Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the silence?

it’s interesting to me that there are so many differing opinions on this one.

To me, from the very first day, it screamed self harm. It explains the husband’s immediate panic (likely aware of AW’s mental state), the family”s silence now and previous failure to do much looking, the fact that no body has been found (hitmen don’t get paid if they can’t produce a body, street gangs leave the bodies where they drop, carjackers very rarely kill and when they do, they don’t risk carting the body around in a hot vehicle), the sale of the house (they know he’s not coming back), police silence (they don’t talk about suicides),et al. In fact, I can’t think of a single known fact that argues against self harm.

Only other option in my mind would be he did a runner (consistent with much of the above), but based on the publicly available information. he doesn’t seem like the “off the grid” type. And if he left the country, there should be an electronic trail.

Alan was ok my mind last night. I think he’s “voluntarily” missing, perhaps related to why he was looking at his phone.
1. He received some kind of devastating news. Medical, financial, legal - something. Walked away. Unplanned.
2. On the way home, he learned something that made him believe that his disappearance protected a loved one. Unplanned.
3. This was a planned disappearance for one of the above reasons.

I don’t think he’s missing because he wants to be - he believes he has to disappear. His disappearance is voluntary, but not in the “start a great new life” sense.

I don’t know if this was planned or unplanned. If he wanted his disappearance discovered quickly, a loaner equipped with a tracking device does the trick.

Only other plausible theory to me is a professional hit/hostage. I originally thought carjacking gone wrong, but that seems less likely due to lack of searches.

JMO.

Alan was ok my mind last night. I think he’s “voluntarily” missing, perhaps related to why he was looking at his phone.
1. He received some kind of devastating news. Medical, financial, legal - something. Walked away. Unplanned.
2. On the way home, he learned something that made him believe that his disappearance protected a loved one. Unplanned.
3. This was a planned disappearance for one of the above reasons.

I don’t think he’s missing because he wants to be - he believes he has to disappear. His disappearance is voluntary, but not in the “start a great new life” sense.

I don’t know if this was planned or unplanned. If he wanted his disappearance discovered quickly, a loaner equipped with a tracking device does the trick.

Only other plausible theory to me is a professional hit/hostage. I originally thought carjacking gone wrong, but that seems less likely due to lack of searches.

JMO.
Interesting theory. Can you share a little bit more about your thinking....how you came to this conclusion? Any info or indicators that pointed you in this direction?
I hadn't considered this, and want to see if I can develop this theory further. Thanks in advance for any additional thoughts you might have.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Interesting theory. Can you share a little bit more about your thinking....how you came to this conclusion? Any info or indicators that pointed you in this direction?
I hadn't considered this, and want to see if I can develop this theory further. Thanks in advance for any additional thoughts you might have.

I guess it is based more on what isn’t there. I first thought this was a robbery gone wrong. The assailant just wanted cash but somehow Alan got killed and the assailant had to dump the car. Wouldn’t there be a search for the body? And if there was enough blood in the vehicle to determine the wounds were not survivable, wouldn’t there be some change to NAMUS or similar? (I don’t know the answers).

I know some people think self-harm, especially because his husband reacted so quickly when Alan was a few minutes late. I wonder if that reaction wasn’t for fear of Alan hurting himself, but for fear of a some kind of situation - a situation where publicizing it would be dangerous/embarrassing.

I guess it is based more on what isn’t there. I first thought this was a robbery gone wrong. The assailant just wanted cash but somehow Alan got killed and the assailant had to dump the car. Wouldn’t there be a search for the body? And if there was enough blood in the vehicle to determine the wounds were not survivable, wouldn’t there be some change to NAMUS or similar? (I don’t know the answers).

I know some people think self-harm, especially because his husband reacted so quickly when Alan was a few minutes late. I wonder if that reaction wasn’t for fear of Alan hurting himself, but for fear of a some kind of situation - a situation where publicizing it would be dangerous/embarrassing.
You are pulling on a niggling thread that everyone has been scratching their heads over. Why is this case so quiet? No pleas from the family, no reward from the employer, and so forth.

Your speculation that something else, something material about AW is being kept from the public, seems very plausible. What that is would just be a guessing game.
I am now wondering what his car was in the shop for. Did he have an accident?
Had he been showing any signs of mental confusion? Did he have a preexisting condition that required meds; was he off meds? So many questions, and no answers.

