TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

As I recall, I don't think there was a lot of evidence in Alan's case. No CCTV, no fingerprints in his car, no witnesses.

Some cases are like that, sadly. And they are the ones that sink fast. But there is always hope, as on occasions something comes out of nowhere! Even decades later!

Going strictly by memory, I believe there was a video of Alan at the gas station? He was possibly on the phone briefly? I always wondered if that call was related. I ended up believing Alan was in the wrong place at the wrong time and fell victim to a random car jacking that went way too far. I still think about Alan a lot. That his niece (I believe) was visiting. So sad and haunting. I hope we see justice for Alan soon. MOO

Not at all. Especially if the case is still open, or "pending".

Maybe it’s just me— I think it’s odd they have made no progress (that we are aware of) in investigating Alan’s case.

I agree with bombardier’s previous post:
“I have seen cases stay categorized as 'open' for years and years despite no visible progress being made. one 'benefit' for law enforcement is those files never enter the public record, and so they don't get the public backlash if they're depicted negatively in the records”

Sad, IMO.

Maybe it’s just me— I think it’s odd they have made no progress (that we are aware of) in investigating Alan’s case.

I agree with bombardier’s previous post:
“I have seen cases stay categorized as 'open' for years and years despite no visible progress being made. one 'benefit' for law enforcement is those files never enter the public record, and so they don't get the public backlash if they're depicted negatively in the records”

Sad, IMO.

Part of the problem is the section I bolded above.

We don't know what's being done on Alan's case so we tend to speculate and often assume the worst, especially when it's not moving along the way we want it to.

jmo

Part of the problem is the section I bolded above.

We don't know what's being done on Alan's case so we tend to speculate and often assume the worst, especially when it's not moving along the way we want it to.

jmo

I’d love to think there’s an active investigation going on at this very moment but IMO, kind of unlikely. Hope I’m wrong!

Going strictly by memory, I believe there was a video of Alan at the gas station? He was possibly on the phone briefly? I always wondered if that call was related. I ended up believing Alan was in the wrong place at the wrong time and fell victim to a random car jacking that went way too far. I still think about Alan a lot. That his niece (I believe) was visiting. So sad and haunting. I hope we see justice for Alan soon. MOO
I think his actions were too odd that morning for it to be random.

Alan's brother:

"Though video doesn’t show it, Tim believes the person responsible for his brother’s death got into Alan’s car while at that gas station just a mile from his home.

Tim said his car is seen circling the lot a few times before pulling away.

And deep down, he believes someone filling up during rush hour that morning had to have seen something that can help.

“There’s somebody that saw who got in that car, and I wish they would come forward,” he said.

As for motive, the family doesn’t believe the crime was random."

Alan's brother:

"Though video doesn’t show it, Tim believes the person responsible for his brother’s death got into Alan’s car while at that gas station just a mile from his home.

And deep down, he believes someone filling up during rush hour that morning had to have seen something that can help.

“There’s somebody that saw who got in that car, and I wish they would come forward,” he said.

Thanks for the update. Appreciate you taking the time to let us know this!

Alan's brother:

Thanks so much for the article. It’s reassuring Alan’s family is still advocating for him and keeping attention on his unexplained death.
The take aways for me:

1) Not a random carjacking
2) Alan did not die by his own hand— he was murdered.
3) ?

I admit I’m one who was leaning towards a random carjacking so I will definitely cross that off my list.

Interesting that the family did not mention the LE investigation— had they been asked not to? Maybe LE is closer than I thought….

Last edited:
Along Dallas’s southern edge, a heavily wooded area holds the mystery. Who killed Alan White, and how did the KPMG executive’s remains wind up there, waiting to be discovered months after he disappeared?

“I sit back now and think about it. It's been over two years, and how much has changed and how much has happened, and where we're at today. And it just makes you just kind of, you know, it doesn't seem real,” said Tim White.

“My sister Tina called me. She was crying, and she said, ‘Timmy, Alan’s gone missing.’ I said, ‘What?’ It was something you didn't expect to hear,” he said.

An hour after arriving, surveillance video shows him get in his black Porsche SUV and leave. Shortly after, more video places Alan about a mile from home, at a RaceTrac gas station at the corner of Inwood Road and Maple Avenue. Around 6 a.m., he’s seen filling up before heading inside.
alan-white-gas-station.jpg

“He lingered at the store there and then went out and got in the car, and we don't know what actually happened after that,” said Tim White.

“We went with the Dallas Police Department. The South-Central Unit location took us there. The missing persons detective was with us,” said White. “Now that I look back on that, we were less than a quarter mile away from his body.”

I haven’t followed closely, just check in all along for updates, is it possible someone hid in his car when he was in the store? That would’ve shown up on camera, wouldn’t it?
One would think so. I recall seeing the surveillance video of him at the gas pump but I don't think the whole video was ever released to the public, just a tiny part of it.

I've always thought he went to meet someone and it went bad, really fast.

Tried accessing Alan's files again :( Shut down.
View attachment 418721
One thing the file still being locked due to the case being open is telling me, is that police are no longer querying (if they ever were) an accidental/natural death or a suicide. If it had been that obvious, they would have no qualms about calling it and closing the file.

I was glad to see an update! I'm curious why his brother is so sure someone got in his car. I do think Alan circling the parking lot by the gas station is related to what ultimately happened to him. I wonder if it's just a theory that he was picking someone up during that time or if he knows more than what has been released to the public.

DBM. I’m behind! What I wrote was already posted. Looks like I have some catching up to do.
And I’ve always found it interesting that that morning, Alan “was driving a black Porsche Macan loaner while his car was being serviced.”

It was also noted that “(a) family friend said the dealership has not been able to trace the car.”

Of course, this may have been a coincidence, and it doesn’t prove anything, but it’s interesting, nonetheless, IMO.

And I’ve always found it interesting that that morning, Alan “was driving a black Porsche Macan loaner while his car was being serviced.”

It was also noted that “(a) family friend said the dealership has not been able to trace the car.”

Of course, this may have been a coincidence, and it doesn’t prove anything, but it’s interesting, nonetheless, IMO.

Doesn’t the Dallas Voice link say that LE has now found the car? (I believed that it was found long ago.)

I think that it says LE wasn’t able to trace the car due to the frequent practice of putting updates at the top of the article while not changing the original body of the article, below.

MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle