Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tamsidea, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orgona

Orgona Well-Known Member

Why I think he must have had a bank card is because he stopped for gas. On the other hand some people like to pay Cash, so there is that. But wasn’t how the family knew he got gas there because of the payment record of it? I could be mistaken, though. Maybe they have traced him there with video footage. I can’t remember right now.

2. Strawberryjellyfishb

Strawberryjellyfishb Active Member

3,) AW met someone and got into the other person’s car to do and/or speak about whatever and in the course of it something went horribly wrong wherever they were at that time.
    [/QUOTE]
    Snipped for focus.
    Could it be possible that if he was meeting with someone his husband was aware of this and that is why ge became worried so quickly? Maybe that knowledge just hasn't been released to the public?

3. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

I suppose it's possible but it does seem like a rather odd detail to leave out.

jmo

4. MoeInVA

MoeInVA Well-Known Member

So much about this case is so strange. I agree I think he must have had a credit card or bank card on him. But as I recall it took a while before the gas station detail and footage came out. It was all “Dallas executive gone missing after last seen at the gym” for a while.

I feel like credit card charges post to my account pretty quickly and would lead much more quickly to the point of sale than we saw here (but honestly I don’t check my accounts much so maybe others can weigh in on how quickly charges post - especially gas from RaceTrac).

So did it take awhile to release gas station info because... :
    - they were holding back for investigative reasons such as hoping witnesses would volunteer seeing him at gas station etc. or had reason to believe he was kidnapped?
    - AW had his accounts on lockdown for some reason, even from his spouse (which could raise questions about financial relations, possible motive)?
    - AW used company card/ business account inaccessible by spouse?
    - AW used cash or a gift card so there was no digital trail?

I think it is possible that Alan was forced to take out money at gun point or the like and we just don’t know about it. So much about the case is strange I rule nothing out.

I will say I also found it very strange that they didn’t release or figure out he was wearing bright red/pink sneakers until the gas station video came out. Bright red shirt too, but I mean the confusion there seems more understandable to me than running shoes. It seems like a quick assessment of the closet would glean that the bright red sneakers were missing. I mean how many pairs of gym shoes did AW have in the rotation? I haven’t looked at the home set up well enough to know if a home surveillance camera would have caught Alan leaving in the AM. Mine would, but night vision would probably still be on before 5 am rendering colors difficult to discern.

Just throwing thoughts out there ... I still think stranger crime of opportunity is most likely.

5. gliving

gliving Woof

6. MoeInVA

MoeInVA Well-Known Member

Right. Thanks for adding that. Again like credit or bank card I think that probably posts the charge to the account quickly but correct me if I’m wrong.

7. gliving

gliving Woof

I'm not sure as I don't use Apple Cash. I think it would depend on who had access to his ICloud account. Also need to know if that gas station accepted Apple Pay.

Manage your Apple Cash account

8. wary

wary Well-Known Member

Do we have any particular reason to believe that there was no evidence of trouble in the car? LE are notorious for keeping evidence to themselves, unless they feel that there’s a reason to release the evidence.

9. Orgona

Orgona Well-Known Member

That could very well be why Alan was seen looking at his phone at the gas station. If that gas station accept Apple Pay, that is.

roche.analisa, kelsie, LadyL and 3 others like this.
  10. Valiant

Valiant Well-Known Member

If one searches the recorded deed and other documents filed with a property sale, one can see how the sale of the property may have been completed based on the sale of another property. I don't feel comfortable disclosing the details here, but they can be found online.

My personal thought: They may have been a long term couple (before Alan and Rusty's marriage could be legally recognized in their state) and may have certain document prepared back then to protect each others' interests.

roche.analisa, misgrn, 303gmf and 4 others like this.
  11. SimplyCass

SimplyCass Well-Known Member

This was extensively talked about on WS when the car was discovered. I don't believe there was really a consensus. People were asking/speculating if the windows were opened or what the weather had been like. I think the car did show signs of being washed inside but it wasn't clear if it was done intentionally by an unknown person or by the weather.

LE has been fairly tight-lipped about this case, people were also asking why there haven't been vigils or search parties or the like.

12. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

BBM. In my opinion, it is a stretch to think that a car thief would murder a man, ditch the car he stole, and then dispose of said man's body in such a way that it has not been found for 4 months.

I suppose it could be an organized gang of ruthless car thieves, but wouldn't we have heard of this happening to other people in the immediate area, before or after?

13. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

Someone upthread suggested this was a bunch of inept hoodlums. Things escalated and they dumped the car after Alan was killed in a struggle.

sounds plausible.

amateur opinion and speculation

14. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

And very difficult to find a body thrown somewhere random.

The only weird thing is how does that happen when you're in a locked and moving car- not being a car-jacker, it just seems like I am safe unless I open the door for someone.

15. Orgona

Orgona Well-Known Member

Exactly. Since like 1999 I have never saw a high-end newer car anymore which wasn’t automatically locking all doors above rolling speed. OK, maybe even longer. My car locks all doors at 30 kph which would be something like 18,6 mph. Of course one can disable it but why would anyone, especially in a big city? IMO the dealership wouldn’t as they would want their loaner back.

16. gliving

gliving Woof

What if he had his windows down?

17. rosesfromangels

You're right - we're guessing and it's really hard to say. Upthread we speculated he was flagged down on a ruse of some sort. Who knows. We don't have any idea what (if any) additional cam footage LE has. Maybe much more has been revealed to them that we are unaware of. Which, I tend to speculate is likely so.

What a sad case, and such pain for RJ and all Alan's loved ones.

Amateur opinion and speculation

18. GooseyPie

GooseyPie Well-Known Member

I believe it was a crime of passion!

19. rosesfromangels

What evidence leads you to speculate this?

amateur opinion and speculation

20. Bridger

Bridger Well-Known Member

But it’s not. It’s very difficult to find a body that’s been buried, but really not difficult at all to find a body “thrown somewhere random.” These bodies turn up. All the time. Pretty sure this fact means we can rule out hit men/women, random street crime/gangs/punks and garden variety carjackers. Only a handful of people (or two or three handfuls) in the US are killed every year in carjackings and the number whose bodies aren’t found is, well, pretty much zero.

medea13, swedeheart, misgrn and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.