Still Missing Turkey - Jamal Khashoggi, 59, Washington Post columnist, Istanbul, 3 Oct 2018

Jeremy Herb on Twitter
"Corker, Menendez and more than a dozen more senators send a letter to Trump that could pave the way for sanctions over Khashoggi disappearance. Full letter and background here" Jeremy Herb on Twitter

Jeremy Herb on Twitter
Rep. Adam Schiff says House Intel was briefed on Khashoggi's disappearance. "If the horrific allegations of what occurred are accurate, this episode must dramatically recast the U.S.-Saudi relationship,” he said

President Trump says he’ll meet with the fiancee of Jamal Khashoggi, the journalist who has been missing for more than a week. Turkish officials say Khashoggi was likely murdered by a group of Saudis in Istanbul. It’s spawned calls for sanctions on Saudi Arabia from Capitol Hill. Nick Schifrin discusses the politics behind the mystery with Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn.

Read the Full Transcript
For senators, missing journalist casts ‘cloud’ over U.S.-Saudi relations

On Tuesday, The Guardian newspaper reported that the consulate's Turkish staff were told to take a day off the day Khashoggi disappeared. It also reported that Turkish investigators believe security footage from inside the consulate was removed and taken back to Saudi Arabia on a private jet.

During a tour of the six-story consulate given to journalists on Saturday, Saudi Consul General Mohammad al-Otaibi told Reuters that while the consulate was equipped with cameras, they did not record footage of Khashoggi entering or leaving the building.

Jamal Khashoggi: A grisly mystery and a deepening crisis - CNN

Turkey, the USA or another country might of had the Saudi Embassy bugged & monitored; pure speculation on my part; they have all sorts of tech; although the Saudi's might of removed the footage from their internal security cameras and taken it to Saudi; Turkey, the USA or another country might of hacked into the internal security cameras as standard spying activities; The Saudi Embassy is a primary target for spying activities as they are involved in a lot globally; which is destructive. There is talk in the media that the Turkish President will reveal 'footage of the murder' on Saturday. I have my doubts.

Turkey, the USA or another country might of had the Saudi Embassy bugged & monitored; pure speculation on my part; they have all sorts of tech; although the Saudi's might of removed the footage from their internal security cameras and taken it to Saudi; Turkey, the USA or another country might of hacked into the internal security cameras as standard spying activities; The Saudi Embassy is a primary target for spying activities as they are involved in a lot globally; which is destructive. There is talk in the media that the Turkish President will reveal 'footage of the murder' on Saturday. I have my doubts.
I'm 100% sure Turkey has all the evidence it needs to prosecute KSA and all individuals involved.
Diplomats don't get diplomatic immunity for murder.

Last edited:
I would venture that the Turkish authorities knew what had happened within hours / a day after he was reported missing. It's a shame that he wasn't reported missing sooner. They could have detained the 15 assassins.

Last edited:
US President Donald Trump has implied that Jamal Khashoggi, the missing journalist, has been murdered, saying it "certainly doesn't look like he's around", but said he would not cut arms sales to Saudi Arabia even if the kingdom was responsible for Khashoggi's death.

The president's comments came amid growing anger in Congress towards Saudi Arabia over allegations that a 15-man Saudi "hit squad" killed the journalist and may have filmed his death. Democratic and Republican senators banded together to trigger an investigation and said the US government must examine whether the "highest-ranking officials in the government of Saudi Arabia" were involved.
Video footage from the day of Khashoggi's disappearance shows that black vans drove from the consulate to the residence, raising suspicions that the journalist's body might have been transported there.

Turkish officials told The New York Times that Khashoggi's killers might have filmed his death as evidence to show superiors that they had completed their mission.
Trump implies Jamal Khashoggi is dead, but won't cut sales to Saudis

US President Donald Trump has implied that Jamal Khashoggi, the missing journalist, has been murdered, saying it "certainly doesn't look like he's around", but said he would not cut arms sales to Saudi Arabia even if the kingdom was responsible for Khashoggi's death.

The president's comments came amid growing anger in Congress towards Saudi Arabia over allegations that a 15-man Saudi "hit squad" killed the journalist and may have filmed his death. Democratic and Republican senators banded together to trigger an investigation and said the US government must examine whether the "highest-ranking officials in the government of Saudi Arabia" were involved.
Video footage from the day of Khashoggi's disappearance shows that black vans drove from the consulate to the residence, raising suspicions that the journalist's body might have been transported there.

Turkish officials told The New York Times that Khashoggi's killers might have filmed his death as evidence to show superiors that they had completed their mission.
Trump implies Jamal Khashoggi is dead, but won't cut sales to Saudis

No doubts about that

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member