What would seemingly refute any speculation of a medical condition, is that his loaner car was found in a shady part of town that is near a bunch of pawn and chop shops...(and a land fill). On the surface, it looks like callous hoodlums attacked AW, disposed of him, (landfill), drove his porsche around, and then dumped it too.

You are pulling on a niggling thread that everyone has been scratching their heads over. Why is this case so quiet? No pleas from the family, no reward from the employer, and so forth.

Your speculation that something else, something material about AW is being kept from the public, seems very plausible. What that is would just be a guessing game.
I am now wondering what his car was in the shop for. Did he have an accident?
Had he been showing any signs of mental confusion? Did he have a preexisting condition that required meds; was he off meds? So many questions, and no answers.

What would seemingly refute any speculation of a medical condition, is that his loaner car was found in a shady part of town that is near a bunch of pawn and chop shops...(and a land fill). On the surface, it looks like callous hoodlums attacked AW, disposed of him, (landfill), drove his porsche around, and then dumped it too.

BBM
So, I have been thinking of his own car.
Why was it at the dealership ??
Do we know ??
I don't remember hearing.

Which brings me to next question-
WHO picked up his own vehicle ??
Is it still there ??
Did someone pick it up that day or did he find out something like, his car was no longer there ??
Was his car still there ??

I haven't heard anything about HIS car, only the loaner.
So that has me thinking and wondering .. UGH

BBM
So, I have been thinking of his own car.
Why was it at the dealership ??
Do we know ??
I don't remember hearing.

Which brings me to next question-
WHO picked up his own vehicle ??
Is it still there ??
Did someone pick it up that day or did he find out something like, his car was no longer there ??
Was his car still there ??

I haven't heard anything about HIS car, only the loaner.
So that has me thinking and wondering .. UGH

I didn’t think of any of that...haven’t seen anything about it either. Just one thing - at the higher-end dealerships, you can get a loaner (free) just for a scheduled oil change. If I had a few things (oil change plus something else), it wouldn’t be uncommon for me to keep a loaner overnight. JMO.

I didn’t think of any of that...haven’t seen anything about it either. Just one thing - at the higher-end dealerships, you can get a loaner (free) just for a scheduled oil change. If I had a few things (oil change plus something else), it wouldn’t be uncommon for me to keep a loaner overnight. JMO.
Right, same here with a loaner.
One time overnight due to me bringing car in later in afternoon and it wasnt ready when I got out of work.
Another time when I had an accident and had loaner for week or so.

So-- just curious WHY was his car there ??
If just scheduled maintenance, no biggie.
IF because of accident, could be a motive or reason for him missing.

But- --- WHEN was his car picked up and by whom ???

Loaner car ditched in shady area
Where was his own car at that time ??
Still at dealership or did someone (Alan or someone else) pick it up ??
and WHEN ???

This has just been bugging me this week, that's all.

Right, same here with a loaner.
One time overnight due to me bringing car in later in afternoon and it wasnt ready when I got out of work.
Another time when I had an accident and had loaner for week or so.

So-- just curious WHY was his car there ??
If just scheduled maintenance, no biggie.
IF because of accident, could be a motive or reason for him missing.

But- --- WHEN was his car picked up and by whom ???

Loaner car ditched in shady area
Where was his own car at that time ??
Still at dealership or did someone (Alan or someone else) pick it up ??
and WHEN ???

This has just been bugging me this week, that's all.

At first I thought unlikely since dealerships do not usually have body work/collision centers, BUT in the Park Place dealership area, there is a BodyWerks Dallas, a collision center, next door/half a mile away from Park Place Porsche.

Porsche @ Park Place - 6107 Lemmon Ave
BodyWerks Dallas - 6120 Peeler St

It could also just be routine maintenance or a recall notice. Nothing is known/reported about AW's normal car.

I remember seeing a timeline of Alan’s case somewhere in this thread (or possibly #2?). New to WS so there might be a way to find it that I haven’t figured out, but if someone could point me to it I’d be greatly appreciative. Want to share with a family member this weekend as she’s not on WS, but she has the mindset and I’d like to get her thoughts.

I remember seeing a timeline of Alan’s case somewhere in this thread (or possibly #2?). New to WS so there might be a way to find it that I haven’t figured out, but if someone could point me to it I’d be greatly appreciative. Want to share with a family member this weekend as she’s not on WS, but she has the mindset and I’d like to get her thoughts.

