True Crime Writer & Blogger Michelle McNamara dead at age 46

Very sad. Nobody seems to be making a big deal about fentanyl, that's cancer pain/'make em comfortable at the end' kind of stuff. Makes me wonder about what was going on in her life. RIP.

Tonight.
rbbm.
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/michelle-mcnamara-citizen-sleuth/
[h=1]Michelle McNamara: Citizen sleuth[/h] April 20, 2017, 7:56 PM| CBS News correspondent Tracy Smith discusses the active role that Michelle McNamara, a writer married to the comedian Patton Oswalt, took to investigate the Golden State Killer, and how it may just be the key to solving the 40-year-old case. Learn more about the investigation on an all-new "48 Hours" airing Saturday, April 22 at 10/9c on CBS.

She had some mysteries yet to tackle. She was writing a book about the Golden State Killer, which she had studied and researched a lot, I think she was almost finished. I hope there is some way it can still be published

I have just read that her husband has finished her unfinished book ^ ^ this must be the book he is referring to. If it is the above book, then it is going to be published.

I worked with Michelle briefly as a researcher on True Crime Diary. She was a fabulous person and I was always so tickled that she hired me since I started out as just a huge fan of hers. I loved her mind and devoured her writing. I was completely shocked and saddened when she passed away so suddenly. I watched the 48 Hours special last night and can't wait to buy the book that she was working so hard on. I hope for Michelle and all the victims that one day the Golden State Killer will be identified.

Xanax I can understand but not fentanyl. She didn't have cancer or another terminal illness. How did she get it. From whom. And why? So so deadly in minute doses particularly when mixed with any other depressant.msi very sad!
Fentanyl can be prescribed as a long acting pain reliever for chronic pain. It's not only used for people with cancer or terminal illnesses. I've been on Fentanyl, in patch form, several times in the 9 years since my back broke. It was used in place of meds like Oxycotin or extended relief Morphine. Many consider it safer because the patches have become so high tech that it's almost impossible for people to extract the Fentanyl out to shoot up. Fentanyl was actually the first long acting medicine my doctor turned to. At the time I'd only heard of it for cancer patients so it seemed a bit extreme but research, talking to my pain therapist and chronic pain support group assured me it was a common and accepted treatment. This is just my experience though. I'm certainly not a doctor and don't even play one on TV. :)

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Xanax I can understand but not fentanyl. She didn't have cancer or another terminal illness. How did she get it. From whom. And why? So so deadly in minute doses particularly when mixed with any other depressant.msi very sad!
That video you quoted didn't say anything about Xanax or fentanyl. What did I miss? Michelle took it? COD?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That video you quoted didn't say anything about Xanax or fentanyl. What did I miss? Michelle took it? COD?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
http://ew.com/news/2017/02/03/patton-oswalt-michelle-mcnamara-cause-of-death/
Patton Oswalt has revealed his wife Michelle McNamara’s cause of death, nearly one year since she died unexpectedly in her sleep at age 46.

“We learned today the combination of drugs in Michelle’s system, along with a condition we were unaware of, proved lethal,” the actor and comedian wrote in a statement to the Associated Press on Friday.

Oswalt also explained that the couple, who wed in 2005, had “no idea” she had a condition that caused blockages in her arteries.

The blockages, combined with her taking the medications Adderall, Xanax and the pain medication fentanyl, caused the mother of one’s death in April 2016, Oswalt said.

Fentanyl can kill someone even without heart blockages. It's highly potent. Using it together with xanax is not advisable.

"Kuhn: The problem with fentanyl is that it is extremely potent (according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, fentanyl is 50 to 100 times more potent than morphine). That means the difference between an effective dose and a lethal dose is small. Patients who are not advised properly and inexperienced can accidentally get themselves into trouble. For example, if pain relief with one patch is inadequate, it is a natural inclination to put another patch on. With fentanyl, multiple patches can lead to overdose."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ritaru...ow-mixing-drugs-can-be-deadly/2/#13c6c4776f40

Fentanyl can be prescribed as a long acting pain reliever for chronic pain. It's not only used for people with cancer or terminal illnesses. I've been on Fentanyl, in patch form, several times in the 9 years since my back broke. It was used in place of meds like Oxycotin or extended relief Morphine. Many consider it safer because the patches have become so high tech that it's almost impossible for people to extract the Fentanyl out to shoot up. Fentanyl was actually the first long acting medicine my doctor turned to. At the time I'd only heard of it for cancer patients so it seemed a bit extreme but research, talking to my pain therapist and chronic pain support group assured me it was a common and accepted treatment. This is just my experience though. I'm certainly not a doctor and don't even play one on TV. :)

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Not a good idea to take fentanyl and xanax at the same time.

"Rubin: A few months after McNamara died, the Food and Drug Administration announced that it was requiring a "black box" warning--the strongest type of warning--on opioid and benzodiazepine labels about the serious risks of using the two at the same time. Why would a doctor prescribe both of them to a patient?"
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ritaru...ow-mixing-drugs-can-be-deadly/2/#53ca577f6f40

I had never heard of her prior to her death. But I have since read her blog and her book about The East Side Rapist. Her writing was thoroughly engrossing and I enjoyed it very much. RIP

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back