Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
By deduction, I think these scenarios are possible:

1) He planned self harm down near the college that morning.
2) A quick drug purchase near the gas station gone wrong.
3) A quick sexual encounter near the gas station gone wrong.

Scenarios 2 and 3 he could get away with and still be back in time for his meeting. His behavior after he filled up his vehicle with gas was interesting. He opened the car door to leave, then closed it. He checked his phone and then went back in the store without buying anything.

It was reported that he walked around the store without buying anything. He then left the gas station and stopped next door at Church's Chicken. At this point there is no further video evidence of him either heading home or back to 35E.

By deduction, I think these scenarios are possible:

1) He planned self harm down near the college that morning.
2) A quick drug purchase near the gas station gone wrong.
3) A quick sexual encounter near the gas station gone wrong.

Scenarios 2 and 3 he could get away with and still be back in time for his meeting. His behavior after he filled up his vehicle with gas was interesting. He opened the car door to leave, then closed it. He checked his phone and then went back in the store without buying anything.

It was reported that he walked around the store without buying anything. He then left the gas station and stopped next door at Church's Chicken. At this point there is no further video evidence of him either heading home or back to 35E.

I lean toward one and he went far from car and into woods to shield family (more common than you might think).

I just want to throw out another scenario that I don’t think has been discussed and is unlikely but, ya know, everything on the table.

AW could have been murdered by someone he knew and kept else where for who knows how long (a day, a few days, a week, even months) and then dumped at a site that is in walking distance from where his vehicle was found (/dumped) but far enough to avoid surveillance.
Possible.

again, this is not my prevailing theory. But a calculating killer could have done this... JMO

If Alan's brother is now talking about 'murder' and his body 'being dumped', I'm thinking there must be some evidence of that. None of his family has been throwing out wild accusations throughout this whole time of his disappearance, I wouldn't expect them to start at this point.

Moooooo

If Alan's brother is now talking about 'murder' and his body 'being dumped', I'm thinking there must be some evidence of that. None of his family has been throwing out wild accusations throughout this whole time of his disappearance, I wouldn't expect them to start at this point.

From the very first day, Alan’s family has been adamant that this was a crime, not a voluntary disappearance. The crime they spoke of was “somebody having him” and Tim said, “somebody knows something.” Now that they know he has died, that suspected kidnapping has turned into a murder in their minds. I don’t think the latest statement from Tim indicates he knows anything about the cause of death. It’s just his natural conclusion given his precious statements.

This doesn’t mean he’s not right. Just that I don’t believe he has additional information about cause of death quite yet.

Moooooo

I agree. I think we can rule out suicide based on his brothers statement......Now the question is WHO? And WHY?
I once heard law enforcement say the 3 motives for murder are Money, Love, and revenge.

My opinion only.

If Alan's brother is now talking about 'murder' and his body 'being dumped', I'm thinking there must be some evidence of that. None of his family has been throwing out wild accusations throughout this whole time of his disappearance, I wouldn't expect them to start at this point
Alan White's brother Tim White, who has obviously been in touch with LE since his brother's remain were found, has said the following: “I want to know not only who did this but the why, why did someone put it on themselves to take him off this earth, it doesn’t make any sense," said Tim White. "I do believe someone is obviously responsible for our brother’s final demise." "Alan was very loving, very giving. He would do anything for anybody and that’s what makes it kind of hard for me to fathom why someone took his life."

Last edited:
Alan White's brother Tim White, who has obviously been in touch with LE since his brother's remain were found, has said the following: “I want to know not only who did this but the why, why did someone put it on themselves to take him off this earth, it doesn’t make any sense," said Tim White. "I do believe someone is obviously responsible for our brother’s final demise." "Alan was very loving, very giving. He would do anything for anybody and that’s what makes it kind of hard for me to fathom why someone took his life."

Yes, and he also said: “My brother was a good man, with no known enemies; this is why this is so baffling to us,” Alan’s brother told Dateline on Sunday. “But alas, someone decided to take Alan off the Earth, and we ask for anyone that knows anything about the murder and dumping of his body to contact DPD.”

Human remains discovered near college campus in Dallas identified as missing businessman Alan White

JMO, but it seems to me that when his remains were found, suicide did not appear to be the case or we'd be hearing something different from his brother now.

Yes, and he also said: “My brother was a good man, with no known enemies; this is why this is so baffling to us,” Alan’s brother told Dateline on Sunday. “But alas, someone decided to take Alan off the Earth, and we ask for anyone that knows anything about the murder and dumping of his body to contact DPD.”

Human remains discovered near college campus in Dallas identified as missing businessman Alan White

JMO, but it seems to me that when his remains were found, suicide did not appear to be the case or we'd be hearing something different from his brother now.
Yeah. And since he refs 'dumping' of the body, seems likely the killer stopped - whether in the Macan or another vehicle - at the secluded terminus of Bishop College Drive and dragged body into woods. That would mean there was no meeting at the nearby College Park, and that Mr. White was likely killed elsewhere. Was the Macan wet because there'd been an effort to clean it?

If Mr. White was killed, was he killed by someone who knew him or by a stranger? And why? Love/Hate? Money?

Last edited:

Moooooo
Agree.
My question is was he followed from the gym, or was this a result of his stop at the gas station?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Not picking on anyone in particular but it has been mentioned throughout this 7 month ordeal, that he could have been meeting someone for a “hookup”. This bothers me that people jump to this conclusion, I guess they do because he’s gay? He and his partner have been together for like 18 years or something like that and many many gay couples are in loving monogamous relationships. Maybe I’m naive but I don’t think “hooking up” played a role here nor do I think this was self harm. JMO MOO

ETA: corrected spelling
I brought this up when Alan first when missing, but myself (and others) were worried about the 'hook up'/romantic interest possibility more-so than if Alan had been a straight guy, not because we thought he would be more likely to do this, but presumably because he'd be meeting with a man, and let's be honest... men can be dangerous. I don't know the actual stat breakdown, but while domestic abuse can happen to anyone, I feel it's much more likely for a man to actually kill his female SO. Similarily, when a (straight) women disappears under circumstances like these, I'd also worry about domestic violence at the hands of a known or unknown partner. Anecdotally, the only times I've seen a straight man killed in a "hook up" situation is when they were catfished and actually lured to a house by another man.

Very sad. What I can’t understand is why there was never a big public search effort from friends or family (at least none that I could fine). 7 months of mostly silence. Maybe public outreach isn’t their style, but worth noting. Also, why no info from police about phone records? I thought they were looking into that initially, then nothing.

Yeah. And since he refs 'dumping' of the body, seems likely the killer stopped - whether in the Macan or another vehicle - at the secluded terminus of Bishop College Drive and dragged body into woods. That would mean there was no meeting at the nearby College Park, and that Mr. White was likely killed elsewhere. Was the Macan wet because there'd been an effort to clean it?

If Mr. White was killed, was he killed by someone who knew him or by a stranger? And why? Love/Hate? Money?

It does seem like he was killed elsewhere, and probably the seats were wet in a clean up attempt before discarding the car.

At that hour of the morning, and being in a busy area with morning rush hour underway, it's hard to envision a set-or or a car jacking, but something terrible clearly happened between the gas station and the pharmacy where he wasn't (and should have) been seen on the camera - if he was heading straight home, which I do believe he was.

Yes, I've read thelastunicorn post (copied below).

The robbery happened at an Exxon 7-11. There are numerous other closer gas stations not on Lemmon and away from the 7-11. Note the poster admitting, "We don’t know why he took that route home."