October 21, 2020, Wednesday

• EVENING: Alan's niece reported on social media that her Uncle Alan mentioned that he would be going to the gym early the following morning, and expected to be home by 6:00 a.m. Alan's husband Rusty Jenkins, and Alan's coworker Matt Davies, both told the news media that they knew Alan had a work-related conference call scheduled for 7:00 a.m. or 7:30 a.m. on Thursday morning, October 22, 2020.
October 22, 2020, Thursday
  • 4:40 AM: According to Alan's husband Rusty Jenkins, Alan and Rusty each left their home near W Mockingbird Lane and Inwood Road in Dallas to go to their gyms. Alan's gym is LA Fitness at Cityplace, a 12 minute, 3.8 mile drive.

• 5:00 AM: The LA Fitness gym opens, and Alan goes in and works out.

• 5:38 AM: Alan is captured on video surveillance cameras at LA Fitness leaving the gym. He does not appear under duress and he appears to be alone. He can be seen getting into his black 2019 Porsche Macan loaner car and exiting the parking lot.

• 5:47 AM: Alan is captured on video surveillance cameras at the RaceTrac convenience store and gas station at 2506 Inwood Road in Dallas. The distance and travel time from the gym to this gas station is 11 minutes and 3.9 miles, strongly suggesting that Alan went straight to the RaceTrac from the gym, with no intervening stops. This gas station is not Alan's usual gas station and is not on the way to Alan's home. However, reportedly Rusty knew Alan was going to stop and get gaseither before or after he went to the gym. Alan's family speculates on social media that Alan may have wanted to avoid police blockades and roadblocks he assumed would be on Lemmon Avenue as a result and that therefore he did not take his usual route down Lemmon Avenue when returning home. Alan can be observed on the video pumping gas into his car, while also apparently using his phone to text. According to Dallas police detective Eric Barnes, "He pumps gas into his vehicle, he goes in the store, after exiting the store, he gets in his vehicle and he drives off the parking lot. At that point, there's no one in the vehicle with him." ** NOTE: There appears to be a time discrepancy, see below. **

• 6:01 AM: Reportedly, through Alan's bank account transactions and security video, Alan's brother Tim White and Alan's husband Rusty determined that Alan paid for the gas at 6:01 a.m. rather than what the RaceTrac timestamp reports, which is 5:47 a.m. Alan's niece also reported on social media that the family has been able to determine that the last "data usage" on Alan's phone was at 6:01 a.m. Was this Alan paying for the gas? Was it Alan checking his balance on his phone after paying for gas? We don't know. Alan can be observed on the video footage apparently using his phone, but if he wasn't using data (meaning he was using an app) then he must have been texting.

• 6:02 AM: According to a researcher with exclusive access to case information and unreleased surveillance video, "From what I've been told, Alan is clearly seen [on the video footage from the RaceTrac] loitering in the store but not going into the bathroom. What stood out in the video was Alan just hanging out in an aisle doing nothing. He never approached the check-out counter or bought anything. He just walked out after a minute or two and then returned to his car still parked at the pump and sat in the car another 1-2 minutes. The tinted windshield makes it difficult to see what he was doing while sitting in the car. Texting maybe?"

• 6:05 AM: The same researcher with exclusive access to video surveillance reports the following: "When Alan pulled away from the gas pump (it was just after 6:00 a.m.) [again, note time discrepancies as mentioned above] he presumably, at that stage, would finally be heading home. He would go here via Inwood — a 1.3 mile trip to his house. Inwood is a straight/direct route to Alan's home, with only one turn required onto his home's street. But, Alan makes a decision to linger one more time before leaving the RaceTrac lot but in a different section of it ... Alan drives 100 feet from the RaceTrac gas pump to Church's Chicken next door and lingers there. Why did Alan pull into Church's and stay there for a minute and not drive directly out onto Inwood to go home? It appears by Alan's behavior that he was deliberately lingering at Church's just as did while at the Race Trac — seemingly in no rush to get home. Security cameras then capture Alan leaving the Church's parking lot, turning right onto Inwood in the correct direction of his house at approximately 6:05 a.m."

• 6:06 AM: The researcher further reports: "This next piece of evidence is critical. As stated above, security cameras captured Alan turning right onto Inwood from the Church's parking lot in the direction of his house. But 4-5 blocks along Inwood Road is the intersection with Lemmon Avenue. There's a CVS Drug Store at this intersection. Apparently, security cameras at the CVS did not pick up any sight of Alan's car reaching that intersection. Traffic was minimal at that early hour and every car is clearly visible on the camera, except Alan's car never appears."

