Found Safe TX - AC Missing from McGregor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
Parents searching for 14-year-old missing from McGregor

MCGREGOR, Texas — AC of McGregor has been reported missing.

The 14-year-old teen was last seen Wednesday, according to a report on her disappearance.

AC stands at 5 feet 2 inches and is approximately 105 pounds.

Those with information on her whereabouts or with any additional information are urged to contact the Center For Search & Investigations at (512)-887-3519 and reference case number 22-00087.

The McGregor Police Department can be contacted at (254)-840-2855.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another pretty 14 year-old girl is missing. Hoping for good news for her soon.

SMH. These kids are just flying out windows and getting into cars, or walking to meet someone, or seemingly disappearing into thin air. SMH. They're running from something or running to something. And what can be done to stop it?

A bit about McGregor, Texas:
McGregor is a city in McLennan and Coryell counties in the U.S. state of Texas. The population was 4,987 at the 2010 census. McGregor lies in two counties, as well as two metropolitan areas. Wikipedia
Elevation: 692′
Area: 21.79 mi²
Weather: 85°F (29°C), Wind SE at 10 mph (16 km/h), 60% Humidity weather.com
Population: 5,212 (2020)

Another girl, ES, also 14, went missing at the same time as AC and they apparently left together from AC's house. It is not known if they are still together. I just started a thread for ES.

Found Safe - TX - ES, 14, "dropped off" at Bewley Park at midnight & poss p/u frm there, McGregor, 29 June 2022

The following article is an interview with ES's stepmother.

Amber Alert issued for missing McGregor girls

MCGREGOR, Texas (KWTX) - McGregor authorities are searching for ES,14, and AC, 14, who have been missing since Tuesday

McGregor police, family, friends and community volunteers are searching for two McGregor girls who have been missing since Wednesday.

McGregor police Lt. Ron McCurry said the disappearances of ES and AC, both 14, don’t meet Department of Public Safety criteria for Amber alerts, but added the situation is troubling because most young people in these situations are returned home safely within eight to 12 hours.

“We are following all leads and doing everything we can to find these young girls,” McCurry said Saturday.

Volunteers and friends of the girls were searching parks in McGregor and other locations Saturday in an effort to find the teens.

SD, ES’s stepmother, said the girls became best friends “instantly” after getting together shortly before school ended for the summer. ES spent Wednesday night at AC’s house and called to ask if she could stay longer. Later, she called to say an uncle was picking her up, but that did not occur, SD said.

In the days following, SD and AC’s mother, SV, have done everything they can think of to find the girls. However, their efforts also included trying to correct misinformation put out on social media and other outlets, SD said.

McCurry and the parents want the girls to know they are not in trouble with the law or at home.

“I want her to know that everything is OK,” SD said. “It doesn’t matter what she has done. I want to tell her to just come home. We love you no matter what. Our door is open. Come home.”

SD said her daughter was dropped off at Bewley Park in McGregor about midnight Thursday and possibly was picked up by someone. She said at this point, they don’t know if the girls are still together.

AC is described as being 5′2″ tall and weighing 105 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes. ES is 5′2″, 175 pounds and also has brown hair and brown eyes.

McGregor police asks anyone with information about these girls to call 254-840-2855.
ES's stepmother gives the disturbing information that ES was dropped off at Bewley Park at midnight, but doesn't say how this is known and doesn't say that both girls were dropped off.

Police searching for 14-year-old girls abducted in Central Texas
Girls are believed to be in grave or immediate danger

An AMBER Alert was issued Monday for ES and AC, both 14 years old.

Authorities said they were last seen at 3 p.m. Wednesday in the 1400 block of West 7th Street and in the 900 block of West 10th Street in McGregor. McGregor is located about 20 miles southwest of Waco.

Even though there is no description of a suspect or vehicle, I'm glad that an Amber Alert was issued. At least now their pictures will be widely circulated and maybe someone will recognize them. I hope that the FBI and Marshals are on the case now.

I wonder if LE found something on the girls' computers that made them realize that they are in danger.

As someone who lives in the same county, I had no idea they were even missing until today when the amber alert went off.

I mentioned on the other thread— it’s a military area. The constant coming and going makes people complacent to things that could be out of the ordinary. Being at a park is a bit more drastic but it’s not uncommon to see strange vehicles since people move so often.

Even though there is no description of a suspect or vehicle, I'm glad that an Amber Alert was issued. At least now their pictures will be widely circulated and maybe someone will recognize them. I hope that the FBI and Marshals are on the case now.

I wonder if LE found something on the girls' computers that made them realize that they are in danger.
They received a Snapchat photo containing the words help.

I hope they are safe.
Hopefully they know they can call police (911) at any time to come get them, if possible.

As someone who lives in the same county, I had no idea they were even missing until today when the amber alert went off.

I mentioned on the other thread— it’s a military area. The constant coming and going makes people complacent to things that could be out of the ordinary. Being at a park is a bit more drastic but it’s not uncommon to see strange vehicles since people move so often.
I am local to this as well (bell county). Both girls were mentioned ONCE on the news, each girl on a different day. The amber alert wasn’t mentioned for several days. I remember seeing their names separately and thinking 2 girls missing from McGregor at the same time, that’s weird.

GREAT NEWS!! Both girls have been found!

WACO, Texas (KWTX) - Three deputies with the McLennan County Sheriff’s Office found two missing McGregor teenagers in Georgetown and arrested James Robert Vanhouten, 30, the man allegedly harboring them, Sheriff Parnell McNamara confirmed to KWTX.

ES, 14, and AC, 14, had been missing since June 28 and police initially said they did not meet Texas Department of Public Safety criteria for Amber Alerts.

On Monday, July 4, however, an Amber Alert was issued for the girls after police were sent a screenshot - allegedly from AC’ Snapchat story - with the message “help.”

Vanhouten will be charged with harboring a minor. More arrests are very likely, the sheriff said.

“The (deputies) did an unbelievable amount of work on it. That’s really good work on their part,” McNamara said.

The sheriff said deputies pursued leads that led them to Temple and back to Bellmead and Moody in McLennan County. The information eventually led them to Vanhouten in Georgetown.

ES and AC were reportedly staying with different people before they met Vanhouten, McNamara said.

The girls were being reunited with family members early Tuesday morning.

1657004459927.png

GREAT NEWS!! Both girls have been found!

WACO, Texas (KWTX) - Three deputies with the McLennan County Sheriff’s Office found two missing McGregor teenagers in Georgetown and arrested James Robert Vanhouten, 30, the man allegedly harboring them, Sheriff Parnell McNamara confirmed to KWTX.

ES, 14, and AC, 14, had been missing since June 28 and police initially said they did not meet Texas Department of Public Safety criteria for Amber Alerts.

On Monday, July 4, however, an Amber Alert was issued for the girls after police were sent a screenshot - allegedly from AC's Snapchat story - with the message “help.”

Vanhouten will be charged with harboring a minor. More arrests are very likely, the sheriff said.

“The (deputies) did an unbelievable amount of work on it. That’s really good work on their part,” McNamara said.

The sheriff said deputies pursued leads that led them to Temple and back to Bellmead and Moody in McLennan County. The information eventually led them to Vanhouten in Georgetown.

ES and AC were reportedly staying with different people before they met Vanhouten, McNamara said.

The girls were being reunited with family members early Tuesday morning.

View attachment 352754
Sounds like a possible trafficking situation… Soooooo very relieved that they were BOTH found!!! ♥♥

This interview with AC's sister-in-law was done before the girls were found, but it gives some new details.

MCGREGOR, Texas (KWTX) - Almost a week after AC and ES were last seen at a park in McGregor, a post to social media by AC led police to issue an Amber Alert Monday morning.

“You get so many amber alerts on your phone and you think oh that’s terrible but you don’t ever think that that’s going to be you or your family,” AC’s sister-in-law ERH explained.

The alert was issued after AC posted “help” to her social media page early Monday morning.

“Seeing that post was the worst feeling I’ve ever had,” ERH said.

ERH says ES was with a boy the night both girls went missing, she says the boy and a family member dropped her off at Bewly Park around 3:30 a.m. on June 29. Before they left, she says ES used the boy’s phone to call AC to ask her to pick her up.

The boy and his family member have fully cooperated with police and is not a suspect, according to Harrison.

ERH says AC then packed a bag and left a note that read:

“I love you so very much mama with all my heart I’m going to go find ES and make things right again.”

The family says they are not sure the girls are together, since the last they heard from AC she was only going to look for ES.

No one has seen either girl since that night, but ERH says AC reached out to a friend on Snap Chat late the following night saying “call me, its an emergency”. By the time the friend woke up and tried to respond, Harrison says they had been blocked from AC’s Snap Chat.

Her only other communication has been the “help” post made early Monday morning also on Snapchat.

“This is not like AC’s character she’s never done anything like this before, she’s not a bad kid. She’s a big light in our family she’s our pretty little princess,” ERH explained.

“I just want her to know that I love her very very much and so does her mom. We really want her to call her mom”

In hopes that AC would see her interview with KWTX, ERH said, “We want her to know that she’s not in any trouble and that we just want her home. I have a 2 year old that AC loves very much her name is D and I do want AC to know that D keeps asking for her and if she needs a reason to come home I really hope it can be the 2 year old that does not understand why she’s not home.”

Police are reminding the public that harboring is a crime. Anyone with information on the girls whereabouts should call McGregor Police.

Lead detective of the Unit, Joseph Scaramucci, tells 6 News the teens, ES and AC, were located with a man who has been identified as 30-year-old James Robert Vanhouten. He is being booked into the Williamson County Jail facing a charge of harboring a runaway.

Scaramucci says Vanhouten has no relation to the two teens and had picked them up in Bellmead where they were with another individual. Vanhouten then took the two teens to Georgetown. 6 News is still working to find out who all was involved in the situation but authorities are still investigating.

The girls were located with the help of data analyst from across the country that helped officials identify probable locations of the teens, according to Scaramucci. He says with the help of contacts Monday, they were able to get the missing teens to give minor details about their location which led detectives to Georgetown.

"I think that this is evidence that when departments work together to find missing kids and partner with other nonprofit organizations, how fast we can make things happen and get the children located," Scaramucci added.

The detective told 6 News, the Snapchat message that was sent by the teens that read "help" was their "cry for help."

More at link.

I am local to this as well (bell county). Both girls were mentioned ONCE on the news, each girl on a different day. The amber alert wasn’t mentioned for several days. I remember seeing their names separately and thinking 2 girls missing from McGregor at the same time, that’s weird.
I don’t have cable and so I had zeroooo clue! I hate this stuff and you know how common trafficking is around here. There’s polices busts all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23