TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #1

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Gardener1850, Nov 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

2. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

The nose is quite different..

3. BigCityAccountant

BigCityAccountant Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't tell. I'm usually pretty good at being able to tell, but this one I just can't tell if it is the same guy or not.

4. ATasteOfHoney

ATasteOfHoney Well-Known Member

What’s with these killers & their mother-in-laws lately?

First it was Melinda P of Ohio on Sept 23rd shot & stabbed by her soon to be SIL

....and now this killer goes on a rampage in the town where his MIL has a P.O. box & allegedly goes to that church?!

Has it been reported if his wife or MIL was in that church at that time?

5. Mominmi

Mominmi Well-Known Member

could he have perhaps purchased it prior to his dishonorable discharge? I don’t know what age one can buy a gun like that.

6. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

7. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

Idk. Following an atheist site doesn't mean that you're an atheist. I have an atheist friend who follows a Catholic priest... I think you are right, he was angry, and maybe in pain, over something. This guy, and the Vegas guy, I think they wanted their little corner of the world to feel destruction, by their hands, maybe for some perceived injustice, or hurt, or the gambling wasn't fun anymore (LV), God had let him down (TX). They can't destroy the world but they can destroy their little piece of it. He showed us how much he hated hated them/us. Maybe for enjoying something he couldn't, any longer. If one of us were there, he'd have shot us too.

8. EllieBee

EllieBee Former Member

One of my favorites. I love Donne.

9. Snoopster

Snoopster Well-Known Member

Kinda defeats the purpose of background checks, doesn't it?? No wonder there are so many crazies running around with semi-automatics! And yet people are against controlling them?

What's more important right now is that this community must be in absolute pain and anguish. I wish I could reach through my computer screen and give them hugs. :cry: :tears:

10. sweetcaro

sweetcaro Well-Known Member

I'm angry. Angry that this happened. Angry that it will happen again. I'm angry, I'm sad, I'm frustrated.

God bless all those lost, injured and suffering today.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

11. Tbone144

Tbone144 Well-Known Member

18 and a resident of the state from my reading. I thought handguns were 21 but looks like that’s just to carry. Not sure the date on that pic.

Edited to add:
    It is 21 for handguns by wiki. 18 for the others. Some things were changed recently regarding open carry and costs and I’m not sure if the age changed, wouldn’t apply to the past though.

I believe private dealers are supposed to ask a series of questions prior to sale. If the buyer lies, there isn’t much a seller can do about it. I’m not positive, I’ve only purchased through a dealer.

12. SCHMAE

SCHMAE Well-Known Member

Many, many of the threads of this type have been locked because of gun control talk. Not the time or the place. We all know what the arguments are for both sides and they have no place on this thread. Please don't get us locked out while events are still unfolding. There are lots of threads downstairs to take up the debate if you're so inclined.

13. ATasteOfHoney

ATasteOfHoney Well-Known Member

Societal degeneration and social strain

14. Tbone144

Tbone144 Well-Known Member

Fair enough, regardless of how he obtained it, he still had a weapon and multiples in his vehicle.

I want to know what he was discharged for. He was in logistics and supplies. Did he steal things and hide it in the books? I was thinking with the possible drug arrest he was using military shipments to move drugs or some other contraband but that doesn’t seem like it was him. Are discharges a matter of public record like other felonies? I really have no idea and just theorizing.

15. kittythehare

16. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

I'd, personally, not do it, but, that's the way it is here too. I can post a firearm for sale on my FB page, sell it to the first guy that comes along, and I'm good to go. The only problem I would have, is if I knew that I'd transferred the firearm to a felon. Nothing states that I have to ask though, asfaik.

17. Pamela_Brewer

Pamela_Brewer New Member

Make that 3 my daughter's X husband!
    Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

18. human

human Well-Known Member

Not sure about the world. Seems like there is one place in the first world that has this happen continuously

19. Pamela_Brewer

Pamela_Brewer New Member

I saw it. When did he shave his "beard"?
    Moo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

20. kittythehare

https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin...rings-church-killer?source=twitter&via=mobile

Kelley was discharged from the Air Force in 2014, according to Defense Department records. Kelley was court martialed in November 2012 and a judge sentenced him with a bad-conduct discharge, 12 months confinement, and two reductions in rank to basic airman, according to an appeals court decision in 2013 that affirmed the decision against Kelley.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.