TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

Thank you for your response. I have been following since the Dallas news stations first reported the story. Which I must say, was ever so strange that there was never any public search groups or the typical turnout for a missing person IMHO. I recall the niece and her posts here in the beginning. I don't believe her fiancee accompanied her to Dallas though.
"Tim added that their niece and her fiancé were visiting Dallas from out of town that weekend ... "

Source: Search for missing Dallas businessman upgraded to ‘Endangered Missing Person’

Rusty Jenkins is White’s partner of 18 years.

“When he wasn’t home at 6:15, I thought it was odd. When he wasn’t home at 6:30, I knew something was wrong. When he wasn’t home by 6:45, I was panicking,” Jenkins said.

“I got in the car at 7, drove the route back and forth trying to find him. Trying to find evidence of a wreck somewhere. I was calling the hospitals trying to find out if there was an unidentified John Doe in any of the hospitals, because I didn’t know if he had his ID with him or not," he continued.

I haven't ever seen a specific time listed, when Rusty was out looking for Alan?
Obviously Mr. White was very organized and punctual. My opinion is, 69% homicide/29% suicide/2% something else (heart attack or pulmonary embolism while being in the presence of some people; the rest was someone’s cowardice). Organized perfectionists operate under a lot of pressure and it might have a toll. Being very athletic may not necessarily prevent sudden death; one has to look at family history to see patterns, if any.

In short, for a very organized person, to break the AM pattern and go to unusual place for gas would be uncommon. I would subscribe to the idea that he was going to meet with someone (could be for a mundane reason).

Last edited:
I have followed this case since the beginning. I have always thought Alan met with someone before his disappearance, and that person murdered him. The video of him at the gas station seems to me as if he is passing time waiting or looking for someone. I think now, it could have been Alan deciding if he was going to 'do something' or not. Whether it was meet with someone, or self harm. He could have been meeting someone to purchase or use illegal drugs (although this seems out of character given what we know about him), accidentally overdosed in the woods, and that person left him out of fear. It has also always surprised me that with all of the traffic cameras and store cameras there was not more video released of his car and how it made its way to the side of town where they found him.

He could have been meeting someone to purchase or use illegal drugs (although this seems out of character given what we know about him), accidentally overdosed in the woods, and that person left him out of fear. It has also always surprised me that with all of the traffic cameras and store cameras there was not more video released of his car and how it made its way to the side of town where they found him.

Respectfully snipped for brevity.
Thank you for finally saying what I was thinking of, as a possibility.

I don’t feel his family or known friends are in any way involved. MOO. I don’t think Allan was a habitual user. But something stimulating before a challenging Zoom meeting is not impossible for a person of means. And then we get into the area of “nr 1 reason for heart attacks for men in their 40-es”. And he was 55, and after cardio training. I wonder if it was this unexpected accident, and the supplier was just scared. Left him alone, drove the car to the alley, left everything in the car save the SIM card. This behavior makes sense, then, not taking anything, although not trying to get help is unpardonable.

Surely LE keeps in touch with and updates the family, right? Wish a reporter would ask for a update!!
I contacted Tammye Nash at the Dallas Voice yesterday and mentioned that it has been nearly two years now and maybe she could look into it. She said that she would and that there were several other unsolved murders in the Dallas area that needed to be looked into, too. If I read her email correctly.

I contacted Tammye Nash at the Dallas Voice yesterday and mentioned that it has been nearly two years now and maybe she could look into it. She said that she would and that there were several other unsolved murders in the Dallas area that needed to be looked into, too. If I read her email correctly.

Thank you for advocating for Alan and his family Berlin Dave! I’m sure they need all the help they can get.

Does anyone know if there have been any other attacks with a similar profile since Alan’s murder? I still think it is entirely possible he was followed from the gym.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Thanks BD!! Looking forward to hearing from the Dallas Voice.

Thank you for advocating for Alan and his family Berlin Dave! I’m sure they need all the help they can get.

Does anyone know if there have been any other attacks with a similar profile since Alan’s murder? I still think it is entirely possible he was followed from the gym.

