Trump wants to buy Greenland

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by FrostOwl, Aug 16, 2019.

1. ColyH

ColyH Well-Known Member

I would love to visit Greenland. It seems like it's in it's own little world completely different from other places on Earth.

weepingangel and gitana1 like this.
  2. Scoutce

Scoutce Who Dat⚜️

^^^^^this
    Thank you for you post and reality check.

cpeacock1, human and gitana1 like this.
  3. Tugela

Tugela Well-Known Member

There is the small problem of the huge layer of ice on top of those minerals. Or perhaps he is counting on global warming melting it. Then he could spin that as a positive outcome of fossil fuel emissions, lol.

The real reason however is that he wants some land acquisition so that he could go down in the history books as "the guy who got Greenland". He is not going to be remembered for anything else. I expect that history will not remember him kindly, so he wants some sort of signature historic achievement. A lot of his policy appears to be driven by that motivation IMO, but I don't think he is going to be remembered in quite the way he would want.

I don't think that he has figured out yet that the history books are written by the very intellectuals he mocks, lol.

human and ColyH like this.
  4. FrostOwl

FrostOwl Well-Known Member

The ice on Greenland is melting faster than ever, and glaciers are disappearing there, as well as on Iceland and in the Alps, so it might not take too long until those minerals are bared. Greenland's ice faces melting 'death sentence'

human likes this.
  5. BlackCloud

BlackCloud Well-Known Member

First off, I really think Greenland is pretty much useless for us. We already have five (five not one...) unincorporated territories (i.e. colonies) do we really need another one? I don't think so...
    Second, I've read something about Greenland. It seems they will gain independence in the near future (maybe 2021).
    Conclusion: Mr. Trump gave another bad impression of himself... At this point it's a huge collection :cool:

6. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes All the boys think she's a spy...