OxyContin. She pleaded guilty in November.

May 2005: Charged with drunken driving in Nashville. The charge is pending.

May 2005: Former boyfriend William McKnight charged with attempted murder after he allegedly broke into her home and beat her up. Charges against McKnight are pending.

July 2005: Charged in Lake Havasu City, Arizona, with unlawful use of transportation and hindering prosecution after police say she and a known con-man tried to use her celebrity to obtain two luxury boats. Charges are pending.

July 2005: Hospitalized in Florida after a drug overdose that authorities say appeared to be a suicide attempt.

August 2005: Jailed in Tennessee after authorities say she violated her probation on the drug charge. She was released on bond and the case is scheduled for trial in November.

Earlier this month she testified in court that she was pregnant by McKnight, the man charged with trying to kill her. Later she was hospitalized after overdosing on antidepressants after a quarrel with McKnight.

She makes Britney, Lindsay and Al Gore, Jr., look like little angels.

Has she ever gotten some serious psychiatric help????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back