TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by tamsidea, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Perhaps not likely because a body has not been found, but what if AW experienced a medical event of some kind, like a heart attack?

Considering that AW is 55, just finished a early morning workout, had an early morning zoom meeting, had travel plans and an upcoming wedding to attend, ect, ect. not to mention we are in the middle of a very stressful pandemic ..
    It could cause someone to become confused/disoriented, maybe AW felt the sudden need to use the rest facilities, or stop the car in an inappropriate place, ect.
    Just a possibility, imo, speculation.

2. Bridger

Bridger Well-Known Member

That said, I’m not thinking carjacking with such a well- hidden body.
    What other alternative are you thinking?

From the beginning this has seemed to me like a purposeful disappearance on Alan’s part, mainly because the facts don’t support other possibilities. Carjackers just push you out of the car, robbers take you right to an ATM, street gangs leave your body wherever they killed/maimed you, hitmen (usually) are required to produce a body.

My opinion could change based on what we find out about the car, but unless there’s evidence of blood or a body having been inside, I see a very low chance of other possibilities. Just for the record, I suppose those possibilities could include targeting by someone close to home. But if that’s the case, where’s the body?

3. Fireflize

Fireflize Well-Known Member

My first guess would be, the Trinity River bottoms.

4. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

That may be possible, but it really is an option on all Macan's. A description about it is found here. Porsche Entry & Drive - Porsche USA
    Follow the google earth link i included and you will see it is indeed behind the houses.
    Correct, the house is now complete. And yes, a neighbor that he likely would have passed en route to his garage, IF he made it that far and drove through the alley. I would hope and pray someone has effectively scoured all available cctv / home video before it is too late.

5. PsychoBabble

PsychoBabble Well-Known Member

Thought just occurred to me about these possibly 6 houses renovated? In a 4 block radius? Wonder if that has sat well with neighbors, realtors, sellers?
    Someone upthread also mentioned the idea that AW was going to pick up an item ( for one of the properties?).. Craigslist, etc. and was waylaid. Sounds like a theory to me.
    All MOO

6. steff13

steff13 Well-Known Member

They rennovated six houses in the area? Are they all occupied?

7. HollyHunter9

HollyHunter9 Well-Known Member

Hi all, I've only just caught up on this thread. My thoughts are ~ something just doesn't sit right about this case...

1. If you were going to disappear or end your life why would you bother going to the gym first? You might tell your spouse you were going to the gym and then go somewhere else instead. Also, he clearly took his sweaty t-shirt off because at the gas station he is wearing the red vest, I think if you were in the frame of mind to end your life I don't think you would care if you were wearing a sweaty t-shirt and I also don't think you would care to put gas in the car if you knew afterwards you were not going to be around.

2. If it was a car jacking that went wrong I think he would've been found injured either where they took the car from him or near where it was parked (if they abandoned it) and if you're a car thief why would you leave it locked and unscathed a week later? I also do not believe the car was parked there that whole time, someone would've noticed, There's always at least one nosey neighbour on every street!

3. He clearly has a good job, good money and lives a fairly comfortable lifestyle so unless he had some upsetting or bad news such as losing his job maybe and that triggering a mental breakdown he doesn't come across as the type to do away with himself.

4. My theory is he made it home and something happened there. Maybe he disturbed a break in? But then I think if that happened he would've been found in the vicinity of the house. So that leaves it being someone he knew. He wasn't at the gym long so perhaps he walked in on the spouse? Or visa versa?

The video footage at the gas station where he just literally vanishes is very spooky! Because that is exactly what's happened, he has seemingly vanished into thin air! I do hope for the family's sake he is found soon.

8. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

this man has really captivated my heart - where are you Alan ...

9. steff13

steff13 Well-Known Member

Me, too. I want so badly for him to be ok, and I really don't think he is.

10. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

Agree!!!! I keep coming back here.
    I was under the impression he had some remodeling house job on the side ( flipping houses kind of thing) ( in the beginning of this thread it was discussed). So, I'm now thinking he just redid his home? Any thoughts?

roche.analisa, misgrn, dotr and 3 others like this.
  11. diggndeeperstill

I’ve looked up property listed on appraiser site in Dallas. He appears to have remodeled many different ones over the years. Always purchased in his name and his husbands name, so doesn’t appear to be a business, but definitely appears to be an income generator. And as someone who has built a few homes, it is very time consuming imho. You can search here. DCAD: Find Property By Street Address

12. Wild Rose

Wild Rose Well-Known Member

Just MOO, the Dallas area with its many car thefts, 11,000 last year, has a large problem on its hands. I could see if a car was ditched because it would be a high profile vehicle theft if other crimes were involved besides theft.

13. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

If it was a medical/heart attack, he would have been found, IMO
    Even if he wandered off or ended up in a hospital, I believe the family said they checked all hospitals, medical facilities.
    But, yes, that is a good thought....
    my friend's husband died at the gym while working out so a medical condition could have caused abandonment of the car but I think, IMO he would have been found right away.

14. swanniee11

This is a problem for me. If you steal that kind of car, you would think you're going to profit from it, even with other possible crimes occurring during that time. Why steal something to make a profit and not actually make a profit? IMO

roche.analisa, misgrn, dotr and 4 others like this.
  15. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

At this point, given what we know, the rental car AW was driving was most likely not the target.

So, if we rule out the car as the target for whatever happened, what's left?

16. swanniee11

I'm going to pretend I know what I'm doing here: missing 10/22 (Thurs)
    Alan leaves his home at 4.45 am
    Gym at 5 am
    He leaves the gym at 5:38 am
    Gas at 5:47 am
    Work call at 7-7:30 am ( reported differently)
    Car found 10/29 (Thurs)
    This all comes from MSM in the first few pages.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  17. diggndeeperstill

The gas station was before 6... the video is time stamped. The time I see is 5:47 am.

18. diggndeeperstill

My thoughts—

Stalker
    Known perpetrator
    Unknown perpetrator hired by known

19. swanniee11

Thank you, I edited my post.

20. diggndeeperstill

You weren’t wrong really... for whatever reason the media has said 6 am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.