TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

>>When asked if something from the autopsy might verify whether information someone calls in is valid, Thomas suggested that question might have come from having watched too much TV<<

This is a pretty perfect representation of DPD attitude toward the public. If LE feels that the public doesn't have an idea of what's important to an investigation, perhaps giving the reporter a quote about why that's a common misconception would be a better strategy than scorning the reporter.
Yikes, that’s an awful response from Thomas! The DPD should be aware that their “liaison” might need some help in the outreach/personal skills department.

Wonder what would be the best way to get some interest stirred up in the, what seems to be, a case gone cold? Since I am in Germany now they might not take me quite as seriously as someone more local (I did grow up in Dallas and lived there a long time).

Megan Thomas (the LGBT Dallas PD liaison interviewed prior about Alan) has her email publicly available online; megan.thomas@dallascityhall.com. I am going to send a casual e-mail inquiring about the Alan White case and if any progress has been made. I encourage the other contributors on this thread to do the same to show our continued interest in the case. I am also going to email the writer of the DallasVoice article (taffet@dallasvoice.com) to again show I'm still emotionally invested in Alan and his outcome, and perhaps suggest they themselves ask Dallas PD about the case again.

Last edited:
Megan Thomas (the LGBT Dallas PD liaison interviewed prior about Alan) has her email publicly available online; megan.thomas@dallascityhall.com. I am going to send a casual e-mail inquiring about the Alan White case and if any progress has been made. I encourage the other contributors on this thread to do the same to show our continued interest in the case. I am also going to email the writer of the DallasVoice article (taffet@dallasvoice.com) to again show I'm still emotionally invested in Alan and his outcome...
Sounds like a great idea! Count me in to send email 's too.

My post concerning the ME's response is probably the same as your last response concerning the FOIA request. I didn't notice the dates and the closeness of the timing of your comment and the date on my latest from the ME's office.

Megan Thomas (the LGBT Dallas PD liaison interviewed prior about Alan) has her email publicly available online; megan.thomas@dallascityhall.com. I am going to send a casual e-mail inquiring about the Alan White case and if any progress has been made. I encourage the other contributors on this thread to do the same to show our continued interest in the case. I am also going to email the writer of the DallasVoice article (taffet@dallasvoice.com) to again show I'm still emotionally invested in Alan and his outcome, and perhaps suggest they themselves ask Dallas PD about the case again.
I attempted to contact David Taffet at the Voice but got no response. I have contacted him previously and he promptly emailed back and did run stories about the case. But, that was a year or so back. So, I am guessing that the interest is just not there anymore. Maybe it would help if others attempted contact?

I attempted to contact David Taffet at the Voice but got no response. I have contacted him previously and he promptly emailed back and did run stories about the case. But, that was a year or so back. So, I am guessing that the interest is just not there anymore. Maybe it would help if others attempted contact?
I sent an email to David and will let you know if I hear back. thanks for the suggestion.

These are my opinions: from Alan's actions in the morning (and his husband's actions upon learning Alan did not return home as planned) it seems to me that Alan was trying to meet up with someone -- for something that would be embarrassing for Alan and his family or would tarnish his legacy, which on the surface is a successful businessman. Given my feelings on this, I'm not surprised that more info isn't being released. There's nothing to be gained by having the general public discuss what Alan may have been doing that morning if LE already knows. And if LE knows that Alan was meeting up with someone that morning - and it ultimately brought his demise - then they can keep that information private as the general public is not at risk.

If LE believed that someone randomly jumped in Alan's car and murdered him then I think we would hear a lot more.

All my opinions.

if LE knows that Alan was meeting up with someone that morning - and it ultimately brought his demise - then they can keep that information private as the general public is not at risk
Quote RSBM.
I fully agree they could keep that information private for investigative or even privacy purposes. However I feel there is still risk to the next innocent person who meets with the suspect and hope LE was and is concerned about the possibility.
JMO.

