GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sort of shocked that LE said this to be honest. Unless family is involved and LE is sure of this, it seems irresponsible to state there is no danger to the community. If the family is involved, why hasn't there been an arrest yet? She wasn't missing for days....this all happened very quickly and without much planning, obviously. Not a lot of time to cover tracks. It just doesn't make sense for LE to say there is no danger to the community.

Unless there are multiple people involved and LE cannot get one to give the other(s) up, so can't be sure to who charge. I guess that is a possible explanation.

Good thinking on the multiple people but if there were more than one perp, wouldn't you think they could keep things a little cleaner? A little more concrete plan, better timing or something?

I think the tarp, tape, Walmart bag and maybe a belt will have a mountain of physical evidence on them.

Good thinking on the multiple people but if there were more than one perp, wouldn't you think they could keep things a little cleaner? A little more concrete plan, better timing or something?

Yes you would think so! One reason I'm leaning towards single perp.

I've seen quotes about the belt around the [tarp] tape. Where did that come from? In the 911 call I thought he said "belt around the face".

If it is a neighborhood creep then why is there no danger to the community?

Maybe LE knows who did this and they have them under surveillance while they are collecting the evidence? Otherwise I cant understand why they would tell the community that.

I've seen quotes about the belt around the [tarp] tape. Where did that come from? In the 911 call I thought he said "belt around the face".

The 911 call just says "...belt around it" and it's not clear what "it" refers to.

The belt around tarp has been quoted in MSM such as NY Daily News but is not sourced.

Tarps are LOUD . If you've ever folded one up or used one for anything they are really crackling and scratchy sounding and there 's no way to do it quietly.
Also, if you can look just a bit west of here ( i mapped , it's 3 miles ) to Boat Club Rd. This road winds up the side of Eagle Mountain Lake. There are lots of homes and marinas on parts of it and on other parts of it, its' very isolated, especially the further north you go. If you can travel along Boat Club, just look at how many places there are near water and just open fields that would be a good hiding place. Saginaw is a busy town but just a few miles up north of there , it's fairly deserted with lots of farm land and very few homes. I will not say my GUT says he was heading that way but I have thought that it's possible. Also if you lived somewhere along that path and had a red truck in your driveway , no one would drive by and SEE it. There's plenty of trees and the homes are more scattered out and very private.

Does anyone remember seeing/hearing on day one that the green splatter was the size of a ' bowling ball ' or did I imagine that ? tia

IIRC.. The green splotch was described as being the size of a softball...

Jumping off your post... And thinking about bodies of water...

could the perp have bound the arms and legs to insure AG remain submerged if placed in water?

Just thinking out loud here...

:dunno:

I'm not sure that the belt information has been verified. But, if the belt exists, it might be the best clue they have. I assume that it belonged to the killer or to someone connected to the killer. And they ought to be able to narrow down the age of the perp. Young adults wear different types of belts than older men. If it's a style worn by young people, maybe you can rule out an old man and vice versa.

Two teens found Alanna’s body shortly before 7:30 p.m. Monday at Roundrock Drive and Cindy Lane. In a 911 call, the teens’ father, Wesley Whiddon, told a dispatcher that a little girl had been found in a black trash bag, which had a belt and tape around it.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/07/04/4982904/police-still-receiving-tips-in.html#storylink=cpy

I am sort of shocked that LE said this to be honest. Unless family is involved and LE is sure of this, it seems irresponsible to state there is no danger to the community. If the family is involved, why hasn't there been an arrest yet? She wasn't missing for days....this all happened very quickly and without much planning, obviously. Not a lot of time to cover tracks. It just doesn't make sense for LE to say there is no danger to the community.

Unless there are multiple people involved and LE cannot get one to give the other(s) up, so can't be sure to who charge. I guess that is a possible explanation.

If I lived in that community I would be terrified to think that a child could be snatched, murdered and dumped so quickly and then told that there is no danger to the public? WTH? I wouldn't be letting my kids out without me having eyes on them at all times. This is very scary for the residents.

Maybe LE knows who did this and they have them under surveillance while they are collecting the evidence? Otherwise I cant understand why they would tell the community that.

I have thought that too but we all know that police surveillance isn't fullproof. I don't think the killer would risk going out and grabbing another child but they could attempt to flee or cause harm to somebody who gets in their way.

I'm not sure that the belt information has been verified. But, if the belt exists, it might be the best clue they have. I assume that it belonged to the killer or to someone connected to the killer. And they ought to be able to narrow down the age of the perp. Young adults wear different types of belts than older men. If it's a style worn by young people, maybe you can rule out an old man and vice versa.

Jumping off your post...

yes... I agree... The type of belt could be quite revealing as to who the perp could be... Type, size, material, etc...

but then again... The belt could belong to the perp's family member, etc., too...

I am thinking that maybe the belt is not one that is worn for apparel, but could it be a "belt" used in construction to consolidate materials... Like bricks, wood planks, etc.?

and... I am wondering if this heinous act could be the result of more than one person who just wanted to see what it was like to kill someone... Like the recent case of the 19 year old girl murdered by two acquaintances that "just wanted to see what killing was like"...

Just trying to think outside the box a bit....

and... I am wondering if this heinous act could be the result of more than one person who just wanted to see what it was like to kill someone... Like the recent case of the 19 year old girl murdered by two acquaintances that "just wanted to see what killing was like"...
QUOTE]

snipped by me.

Who knows, anything seems possible since the police have only released very little info. With every case like this that comes along it seems there are situations that are so depraved I would never think of them.

QUOTE]

snipped by me.

Who knows, anything seems possible since the police have only released very little info. With every case like this that comes along it seems there are situations that are so depraved I would never think of them.

So true... The initial crime is so depraved... But then when we find motive and method.... It sinks to even lower levels of unimaginable depravity!

:no:

The belt could possibly be a tie down strap.
Any one who does not know what that is, just google it and you will see.

So true... The initial crime is so depraved... But then when we find motive and method.... It sinks to even lower levels of unimaginable depravity!

:no:

The day I stop being shocked by this stuff is the day I become worried about myself. Thankfully, normal human beings do not have these twisted scenerios running through their minds. If something shocks us at WS, you know it's very bad.

I'm just taking a guess here, but I think LE is probably very busy following up on the leads that they have received so far. If those don't pan out then I would expect them to reach out to the public with a little more information.

I agree BeginnersLuck - and it takes time to process all the evidence collected so far, and there is a lot of it. Fingerprints, DNA, etc. they have a lot of very important forensic evidence to process. A tip could tell them who has a pickup like the one seen, but they need to interview the owner before releasing any more info on it. I'm sure LE is working on all the angles so far known. I predict a fairly fast resolution to the case.

I love to read all the Websleuths vast knowledge of past crimes, that give is insights into current cases.

I would also imagine there has already been, or shortly will be, a FBI profile of the possible perp on this one. Would love to be able to read that.

Deanna Boyd ‏@deannaboyd 1h

Saginaw police report no new developments in investigation into slaying of Alanna Gallagher, 6. Investigators still following up on tips.

https://twitter.com/deannaboyd

Rest in Peace, sweet Alanna. :(

attachment.php

Attachments

• alanna.jpg
    alanna.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 335
isn't erotic asphyxiation something does to one's self , or with a partner capable of rescuing if needed?

In consensual sexual relations, yes. Or, when one is pleasuring themselves alone. But, predators and murderers have also been known to use it to have further control over their victim -- as in, they can literally control whether their victim lives or dies, how long it takes them to die, etc. It's a sadistic form of torture in that instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