GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #2

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Salem, Jul 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCHMAE

SCHMAE Well-Known Member

Good thinking on the multiple people but if there were more than one perp, wouldn't you think they could keep things a little cleaner? A little more concrete plan, better timing or something?

2. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

I think the tarp, tape, Walmart bag and maybe a belt will have a mountain of physical evidence on them.

3. Flutterby80

Flutterby80 Active Member

Yes you would think so! One reason I'm leaning towards single perp.

4. paris_paris

paris_paris Well-Known Member

I've seen quotes about the belt around the [tarp] tape. Where did that come from? In the 911 call I thought he said "belt around the face".

5. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Maybe LE knows who did this and they have them under surveillance while they are collecting the evidence? Otherwise I cant understand why they would tell the community that.

6. ArianeEmory

ArianeEmory I know the pieces fit

The 911 call just says "...belt around it" and it's not clear what "it" refers to.

The belt around tarp has been quoted in MSM such as NY Daily News but is not sourced.

7. IHAVENOCLUE

IHAVENOCLUE Well-Known Member

IIRC.. The green splotch was described as being the size of a softball...

Jumping off your post... And thinking about bodies of water...

could the perp have bound the arms and legs to insure AG remain submerged if placed in water?

Just thinking out loud here...

:dunno:

8. momtective

momtective Lifetime WS Non-Mod

Two teens found Alanna’s body shortly before 7:30 p.m. Monday at Roundrock Drive and Cindy Lane. In a 911 call, the teens’ father, Wesley Whiddon, told a dispatcher that a little girl had been found in a black trash bag, which had a belt and tape around it.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/07/04/4982904/police-still-receiving-tips-in.html#storylink=cpy

9. KMouse

KMouse Well-Known Member

If I lived in that community I would be terrified to think that a child could be snatched, murdered and dumped so quickly and then told that there is no danger to the public? WTH? I wouldn't be letting my kids out without me having eyes on them at all times. This is very scary for the residents.

10. KMouse

KMouse Well-Known Member

I have thought that too but we all know that police surveillance isn't fullproof. I don't think the killer would risk going out and grabbing another child but they could attempt to flee or cause harm to somebody who gets in their way.

11. IHAVENOCLUE

Jumping off your post...

yes... I agree... The type of belt could be quite revealing as to who the perp could be... Type, size, material, etc...

but then again... The belt could belong to the perp's family member, etc., too...

I am thinking that maybe the belt is not one that is worn for apparel, but could it be a "belt" used in construction to consolidate materials... Like bricks, wood planks, etc.?

and... I am wondering if this heinous act could be the result of more than one person who just wanted to see what it was like to kill someone... Like the recent case of the 19 year old girl murdered by two acquaintances that "just wanted to see what killing was like"...

Just trying to think outside the box a bit....

12. KMouse

KMouse Well-Known Member

13. IHAVENOCLUE

14. Jo in Calif

Jo in Calif Well-Known Member

The belt could possibly be a tie down strap.
    Any one who does not know what that is, just google it and you will see.

15. Flutterby80

16. ShadyLadySleuth

ShadyLadySleuth New Member

I agree BeginnersLuck - and it takes time to process all the evidence collected so far, and there is a lot of it. Fingerprints, DNA, etc. they have a lot of very important forensic evidence to process. A tip could tell them who has a pickup like the one seen, but they need to interview the owner before releasing any more info on it. I'm sure LE is working on all the angles so far known. I predict a fairly fast resolution to the case.

I love to read all the Websleuths vast knowledge of past crimes, that give is insights into current cases.

I would also imagine there has already been, or shortly will be, a FBI profile of the possible perp on this one. Would love to be able to read that.

17. Wondergirl

Wondergirl Well-Known Member

Deanna Boyd ‏@deannaboyd 1h

Saginaw police report no new developments in investigation into slaying of Alanna Gallagher, 6. Investigators still following up on tips.

https://twitter.com/deannaboyd

18. Wondergirl

Wondergirl Well-Known Member

Rest in Peace, sweet Alanna. :(

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. Flutterby80

I bet Alanna's mama made her that dress :(

20. Rougelatete

Rougelatete Verified Licensed Mental Health Counselor

In consensual sexual relations, yes. Or, when one is pleasuring themselves alone. But, predators and murderers have also been known to use it to have further control over their victim -- as in, they can literally control whether their victim lives or dies, how long it takes them to die, etc. It's a sadistic form of torture in that instance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.