These are my opinions: from Alan's actions in the morning (and his husband's actions upon learning Alan did not return home as planned) it seems to me that Alan was trying to meet up with someone -- for something that would be embarrassing for Alan and his family or would tarnish his legacy, which on the surface is a successful businessman. Given my feelings on this, I'm not surprised that more info isn't being released. There's nothing to be gained by having the general public discuss what Alan may have been doing that morning if LE already knows. And if LE knows that Alan was meeting up with someone that morning - and it ultimately brought his demise - then they can keep that information private as the general public is not at risk.

If LE believed that someone randomly jumped in Alan's car and murdered him then I think we would hear a lot more.

All my opinions.

Quote RSBM.
I fully agree they could keep that information private for investigative or even privacy purposes. However I feel there is still risk to the next innocent person who meets with the suspect and hope LE was and is concerned about the possibility.
JMO.
Agee with the bolded above. Since Alan ended up dead with his body dumped, I feel very strongly his death is the result of illegal activity on the part of someone, probably whoever dumped his body and abandoned the rental car. I can’t imagine any illegal activity that would not be fully investigated with the goal of the perpetrator being brought to justice. Even if it was embarrassing to the family, I honestly can’t imagine a scenario where LE would effectively decide to not pursue justice? What am I missing?

All my opinions.
Yeah, but if it was a meet-up gone bad, it almost certainly involved an app and would have left a digital trail. Your average Joe isn't nearly clever and careful and digitally sophisticated enough to not leave a digital trail. And more than enough time has passed for LE to have investigated any digital trail. Yet, no word.

Meet-up gone bad? See above.
Suicide? Prob not, with young relative he cared about visiting, and body seemingly dumped.
Love triangle? Shouldn't have taken this long to ferret out, with digital communication trails these days.
Money/assets/greed? Was a hit put on for Mr. White, involving a set-up? Seems unlikely.
Random car-jacking? To me, the dumping of the vehicle argues against. As does the lingering inside the gas-station C-store and in the lot next to the gas station, which would seem to suggest that, just moments before things went off the rails for Mr. White, something, some mysterious something, was up ....

Last edited:
Sometimes the happiest events can trigger suicides. The contemplation we saw that day may be a part of this. We don’t know, the location where the body was found may have meant something to AW. I don’t think suicide can be ruled out. Nor have we seen any real evidence that it was.

I still think this was a gang crime against a wealthy citizen. I think he was unfortunately carjacked. Maybe they tried to get his ATM card and pin before they killed him. The car was dumped far away, in an area a white, wealthy, middle aged man wouldn't go for a date at any time of day. The houses there don't have ring cameras like the suburbs do. It was backed in (only a back license plate, faced to the bushes) with the keys in it, like the person who came back for it may not be the person who left it. Like people who share stolen cars.

I believe Rusty. I believe Alan's mother. He was a good person who was murdered by a . Dallas is happy to let this one disappear because it makes Dallas look terrible when citizens are kidnapped off the street and killed in woods.

Sometimes the happiest events can trigger suicides. The contemplation we saw that day may be a part of this. We don’t know, the location where the body was found may have meant something to AW. I don’t think suicide can be ruled out. Nor have we seen any real evidence that it was.
Hm, I do not think so. From a psychological profile standpoint, Alan wouldn't make it a "messy" suicide that would make his loved ones believe him to be murdered, IMHO. Everything we know about him points to him being a careful, considerate, tidy type of man. Also, a homicide detective is on the case.

Hm, I do not think so. From a psychological profile standpoint, Alan wouldn't make it a "messy" suicide that would make his loved ones believe him to be murdered, IMHO. Everything we know about him points to him being a careful, considerate, tidy type of man. Also, a homicide detective is on the case.
But, there must be some reason that there have been absolutely no updates in a long, long time. Has the case gone "cold" perhaps? Or, maybe there is another reason but it does seem to have been sort of forgotten about.

But yet most of those around him that were initially vocal went silent. So we don't know for sure that al the loved ones believe it was a murder any more.
And if someone is in a state where they feel their presence is a problem for themselves or others, the details of how it happens aren't always a big concern - trust me I know that from family experience. And someone who is so regimented can feel they aren't living up to expectations and see no other way out.

In the end, we really don't know much about AW. And quite honestly there are a lot of incorrect assumptions about people who do commit suicide, sadly.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back