Nothing has been reported locally of any similar murder cases. I kind of obsess over missing persons cases in the area and haven't seen any that strike me as being similar either.
It's just so heartbreaking to think of so many families like Alan's with so many questions and no answers.

Nothing has been reported locally of any similar murder cases. I kind of obsess over missing persons cases in the area and haven't seen any that strike me as being similar either.
It's just so heartbreaking to think of so many families like Alan's with so many questions and no answers.
Thank you for your reply and insight. What you report further reinforces my amateur speculation that this was targeted specific to Alan, although anything is possible.

I've always thought this was a case of self harm. I know LE has hinted that they are still looking into it, however. I hope if the family is still seeking answers/closure...it comes soon.
While anything is possible, and often there are no indications of distress, I do not subscribe to this speculation. It would be highly unusual (although not impossible), to see someone workout, start heading for home, have wedding planning arrangements and extensive to-do lists associated with that, to off themselves in this manner.

Again, not impossible, but highly highly unlikely imo. I believe Alan was targeted, and it started at the gym. Gyms can often attract mega-macho types who might have found Alan objectionable for one reason or another. Alternatively, he could have been attacked by someone who saw him when he stopped for gas. Sadly, the sparkling gem that Dallas once was has become riddled with crime.

As usual, this is just my amateur opinion and speculation. Your theory is as good as mine.

Apx Timeline of Events Reported:

Oct 22, 2020
4:45 am
- White and his husband, RJ, both left their home at around 4:45 a.m. Thursday, driving separate cars and going to separate gyms.
UPDATE: Alan White's car has been found; he remains missing - Dallas Voice

5:38 am - A video camera captured Alan White leaving an LA Fitness on Haskell in Dallas
'He just vanished into thin air': Family, friends desperate to find missing Dallas man | wfaa.com

Apx 6:00 am - Surveillance video released by the family on Thursday comes from the morning of Oct. 22 at around 6 a.m. at a RaceTrac at 2506 Inwood Road.
Family Releases New Surveillance Video Of Missing Dallas Man Alan White, Reward Increased

Apx 7:00 am - RJ leaves to search for Alan: When he wasn’t here at 7, I started to go look,” Jenkins said.

Police Upgrade Search for Missing Dallas Executive to ‘Endangered Missing Person'

NOTE: Don’t know the order of family arrival and police report.

At some point that morning: Alan’s brother TW flew in from West Virginia.

'He just vanished into thin air': Family, friends desperate to find missing Dallas man | wfaa.com

Within a few hours family present:
Police Upgrade Search for Missing Dallas Executive to ‘Endangered Missing Person'

Apx 11:00 am: Jenkins filed a missing person report, #188623-2020, around 11 a.m. on Thursday with Dallas police Detective Carrington.

UPDATE: Alan White's car has been found; he remains missing - Dallas Voice

Oct 27, 2020 Media Report:
So far, there’s no sign of his credit cards being used since his disappearance and his cell phone has apparently died.
The family has hired a private investigator.

Dallas Executive Alan White Missing For Almost A Week: 'He Had No Reason To Up And Leave'

Oct 29, 2020
Vehicle Located: 5800 block of Kitty Street. Between 2 bushes with keys inside:
Trackdown: $20,000 reward offered to help find James Alan White

Vehicle located, but 55-year-old Dallas man remains missing | wfaa.com

"Only thing we know was that the car was in fine shape and it was locked.”
Family pleads with community to help find missing 55-year-old Dallas man after car is found | wfaa.com

Nov 20, 2020 - search upgraded to “Endangered Missing”
Due to recent developments in the investigation, the report has been changed from a “Want to Locate” to an “Endangered Missing” person.
Endangered Missing Person – James Alan White

Dec 4, 2020 - Release that case was moved to Special Investigations Unit
UPDATE: DPD Special Investigations takes over Alan White case - Dallas Voice

May 13, 2021 - Remains found
May 14, 2021 - Remains ID’d as James Alan White

Remains Found Near Paul Quinn College ID'd As Missing Dallas Executive James Alan White

Media and Timeline Thread: TX - Alan White, 55, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 -MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE **NO DISCUSSION**
Strangely, I guess we are now pushing two years without a clue as to what happened. Time for some action on this case? At least in my humble opinion!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back