Turner Syndrome

Discussion in 'Haleigh Cummings' started by JBean, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Bathbuddys

Bathbuddys Verified Family Member Thomas Schramm

2. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Professional Pediatric Nurse

you do not have to be indigent to get medicaid for a medically fragile child...

I got it for my child and hubby and I both had jobs and health ins...
    in our state ANY child born weighing less than 2 lbs at birth qualifies for 1 year automatically (or did in 1991)

3. Whisperer

Whisperer Well-Known Member

To my knowledge, rc has never had a job long enough to get company paid benefits.

In this state, Haleigh would have got SSI for her disability. I have no doubt that if there was money to be had, rc would have applied.

I do not think Haliegh was on the growth hormones yet. Gad, years ago they used to be about $1400.00 a month...must be way more than that now. No worry for rc, medicaid picks it up. They ususally don't start those hormone shots till there about 7 yrs old.

4. Whisperer

Whisperer Well-Known Member

I think the biggest problem Haleigh would have is being exposed to smoke. Those two smoke like chimneys.

5. dodie20

dodie20 New Member

I so agree with you about everything except for seeing Haleigh dead before they'd send her back. I pray that's not true. I STRONGLY think their resentment of this happening on Ron's watch instead of Crystal's, hindered this investigation. I too am glad that Jr. made it back to her in one piece.

6. dodie20

dodie20 New Member

or did...those 2 aren't gettn' many ciggys right now, are they?

7. essies

essies "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass

This is very interesting in that I was watching Larry King the other night with Willie Nelson and he also states that is how he uses weed now - in a vaporizer-which he probably means nebulizer. I think many of these players were using drugs at a very young age themselves and wouldn't be put off to use them on Haleigh or Jr. God only knows what they were capable of subjecting these children to as a means to control them!:furious:
    <snipped>
    NELSON: Well, you know, I have changed my habits a little bit. My lungs -- and I smoked so much, you know, and I'd roll and smoke and roll and smoke. But I did get congestion from it. And I was wheezing, in the night and coughing. So, I switched over to a vaporizer, which you don't get any smoke and you don't get any heat. And for a singer, someone's lungs, it's much, much healthier.

KING: It's not pot, right?

NELSON: Oh, yes. It's pot in a vaporizer. But you -- when you, you know, when you pot it in, you're getting vapors, but not heat and not smoke.

KING: Does it have the same effect?

NELSON: Yes, it's even stronger, I think.
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/16/lkl.01.html

8. gngr~snap

gngr~snap Verified Professional Pediatric Nurse

Willie Nelson even? :waitasec: just WOW!

9. CarrieBean

CarrieBean Active Member

I'm guessing Willie is talking about something more like this, lol.

My Son had a nebulizer when he was young. It never would have crossed my mind to use it for anything other than asthma, lol. Geez, some people will use anything for a high.
    [​IMG]

10. fay

fay New Member

You read my mind.

11. dodie20

dodie20 New Member

I can't believe Willie Nelson would admit to this. just putting ideas into stupid people's heads. You'd think @ his age, he'd just say no to drugs & try to stay healthy.

12. CarrieBean

CarrieBean Active Member

I think I recall a discussion in the parking lot about this, if it's still there.

13. Quiche

Quiche New Member

The vaporizing method of taking medical marijuana has been around for a decade or so. jmo

I wouldn't put it past anyone in this associated group to hijack Haleigh's nebulizer for this purpose! :banghead: Complete insanity... but I don't think marijuana could have killed her, pills? Heavens yes. In any case, the residue would have been impossible to get rid of without tossing the entire apparatus-- I could never make sense of the missing machine until now. Of course, the machine would have been gotten rid of as a part of staging the MH even if it had nothing to do with Haleigh's demise.

Also, regarding Haleigh's Turner Syndrome-- it's hard to know what kind of hardship her condition was causing Ron, but we have witnessed some prejudicial behavior from him regarding Amber B's baby (who has a disability), so I guess anything's possible. I'm eager to hear from Haleigh's doctors and educators on this matter.

14. dodie20

dodie20 New Member

Misty has said that she was the one who rubbed Haleigh's aching legs, when she would awaken with cramps & she has also stated that she was the one who cleaned up after Haleigh's bedwetting. Nobody has ever disputed these things. GGS has said that Haleigh looked like she had just stepped out of a beauty shop every morning before school. So, lt sounds like Misty shouldered most of the caregiving responsibilities. We've also heard that Misty didn't want to babysit that night & that Teresa even offered to pay her. We also know(?),(is ANYTHING in this case officially verified?), that Misty was coming off of a drug binger, & that she was exhausted. (re Teresa). When you put all of these things together, it sounds like what you suggested-that someone could have snapped. That sounds like a BAD situation just waiting to happen.

15. AlmostGone

AlmostGone New Member

Wow, I sure do hope they were not "smoking up" with that nebulizer and haleigh had a very bad asthma attack.....So bad it may have killed the poor baby

16. redsky

redsky Member

I never knew this. I have learned a fact today that is interesting and makes me very angry to think of them using her equipment for themselves or killing her because she was ill. What a sweet angel.

17. txsvicki

txsvicki Active Member

Who knows what Misty could have thought about Haleigh's condition. If she thought ahead enough she may have thought that Ron having a child with a disability would make him never want another, or that Haleigh might never marry and be home with Ron for the rest of his life. She may simply have gotten sick of having to get up early every morning trying to get a child to school and all the threats of arrests and fines for the tardies and being absent. Misty must not have done a very good job of getting Haleigh to school in those brief 4 months she was with the kids since they were already being threatened by the school.

18. Soulmagent

Soulmagent Well-Known Member

I dont think there would have been any way for them to use the neubilizer as way to get high effectivly. Unless they had liquid medication in high doses. Maybe a pain patch soaked down with water to release the medication and put in the machine. I dont even see it working with disolved pills and really the drugs already came in easy to abuse form patch or pill or however, the fastest way into the blood stream is the veins,next is sublingual (under the touge) I doubt they were into trying wasteful new ways to abuse their drugs.
    Now what medicane did they have Haleigh on due to her heart condition I would be worried that the neublizer medicane could damage her heart more as most meds for asthma are steriods and affect the heart rate. (no medical expert)

19. Maven2379

Maven2379 New Member

I have no idea what medication Haleigh was or was not on. IIRC according to Ron on NG she no longer needed the nebulizer. I think he said she only used the inhaler. ...... anyway my son has asthma and uses either a nebulizer or inhaler, he gets Albuterol, regardless of which method it's given, it is not a steroid, and does not cause long term side effects. It can cause heart problems if given more than recommended. It does make him "shaky", and kinda hyper when he has to use it. He has not had to use it in a while ...darn pollen!!

I don't think Haleigh's medical conditions were a reason for Ron or Misty to want to get 'rid' of her, and I don't think they were using drugs with her nebulizer.

20. Truthful Lies

Truthful Lies "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's c

Nebulizers and vaporizers are totally different....most i've seen/used look like this, and I have a nebulizer...

I've never seen or heard of anyone ever using a nebulizer for nefarious purposes..if there was a way, people would be doing it, and they just don't. Nebulizers don't heat up.

Even hot spoons would be much more effective than a neb... Vaporizers basically use a heating element....nebs are essentially air compressors: [​IMG]