TX - 26 dead, 20 injured in church shooting, Sutherland Springs, 5 Nov 2017 #2

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Tricia, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Canaille

Canaille Well-Known Member

I completely understand. I wouldn't have thought to have done that either when I was younger. They couldn't force him to talk... just like you couldn't be forced to talk either, if you didn't want to. But, I get it. I'm not trying to argue with you. I was in my 40's before I ever married, and I always lived alone prior to that. I'm glad you are no longer in that situation. No doubt it was scary. Lots of creepy people in this world.

2. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

and why wasn't he kept in prison/ or a mental ward? These are the questions I'd love answers too.

3. x_files

statutory rape, sexual harassment this guy was allowed to terrorize! I really hope no one bailed him out or enabled this behavior!

4. x_files

If the military couldn't control him, who could? Think about it. That's pretty scary.

5. x_files

I agree. I think he was a psychopath or possibly brain tumor. Waiting to see tox reports or anything to give us a clue.

6. rosemadderlake

rosemadderlake Well-Known Member

Re: young women coming forward about Kelley

No blame here, and I believe all these women coming forward about this deviant's history, but I have to wonder, if someone threatens you with your own personal information, and threatens to shoot you, too, was there no legal channel for these young women?

I am a couple of generations older, way before social media, but had that kind of threat happened to me, I do know my parents would have accompanied me straight to the police station.

Is there such a disconnect on social media that threats like these are just dismissed? I know from following a couple of cases that in this internet world of young adults, some of the communications are eye opening in its level of abusiveness.

In some ways, I do wonder about education because any one of these situations could have ended tragically.

This case is very multilayered from mental health slipping through the cracks, but also criminality slipping through the cracks, too.

7. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Just like TK and DN...

8. margarita25

Where was he in May 2015? Anyone? Tia.

9. margarita25

Well, well, well....not surprised.

10. cujenn81

cujenn81 Well-Known Member

I think it's okay to post the link to an Amazon wish list, as long as you're positive the account was his. I know the link to Todd Kolhepp's Amazon wishlist was shared in his thread.

Regardless, the wishlist is very easy to find. Just go on Amazon.com, and choose 'FIND A LIST OR REGISTRY' from the drop down menu under 'ACCOUNTS & LISTS'. Type 'DEVIN KELLEY' into the search bar and his account should be the second one that is listed. (The first belongs to someone in St Peters, MO.)

A lot of masks, gloves, tactical gear, motorcycle patches, and earring gauges. The scariest part about it for me is that the masks were all added to his wishlist in the summer of 2013. Most of the masks are similar to the one they've described him wearing, but he also had that creepy latex Joker mask from The Dark Knight Rises on there, as well as a few others.

11. Canaille

Canaille Well-Known Member

12. Bernina

Bernina Well-Known Member

*Respectfully snipped by me*

The last items were placed on there in early 2014.........maybe he started wishing on Ebay?

(and I get a "Page not responding" on Ebay.....)

13. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Kindness matters - always

Education is needed. You would not believe what happened to me at 17 that I didn't report (I'm not referring to the assault I mentioned earlier. This was more complicated). By the time I realized why I should have reported it despite what that knowledge in the public might have done to me, years had passed. If something happened with that person now, I would absolutely speak up to LE now.

It haunts me a bit even now that I didn't report it. But the idea of reporting it still scares me, because there would have been fall-out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

14. glamourkitty1922

glamourkitty1922 Well-Known Member

The trouble is that it violates the right to privacy and the right to due process and the Hippa laws. Everyone has rights, and that includes the mentally ill.

15. x_files

I've been harassed and threatened and the police will sometimes take a report. That's it. That's all they can do. If you file for a restraining order it can anger the stalker even more. There's not much the victim can do short of moving, changing your name.

16. faw720

faw720 Active Member

Does anyone know if the shooter was currently living with his wife & baby or were they separated? I can't imagine a woman living with a man that was so obviously disturbed. I know it is said that psychopaths can be charming so if she was still living with him he must have really been turning on the charm for her. Obviously, he didn't fool his MIL & thus the current situation.

17. jdrive

jdrive New Member

1) I hope it's OK to post this. In a note to fellow alumni, his father said that he and his wife were planning to leave TX and move to Colorado in the spring. If he was going to lose his parents' (apparently substantial) financial support, I wonder if that also played into his break??

2) Have either his parents or his wife or mother-in-law released a statement? I haven't seen anything confirming their current whereabouts. I hope they weren't also harmed.

18. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

Names of 26 victims of Texas church shooting released

http://pix11.com/2017/11/08/names-of-26-victims-of-texas-church-shooting-released/

Robert Scott Marshall, 56
    Karen Sue Marshall, 56
    Keith Allen Braden, 62
    Tara E. McNulty, 33
    Annabelle Renae Pomeroy, 14
    Peggy Lynn Warden, 56
    Dennis Neil Johnson, Sr.; 77
    Sara Johns Johnson, 68
    Lula Woicinski White, 71
    Joann Lookingbill Ward, 30
    Brooke Bryanne Ward, 5
    Robert Michael Corrigan, 51
    Shani Louise Corrigan, 51
    Therese Sagan Rodriguez, 66
    Ricardo Cardona Rodriguez, 64
    Haley Krueger, 16
    Emily Garcia, 7
    Emily Rose Hill, 11
    Gregory Lynn Hill, 13
    Megan Gail Hill, 9
    Marc Daniel Holcombe, 36
    Noah Holcombe, 1
    Karla Plain Holcombe, 58
    John Bryan Holcombe, 60
    Crystal Marie Holcombe (pregnant*), 36
    *Carlin Brite “Billy Bob” Holcombe (unborn)

19. JanetElaine

JanetElaine Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was going to say that. When you report it, they don't do anything. Can't do anything. Even if you do get a restraining order they're barely worth the paper they're written on. If reporting it would lead to action, and that/those action(s) would lead to relief for the victim, I wouldn't have had to leave the country. I guess technically I didn't have to leave the country either - I could have sat around and waited until actual harm was done and hope my kids and I would make it out of that alive. No thanks...

20. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Rest in peace.