Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tamsidea, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

I'm not thinking this was a planned meeting given the time constraints that morning. Unless it was a quick stop on his way home. And he was last seen close to home. I really feel like this is where he was headed.

2. MoeInVA

MoeInVA Well-Known Member

I agree.

I think that the most common scenario for a man’s body turning up in the woods in walking distance from his abandoned car is self-harm.

Of course all possibilities must be investigated and for all we know there may be lots of evidence pointing to foul play (from the vehicle, from the phone and apps, from footage of who drove the vehicle to Kitty Street and when, and now his body etc.).

3. Orgona

Orgona Well-Known Member

I have the same thoughts.
    Either he was going to meet someone and wasn’t sure where the meeting will take place or if it was self harm he was pondering to do it or not and where.

I’m not really hung up on the meeting thing, it might have been postponed or cancelled altogether for some reason after he left the fitness or while he was there. We don’t know. LE might, if they already have his phone records and the records of his online activities.

If AW was secretly meeting someone there, not parking near the woods could be intentional to distance himself from the scene. Ditto if he committed suicide to disconnect the car from the place. I have no idea if those are woods where you can go just to take a walk in? If someone lured him over there, there must be a digital trail of it. I hope so anyway.

If someone only wanted to dispose his body there, it could have helped that there are some parking places close to the edge of the woods so one can drive there with a body.

At last, at risk of sounding like a broken record, people do kill themselves while just having made a reservation to eat out with friends in a few days, or right after grocery shopping or after having made an appointment to go to the hairdresser or wherever. In that case the upcoming meeting wouldn’t matter to him anymore.

All IMO

4. happyday

happyday Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I agree, and the first thing that came to my mind with his body being found close to the car is self harm.

I think this is the only reason he would have voluntarily driven there. If he were truly planning to get back for a 7am meeting and before his husband got worried, he would never have driven all the way to South Dallas to meet someone at that time of day. There’s a very good chance he wouldn’t have made it home in time. And he wouldn’t have driven north almost to his home to turn around and drive back south.

But he also could have been taken from North Dallas to South Dallas and disposed of in the woods. I just don’t think him driving there for any other reason but self harm makes sense.

5. JosieMae

JosieMae Well-Known Member

Eagerly awaiting the Cause of Death. Hope it can be determined after so much time.

6. Orgona

Orgona Well-Known Member

Indeed 7 months out in the open is a very long time. Fingers crossed.

7. bykerladi

bykerladi Well-Known Member

Don't the police usually say "no foul play suspected" when its a clear suicide?

8. Curious_in_NC

Curious_in_NC Well-Known Member

ITA, that theory makes a lot of sense until we know more about COD that might contradict it. RIP Alan.

9. rainynights

rainynights Well-Known Member

10. Orgona

Orgona Well-Known Member

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

Even if you found someone:
    -shot in the head with a gun nearby
    -hanging from a tree, or after 7 months on the ground with a noose (around the neck or on a tree branch above)
    - with a pill bottle and drinking bottle near the body
    the medical examiner needs to examine the remains and LE needs to process the scene to be able to say there was no violence and nobody else involved.

11. legalmomma

legalmomma Well-Known Member

I for one do not believe this was self harm. His niece was there at the house and they had plans to shop for wedding gowns. He had a day itinerary, and yes many suicides happen with plans for a regular day. I just do not see this as one of them.

12. ChatteringBirds

ChatteringBirds Well-Known Member

I just don't see self-harm as likely.
    It could be the car was spotless because he was forced to leave or tricked into leaving the car and nothing took place in the car.
    IMO.

13. Orgona

Orgona Well-Known Member

If criminals kill someone in the car in the course of a robbery or car jacking no way would that car be nearly spotless.

IMHO

14. Orgona

Orgona Well-Known Member

So he went in de woods after? They trick him leaving the car and they don’t leave with the car? That doesn’t make much sense to me. Then again, I’m not a criminal so not much makes sense to me about any crime.

15. tesni

tesni Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness, such a shock to log in and find this news. RIP Alan and condolences to all who loved him.

16. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Maybe he was buried and not out in the open initially? Flooding (weather) or animals could have exposed his remains to the surveyor who came across them :(

17. Orgona

Orgona Well-Known Member

That too is a possibility.

18. itsrak

itsrak Well-Known Member

Well, yeah. Sending a text is exactly why I'd guess he was lingering

19. rkendmar

rkendmar Well-Known Member

Was his phone found with the remains?
    I don't recall it being found in the car, but I could be wrong.

20. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

That hasn't been stated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.