• 6:15 AM: Alan's husband Rusty reports that he thought it was odd that Alan wasn't home yet.

• 6:30 AM: Rusty reports he knew something was wrong because Alan still had not returned home. Alan's niece reported on social media that Alan's family was able to determine that the last text Alan's phone received was at 6:30 a.m.

• 6:45 AM: Rusty reports that he began to panic because Rusty had still not returned home.

• 7:00 AM: When Alan still has not returned home and misses his scheduled work conference call, Rusty reportedly begins searching for Alan. According to news media reports, and social media posts by Alan's niece, Rusty continues texting and calling Alan to no avail, calls hospitals inquiring if they had any John Does matching Alan's description, and drives the route Alan would have taken to and from the gym to their home, looking for Alan. Rusty reportedly was afraid Alan had been in a traffic accident. According to Alan's niece, Alan and Rusty's home security cameras show no sign that Alan made it home.

• 11:00 AM: Rusty files a Missing Person Report with the Dallas Police Department.

• OVERNIGHT: Alan's husband Rusty and Alan's niece stay up all night worrying and crying, and trying to gain access to Alan's laptop and iPad, in an effort to ping Alan's phone. They are unsuccessful because Alan's computers are password-protected and encrypted. (This indicates that Alan's laptop and iPad were not with Alan when he disappeared, and were not taken). Rusty also reportedly spent the next several days after Alan's disappearance driving around looking for any sign of Alan.
October 23, 2020, Friday

• 4:53 AM - 5:43 AM: Historical weather data shows rain fell in Dallas at these times on this date.

• 7:36 - 11:01 AM: Historical weather data shows rain fell in Dallas at these times on this date.
October 24-28, 2020, Saturday - Tuesday

• ALL DAY: Historical weather data shows rain fell in Dallas at these times on this date.
October 29, 2020, Thursday

• TIME UNKNOWN: Dallas Police locate Alan's 2019 Porsche Macan loaner car abandoned in the 5800 block of Kitty Street in Dallas, approximately 20 minutes and 15.5 miles from Alan's last known location at the RaceTrac. The area is a secluded, out-of-the-way area known to the police and locals as a popular illegal dumpsite. Police report the car was parked between two sections of bushes, and the keys were inside. Police said they searched the vehicle but didn't find any clear evidence inside. Alan's navy and maroon two-tone Coach sling bag, its unknown contents, and Alan's phone remain missing. Alan's family say there were no signs of violence or damage to the Porsche, and the seats were wet, and there was mud on the tires. This is significant because it indicates not only that Alan wasn't driving and didn't park the vehicle, but that the vehicle was parked while it was raining. Historical weather data shows that the day and time Alan went missing, October 22, 2020, it was clear and 70 degrees outside. It rained the following day, October 23, 2020, and October 25-28, 2020. The wet seats and muddy tires suggest that whoever was driving the car had been rained on.
November 20, 2020, Friday

• TIME UNKNOWN: Citing "recent developments in the investigation," the Dallas Police upgrade Alan's disappearance from "Want to Locate" to "Endangered Missing" person. The police say they will not comment on what new evidence led them to reclassify Alan's disappearance, but the New York Post reports that an unnamed Dallas police sergeant told them that "a recent discussion with White's family" prompted detectives to make the upgrade.
December 4, 2020, Friday

• The Dallas Police transferred Alan's case from the Youth Operations division (which handles missing person cases via their Missing Persons Squad) to the Special Investigations Unit, which handles cold cases.

John goes over some of the Websleuths thread in his video.

I can't remember if we discussed the possibility of self-harm?
John thinks perhaps it was a hate crime. Not likely a robbery given the car being left in his opinion. But the comments on his video are interesting with locals commenting saying he absolutely wouldn't be safe where he was looking clean cut driving an expensive car.

There’s also the media thread that’s linked at the beginning of each thread:
TX - TX - Alan White, 55, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 -MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE **NO DISCUSSION**

Welcome to WS!

Thank you @happyday and @anonypotomous !

I have taken note of what you’ve shared and will be sharing it with my family member this weekend. Hoping she has some fresh eye insight. After days of reading through these threads, I wish I just had the bare bones timeline again and had written down my initial thoughts, but I had to get through the threads and everyone’s thoughts to get some updates (few and far between as they may be). I’ll be watching the video above after work. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member