GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #12

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by bessie, Jul 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jellybeanz

jellybeanz Well-Known Member

Looks like it

I'll bang my head for you :banghead:

2. manzana

manzana Inactive

3. IBsleuthin

IBsleuthin New Member

I'm going to file this with my favorite statement from LE, "There is no evidence that an abduction has taken place."

:stormingmad:

4. manzana

manzana Inactive

Kinda like the fireman who moved 11 miles from home because he heard most accidents occur within ten miles from where you live.

5. eileenhawkeye

eileenhawkeye Well-Known Member

All the cases in the study were solved. So consider all of the cases where police know where the abduction took place such as the killer entering the home, or taking the child from a store or from a sports field, etc. Then, if say the child is walking somewhere, there might be signs of a struggle or using witnesses, LE can pinpoint exactly where the child was abducted.

6. 21merc7

21merc7 New Member

Is this just stats from Washington?

First one makes a tremendous amount of sense, not just for child victims. (Not going to elaborate.)

2nd one, totally makes sense.

3rd one, not so much globally.

4th one, makes sense, but surprised at 8%.

5th one, I suspect more.

4th and 6th are too similar to guess.

7th, okay, don't know.

8th, probably more than half.

9th, community and family pressure the political pressure or it would not happen unless a serial killer.

10th, yep. Work or home.

JMO, but would love to see global stats, or least entire U.S., and include the ones that are kept quiet, in recent studies.

7. eileenhawkeye

It's for the entire United States.

8. 21merc7

21merc7 New Member

Appointment of a Murder Qualified Attorney, much less Capital Murder Qualified Attorney.

It is way too expensive for mom working a lot of hours to afford. Court appointed, if they gave him the best in the area, is the same, but paid by the State. I don't think his mom can afford one...

9. IBsleuthin

IBsleuthin New Member

Here I am again.

I'm thinking that since LE already has TH and a whole lotta evidence in hand, I am going to focus on who this other person may be and not focus on the details of how AG died.

We may never know the gory details and I for one don't think it serves anyone to know them except for that morbid curiosity humans seem to have.

Do you recall when Joseph Duncan went on trial and the court played the video and audio he had?

And the poor father, so traumatized already was going out of his mind telling people DO NOT GO IN THERE and watch this!!

But they WENT ANYWAY.

They went anyway. :stormingmad:

We post at length about depravity, mental illness, twisted fetish and sexual deviant urges on here but do we also need to turn the page and ask ourselves to what end is it depraved to want to know the position this child was in when she was tortured and killed?

Long ago when I was a Hospice nurse, if a doctor would order a test that was obviously not going to further the care of a dying patient we would ask ..."WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH THE INFORMATION ONCE YOU HAVE IT?"

So, just ask yourself that in these cases. You cannot 'unknow' something once you know it.

I'm not in on this case, I'm not in that office down there and I'm not making the decisions for that court so what possible good will it do for me to know what the kitchen chair was used for and what position she was in?

I'm going to focus on the next step.

10. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

So far, no accomplice found. I am not even sure he had an accomplice. We know he had a motorized bike. Is there anyway he could have drove that bike with a body, and not be on camera? Through the back yard or something?

11. IBsleuthin

IBsleuthin New Member

I always post this but here it is again:

5 out of 4 people have trouble with statistics.

12. IBsleuthin

IBsleuthin New Member

I'm trying to visualize him on the motorized BIKE with a dead body wrapped in a tarp going down the road.

13. Dora the Explorer

Dora the Explorer Swiper, no swiping!

No, there are no alleys.

14. eileenhawkeye

I'm pretty sure that applies to when companies make up statistics to sell their products, not a study about child abduction murders done by multiple entities over a period of years.

15. blue22

blue22 Well-Known Member

I think crime statistics, with actual evidence...is likely a little different. It's not a matter of just compiling opinions or data, they actually know when and where crimes were committed.

16. bessie

bessie Verified Insider

"The CAM data were collected from 227 municipal police departments and county sheriff's offices with a service population of 100,000 or more, and had 15 or more murders reported to the Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI) Uniform Crime Report (UCR) in 1987 (Hanfland, et al, 1997)"

It goes on to say the study includes data from 833 cases submitted by large and small agencies in 44 states, which occurred from 1968 to 2002.

17. Confusion

Confusion Creative Spelling Expert

Well, 78.6% of statistics are just made up anyway. :twocents:

18. IBsleuthin

IBsleuthin New Member

:deadhorse:

At some point with this sick of an individual living that close to them, even the most careful parent would have had trouble stopping this from happening.

When I first read that she was 'allowed to roam the neighborhood' my imagination was covering a much larger piece of real estate. Going ONE HOUSE DOWN isn't 'roaming the neighborhood'.

I'm over protective and could write books and travel across the nation and give seminars on child protection and even at that I still lost my youngest son in the Kmart store.

(Of course I went into military lock down mode and was barking directions at every employee to block the exit doors until he was found so that's probably a little different. :floorlaugh: ) We found him hiding and laughing up under a circular clothes rack.

I've been on heart pills ever since.

19. texashello

texashello Member

Yes, they would, even if it is just to access their competency.

That attorney is very good, she used to be a prosecutor in Tarrant County.

Since she was court appointed to TH it does appear that L@@an@@ce E. @@va@s is KH's attorney.

20. Threeplus1

Threeplus1 Active Member

I'm too lazy to find the link, but neighbors have reported in msm that the parents were out knocking on doors before 9 o'clock. It was in the early news reports if you want to check the MSM thread. One I read said KG was so upset that the neighbor started to walk the neighborhood with him to help him look, and the other neighbor said that LG was quoted as saying, "she always does this". So they were out knocking on doors. I don't have a specific time for either neighbor report.

I'm the type parent who watches my teens play at the park behind our house...if you'd get close to me, I'm sure you'd hear the helicopter blades turning. ;). I would never have allowed my six yr old to wander the neighborhood, but the parents have paid the ultimate price for their lack of judgement, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.