Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tamsidea, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clearskies1

clearskies1 Well-Known Member

So strange. It was daylight when he went missing. Did he wind up in the wooded area during daylight? Someone would have/could have seen something during day time.

2. minneolo

minneolo Well-Known Member

I agree with you that LE does not release official COD until the ME has made their determination. However, lots of cases which are eventually understood to be self-harm include a LE statement to the tune of “no foul play suspected” or “we don’t believe there is any public danger at this time”.

I imagine that, in Alan’s case - it is not “obvious” to LE that this is a case of self-harm. Perhaps that is because of the condition of his remains do not show signs of anything, perhaps this is because there is other evidence of foul play, perhaps something else.

My own theory is not self-harm, in this case

3. JosieMae

JosieMae Well-Known Member

Forced from the car at gunpoint is my guess. Nothing but a guess. This just feels like it will pan out to be an execution-style murder. Hunches + MOO.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  4. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

If he committed suicide, why would he leave the car a distance away and walk through unsafe neighborhood? Why would he care if he was found quickly? It would have been too late. In that location, he would have been found eventually.

In another scenario that he went to meet someone in the woods or nearby, I still don't see why his car wasn't supposed to be there. That wasn't his neighborhood and it's not likely that someone that knew him would notice his car. They would sooner notice him walking.

My speculation. Possible causes from least to most likely:

medical event
    suicide
    premeditated murder
    random carjacking & murder

RaechelK, Orgona, CatsMeoww and 13 others like this.
  5. Shamrock1

Shamrock1 Well-Known Member

Yes, totally agree with you.

6. MajorHoople

MajorHoople Well-Known Member

My apologies if this one has already been posted.

Body of KPMG executive, 55, is found in wooded area seven months after he went missing | Daily Mail Online

"His body was found on Thursday less than a mile from where his car had been located in late October.

Dallas police said that a survey crew working for Paul Quinn College found human remains in a wooded area to the northwest of the southeast Oak Cliff campus about 12:30pm on Thursday.

The Dallas County Medical Examiner confirmed the identity on Friday. The cause of death is still undetermined, and it is unclear how long White's remains had been there."

ChiCubs2016, Orgona, misgrn and 8 others like this.
  7. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

RIP Alan. I'm sorry your last moments on this earth were probably traumatic. Condolences to your family.

8. BuckeyeGal

BuckeyeGal Well-Known Member

I believe that or similiar language is used in relation to suicides, but they may not know yet.

9. genuineusa77

genuineusa77 Well-Known Member

At 6 a.m. it is dark out. I just saw news about him being found on People online.

10. annpats

annpats Well-Known Member

But digital tracks haven't helped so far.

Is that because his data is encrypted or the data just isn't useful enough?

If his digital data hasn't provided any clues yet, I can't see how it will now.

MOO.

11. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

12. annpats

annpats Well-Known Member

13. Stella

Stella Well-Known Member

Just saw the news, how terrible. Considering where he was found, a part of town with a very high crime rate, I imagine this was a case of "no good deed goes unpunished". He probably was just being a nice guy and offered his killer a ride. Condolences to his family and husband.

14. Mr. Teddy

Mr. Teddy Well-Known Member

Maybe the car has some clues now knowing where the body was found. Does the mud on the tires match dirt near the area of the body? Assuming windows and sunroof are closed yet seats were wet then car wasn’t abandoned the morning he disappeared because it didn’t rain.

15. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

On the plus side, very glad to learn about Paul Quinn College!

RIP, Mr. White, peace and comfort to your loved ones.

16. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

Oh Man !!! Just popped in here real quick to see if any updates and saw the "Found Deceased" next to his name on the heading.
    UGH !!!

I think we all knew it already, but still....it hits you in the gut when you see the title changed to that.

Off to catch up to see where he was found and any info about it.

I am so sorry for his family, husband and friends.

17. IHAVENOCLUE

IHAVENOCLUE Well-Known Member

This is just a thought...

From viewing the map so generously provided by Itsrak (above post up this page) ...
    I see there is a chapel on the edge of the woods where Alan was found...

Could he have been in the habit of visiting the chapel in the early mornings for prayer/meditation/etc.?

18. TootsieFootsie

TootsieFootsie Well-Known Member

Here, in Australia, even quite early on, if it's a suicide, listed below are links to groups like Beyond Blue, Lifeline etc.

Sometimes I never did see anywhere where the Police actually came out and said it. Maybe it's an LE way of being a bit more sensitive to the
    family ?

19. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

BBM
    Hmmm... now I wonder if that is why he walked into the gas station for a few seconds, did NOT buy anything and then walked out.
    Maybe if someone OUTSIDE made him Uncomfortable or possibly said or yelled something to him, he went inside to wait to be sure they left.
    But he knew he couldn't "Linger" inside too long as he had his meeting he had to get home to so maybe he just decided, the heck with it, and went back out to his car so he could get home.
    And maybe someone followed him or confronted him then.

Of course, then we need to figure out how they got from point A to point B.

20. Limecat

Limecat Lime + Cat = Limecat

Omg I just saw the news and raced here. Haven’t even read the details yet. I never thought this day would come ! Reading!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.