Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his nearest and dearest have a good if not concrete idea of what happened, and for whatever reason they don’t want attention on it.

If they don't, it's one of the only cases of a missing person I've ever come across where the family doesn't try and get the media attention in hopes of bringing their loved one home. Alan's mom and husband did give one interview early on, but have gone silent since. The whole family have.

I think you're possibly correct, they do know, or suspect, and don't want to draw any attention to it.

jmo

If they don't, it's one of the only cases of a missing person I've ever come across where the family doesn't try and get the media attention in hopes of bringing their loved one home. Alan's mom and husband did give one interview early on, but have gone silent since. The whole family have.

I think you're possibly correct, they do know, or suspect, and don't want to draw any attention to it.

jmo
It is interesting. They don't have a "missing page" as most do. If they are reading, I want to be sure I am saying I am only interpreting reaction as a sign of what is happening behind the scenes and what is "known". Which I think is fair.

I am following the Jason Landry case right now, and although his family has a missing page, the reaction seems somewhat the same. There are not "pleas" happening in the media, there are no press conferences, flyer canvassing, volunteer searches, or updates from LE or regular news story's. I don't know if this is a function of our world today, or what is known in this case too. Both families have the same type of religious background I believe.

I just hope it is a sign of LE having more info in both cases behind the scenes. These are two cases that I wish had investigative reporters actively updating and it is just not happening. I think there is a huge market for a nationwide group that would do that.

And the phone... They mentioned having to get warrants for each app and from Apple etc. The phone was not in the car, and presumed with Alan so I would think traceable. The GPS can get you within 50 feet of last known location, so I would imagine the family does have some idea. Still, where is Alan?

<modsnip>

But lured away where? After the RaceTrac and then Church's Chicken, it seemed like Alan was heading home. If he was meeting someone, shouldn't that have been done at RaceTrac or Church's Chicken parking lot?

Was there a possibility the other person was a 'no show' there but was discreetly stalking him and following him in his car, and Alan was unaware?

Could something have happened after he turned down a quiet suburban road?

Or was a 'meeting' planned for a more discreet location that the RaceTrac and Church's Chicken?
Although Alan would have already been running late by this point and knowing his partner would already be anxious....

Last edited by a moderator:
We wondered why it went from "Wanting to Locate" to "Endangered"... maybe it's the only way to obtain warrants?
Pulling this up from one of my earlier posts:

I know some of us have been wondering why AW was given an "endangered" status. I was wondering if it had to do with some medical condition. In Texas, "endangered" is defined as ...."a person of any age who is missing under circumstances indicating that his/her physical safety may be in danger."

You can find this right after the table of contents, in the Introduction.
https://www.dps.texas.gov/internetforms/Forms/MP-13.pdf

Amateur opinion and speculation

The criteria for listing on Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
Missing Persons Clearinghouse Criteria | Department of Public Safety
If you look @ the last rules & regulations on the link by boston your answer is # 3, Who here doesn't believe my suggestion?

I’m inclined to agree that there is some kind of lingering. It could have been something as simple as checking a Tweet or headline. It could also have been a meet-up for a very brief transaction or communication related to same. I don’t think there was enough time for anything else <modsnip> given the constraints of the work call.

I’d like to know if his habit was to text while driving or pull over. This could all be a red herring. I doubt it, but then I thought about how my routine drives often involve a tiny detour or two.

JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless Alan was using some covert app, surely LE knows Alan's digital footprint? I would love to see those records.
Perhaps LE learned of such use of an app that morn, and perhaps such app use was basis for moving status to 'endangered'. In other words, if he arranged on short notice that morn to meet a stranger that morn, just before he permanently disappeared, perhaps that would be basis for moving status to 'endangered'. To put it yet another way, if the last thing he was known to have done was to have arranged to meet a stranger, that paints a very different picture than if the last thing he'd been known to have done was to have pulled out of the gym parking lot, presumably headed for home.

Last edited:
Perhaps LE learned of such use of an app that morn, and perhaps such app use was basis for moving status to 'endangered'. In other words, if he arranged on short notice that morn to meet a stranger the morn, just before he permanently disappeared, perhaps that would be basis for moving status to 'endangered'...
And perhaps the reason his husband stopped commenting...

Perhaps LE learned of such use of an app that morn, and perhaps such app use was basis for moving status to 'endangered'. In other words, if he arranged on short notice that morn to meet a stranger the morn, just before he permanently disappeared, perhaps that would be basis for moving status to 'endangered'...
Well, I wish they'd come out and say so. That way the public could know to look for others hanging around or acting suspiciously that morning in those locations.
Just saying 'he went missing driving near his home' could not be very accurate, if they are sitting on other information.
LE want the public's help, but don't tell them the whole story, so it becomes a wild goose chase.

Well, I wish they'd come out and say so. That way the public could know to look for others hanging around or acting suspiciously that morning in those locations.
Just saying 'he went missing driving near his home' could not be very accurate, if they are sitting on other information.
LE want the public's help, but don't tell them the whole story, so it becomes a wild goose chase.
I'd bet that LE doesn't really need the public's help, have a pretty good idea of what went down, and are just solidifying their case before bringing charges. Check out the case of the murder of Robert Wone - it took LE over 2 years to bring charges, and even then all 3 men - all of whom lawyered up well - were acquitted even though one of them almost certainly killed Mr. Wone...

Last edited:
I don't believe there was any hookup here. We can all be seen on camera briefly stopping and using our phones. How many assignations are you arranging when you do this?

In addition, the timeline argues against the hookup theory.

Last seen pumping gas at about 6 a.m. Work meeting scheduled for 7 a.m.

AW would have just had time to get home, shower, and dress for the meeting.
I agree completely with your logic. Further, there has been nothing communicated to the public that AW had an open marriage, or had a history of brief encounters.

While nothing is impossible, it seems respectful not to focus on that speculation (as you point out) unless there is some evidence this is a possibility. AW has a spouse, (RJ), and such speculation would be upsetting in an already agonizing situation.

Thank you for being victim friendly JosieMae.

What sort of thing might family have said to prompt detectives to make the upgrade? Mental health concerns? Relationship issues?
Snipped for focused reply.
In Texas, "endangered" is defined as ...."a person of any age who is missing under circumstances indicating that his/her physical safety may be in danger."
https://www.dps.texas.gov/internetforms/Forms/MP-13.pdf

As such, my speculation is that the family sufficiently convinced LE that given AW's profile/track record, it was highly unlikely that he vanished on his own accord.

I agree completely with your logic. Further, there has been nothing communicated to the public that AW had an open marriage, or had a history of brief encounters.

While nothing is impossible, it seems respectful not to focus on that speculation (as you point out) unless there is some evidence this is a possibility. AW has a spouse, (RJ), and such speculation would be upsetting in an already agonizing situation.

Thank you for being victim friendly JosieMae.

I'd much doubt that, if an open marriage or history of brief encounters were the case, LE would publicly raise the subject.

I'd much doubt that, if an open marriage or history of brief encounters were the case, LE would publicly raise the subject.
I agree with that. However, they might have positioned it in a delicate manner, if it was a known possibility. However, regardless of what we the public know or don't know, AW's family would know by now who he was texting. *If* he was texting someone. He could have been fiddling with a gas payment app, or who knows what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member