Him picking this particular RaceTrac doesn't align with the reasons for why he would pick it. JMHO.

thelastunicorn said:
Hi everyone, I want you all to know that Alan is the most kind and caring person and there’s no way he would ever willingly just up and disappear. As soon as Rusty told me Alan didn’t come home I started to panic. Rusty thought maybe he got into a car accident and I remember thinking oh no I hope that’s not the case. But as the hours passed I actually started to hope that was the case. Rusty had already tried texting and calling his phone and driving by the gym and calling the hospitals and there was just no sign of him. He wasn’t planning on stopping anywhere else. I saw some suggest picking up pastries or something for us but he had already asked us earlier in the week what we’d like for breakfast when he went shopping for the week.

Rusty knew Alan was going to stop for gas either before or after the gym. We don’t know why he took that route home but we think it may be because the gas station he would’ve gone to was robbed earlier that morning and he wanted to avoid that road in case the police had it closed off.

Masked Robbers Shoot 7-Eleven Clerk Twice At Oak Lawn Store, Then Take Off

We haven’t been able to get the phone records. All we know is his last data usage was at like 6:01 am and last text he received was around 6:30 am. He would’ve charged his phone overnight so we think the SIM card was taken out.

I have seen a satellite view of where the car was found but I don’t remember the exact location. It was in a secluded area and looked like someone was trying to hide it. The seats were also wet and there was mud on the tires. It had rained really hard the day after he went missing.

We also know for a fact he didn’t make it home. There are cameras on the front and back of the house and his car never shows up.

Other details I can’t give out right now.
It’s still a mystery as to why he went to that particular RT in the first place. I think there is a chance that the reason he chose that particular station on that particular morning was because he’d learned that there’d been an early morning robbery at a 7-11 up on Lemmon (a station where he often purchased his gas, on his usual route to the gym) - with perps reportedly on foot and still in the area.

Also the RT station at Inwood and Maple reportedly accepts Apple Pay, so if he had been short on cash or cards, he could have simply paid with his phone at the pump or inside, then gone straight north on Inwood toward his house.

He may have even gotten into the habit of always leaving his credit cards at home when he was just going to work out. He could always just use the Apple Pay app on his phone if he ever needed to buy gas. I believe the 7-11’s on Lemmon both accept Apple Pay

all jmo

he was found in a bad area. I can say that about this case. It is of the same speed as the area where the car was found. Was this some type of carjacking gone wrong? The killers didn't have the connections to get rid of the car? That was just my thought...

qNymxHL.png

Not picking on anyone in particular but it has been mentioned throughout this 7 month ordeal, that he could have been meeting someone for a “hookup”. This bothers me that people jump to this conclusion, I guess they do because he’s gay? He and his partner have been together for like 18 years or something like that and many many gay couples are in loving monogamous relationships. Maybe I’m naive but I don’t think “hooking up” played a role here nor do I think this was self harm. JMO MOO

ETA: corrected spelling
Meeting up with someone is not necessarily a hook up. There are other options.
But even when it is hook up, it has nothing to do with being gay. People stepping out on their significant other has nothing to do with which gender they prefer to sleep with. Unfortunately, that kind of behavior exists even in long relationships and marriages which seems happy and perfect from the outside.

As @bombardier mentioned above, meeting up with a man is riskier no matter if you are female or a male. And this is not only valid if we talk about hook up. It’s the same if you just plan to buy something from an unknown person.
Who can say he wasn’t setting up a quick meeting to buy something like some collectible item from an ad for himself or for Rusty as a surprise for example? Another early riser wouldn’t mind meeting someone early.

I’m not really into the idea that criminals who rob others or are into carjacking are early risers, but on the other hand he might not went to his usual RT because a robbery happened there. Although, that too could have happened the night before?

Eagerly waiting for the ruling of the ME.
As of now, I don’t think the brother has more info, I think he is just theorizing as we do.

Unfortunately, to me the most likely option is still self harm, because of the lingering around, the nearly spotless car with the key inside abandoned close to where he was found, but not at the closest parking lot to avoid an immediate detection. Also because after LE met the family he was labeled critically missing and because of the family staying silent.

I do ponder other scenarios too, though.

All IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member