Missing pregnant Shanann Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

Tulsa ME's Office: Crock-Pots And Broom Closets Amid Backlog

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by SeriouslySearching, Apr 28, 2014.

1. SeriouslySearching

SeriouslySearching Active Member

Tulsa Medical Examiner's Office makes do with Crock-Pots and broom closets

Office finds substitutes for needed equipment

Dr. Joshua Lanter points to the black Crock-Pot holding a large femur bone at the Medical Examiner's Office in Tulsa.

The Crock-Pot, the same kind available at Target, sits near a steel autopsy table in the agency's basement examination room. It's a necessary part of some autopsies to separate tissue from bone, but the state Medical Examiner's Office must do without the proper piece of medical equipment — called a boiling pot — in its Tulsa and Oklahoma City offices.

~Snip~

Paper bags of evidence from murder scenes are stored on the floor in a narrow evidence closet. The anthropologist, currently trying to identify more than 130 sets of human remains, works in a converted broom closet.

~Snip~

The Medical Examiner's Office has nearly 900 pending cases statewide, an improvement from the 1,300 cases backlogged in August.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/heal...cle_03c4d03e-0fb6-5c61-b3c6-9764d99069ee.html

2. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Active Member

That's frightening and very sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

Glad I don't live there.