Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The victim may have exited the vehicle while it was moving. Either pushed by the carjackers (multiple perps makes more logistical sense) or of the victim's own accord in an attempt to escape. If you are fairly certain you will become the victim of homicidal violence - it may feel like you have a better chance with a combat roll. Could get lucky if there's a big grassy median in close proximity. As sad a thought as this scenario is - I hope the investigators have done an EXTREMELY comprehensive search of the areas adjacent to 75S, 45 and 35S... maybe even 30W near the Trinity overpass. There's a lot of concrete culverts, interstate/overpass infrastructure and steep slopes along all the downtown corridors. He could actually be on top of something at an angle where he couldn't be seen from above or below from anyone traveling the speed limit.
Wouldn't that be an attempted kidnapping vs a carjacking? Carjacking means taking the car from the person as far as I know, not taking the person and the car.

Just a general question here. I noticed the new missing poster issued by the Dallas Police has a notation in the bottom left hand corner "Generated on: Monday, November 2, 2020."

For those who are used to looking at "Missing" posters have you noticed a gap like that between the date they are "generated" and the date they are released to the public?

Maybe not a big deal but just wondering about this gap of a week.

White-flyer.png

I'm surprised they didn't mention his shoes in the original missing poster. They appear pretty bright in the gas station video. Alan himself is a fairly average-looking middle-aged guy, but those shoes would really stand out. Someone might have remembered seeing them if they didn't remember seeing him specifically.

what color are they?

I can't get Alan off my mind. He seems like such a kind caring man ..... where is he?! Based on the video time stamp, he disappeared in 13 minutes? If he was supposed to be home at 6am, something happened very suddenly and quickly. I can't wrap my head around a car jacking because they didn't take the car and as someone else stated, he had no ties to this car. Let them take it. I hope he is found soon because this is keeping me up at night .... I feel so terrible for his family. I also feel that is absolutely NOT a suicide or that he left willingly. There has to be someone who saw something that morning or a camera that picked up .... anything?!

If you watch the video of Alan at the racetrack gas station you will see a person in the background. They disappear with the skip of the video. Watch about .19 seconds in and see what you think. The video has either been edited or skips weirdly. Where did this person end up?
Video: Missing Dallas man seen getting gas the morning he disappeared | wfaa.com

Btw— I can’t take credit for noticing this. I picked it up from a comment I saw on an article shared.

Attachments

• 0951BE07-CB93-4E74-8AC9-219401FA39E9.jpeg
    0951BE07-CB93-4E74-8AC9-219401FA39E9.jpeg
    371.7 KB · Views: 124
Someone mentioned upthread that maybe he made a stop for something else before hone. I’m now wondering if that a possibility.

I have a feeling it wouldn’t be from any old store, maybe a particular bakery or coffee shop? Maybe that’s why he was out of the way? Could he have been headed to one further away from home?

If you watch the video of Alan at the racetrack gas station you will see a person in the background. They disappear with the skip of the video. Watch about .19 seconds in and see what you think. The video has either been edited or skips weirdly. Where did this person end up?
Video: Missing Dallas man seen getting gas the morning he disappeared | wfaa.com

Btw— I can’t take credit for noticing this. I picked it up from a comment I saw on an article shared.

maybe just walking or jogging by

But the Macan’s silver rims and its tires were on the vehicle when it was recovered, right?

Also, relevant to my previous post suggesting that perhaps Alan was heading from the Racetrac gas station to Park Place Porsche to drop off the loaner early, I have seen comments from family/friends that confirm this was the dealership his car was at (though I have to admit I cannot provide a link to where I READ IT right this second) and I was also able to find info about their early-bird/after-hours procedures for picking up/dropping-off vehicles outside their normal hours of operation:
“How do I drop off my vehicle before or after hours (early-bird)?
Dropping your vehicle off after hours is easy. Park Place Porsche has an early-bird drop off box. Please leave your vehicle under the covered service drive and deposit your key in the drop off box located in the service drive area.” From Service FAQs | Park Place Dealerships

Just throwing out ideas about his travel path that morning—all MOO and conjecture!
MOO the procedures you quoted are for dropping off a car for service, so they are irrelevant. I have had my Porsche serviced at this dealership and you can not drop off a loaner without having it inspected, checked in etc. by an employee of the dealership.

<modsnip: Sleuthing social media of family is not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO this is a small window. I think something happened fast. That's why I am thinking he was surprised and had little time to react IMO. I had a lady jump in my car at a stop sign once driving alone at night. It was such a shock, I had absolutely no reaction. She just wanted a ride so I gave it worried she might be unstable. It can happen that fast. Wishing he is okay. They could at minimum do drone search along highways. IMOO

That just looks like a jogger, IMO. The video skips and pauses a bunch. This must just be a section where it skipped.

Is it correct that the Porsche was backed into spaces both at the gym and where it was later found abandoned? If so, I think this indicates that there's a greater chance that Alan parked it at both locations.

The picture of the Macan that media released after it was found was not from the place it was actually found. It was a pic of a macan in a Porsche dealership parking lot from what I could tell.

Wouldn't that be an attempted kidnapping vs a carjacking? Carjacking means taking the car from the person as far as I know, not taking the person and the car.
The intent is to take the car and not the person... but the type of key required with that vehicle isn't hanging off an ignition switch. Car won't go without the victim until they figure out what pocket the fob is in.

The intent is to take the car and not the person... but the type of key required with that vehicle isn't hanging off an ignition switch. Car won't go without the victim until they figure out what pocket the fob is in.
So as with any carjacking, you pull your weapon, demand the key from the operator, and go about your merry carjacking way. I just don't see a carjacking where not a single thing is taken off the car but the victim is so well-hidden (whether by design or not) that they aren't found for weeks and weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle