GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bio-hazard tape used by hospitals, hospices, home health care workers, etc is RED. Red is the color designated for a bio-hazard. All of the biohazard bags I have ever seen ( like a blood sample would be put in, and the large ones for trash) are RED.

SOME independent labs use clear bags with an orange- red label and the Biohazard symbol.. not the same thing as the tape I am referring to. If you have seen it, you know it's fire engine red.

I don't know a thing about what firefighters use anywhere, but I have used biohazard sealing tape, bags, and hard plastic receptacles since health care practices suggested/ mandated their use. :)

Anyone- quick- if you go to a hospital or doctor's office which has a syringe disposal unit, what color is it? Usually RED. Ever have to take a 24 hour urine collection specimen to a doctor's office? What color was the bag you put the collection bottle in? RED.

There's even a common sentence used for a potentially contaminated item " RED BAG IT!" :)

I concede that some reds do look orange-ish but the designated color for a biohazard warning is red and biohazard sealing tape which I am talking about is BRIGHT red, at least in the parts of the USA where I have seen it.

I mentioned the color of the tape specifically because, again, using Occam's razor which would mean that the items used on the body were items at hand, if someone with access to a lab, doctor's office or other care facility was involved with this crime, the RED TAPE could be Bio-hazard tape and be a clue.

Red duct tape is also commonly used as a temporary repair for tail lights that have been smashed.

The other thing that peaked my interest w/ that headline is who they are considering "the parents" in that statement? Just the biological parents or is the other guy also not considered a prime suspect? The article said something about both dads being listed in the obituary and that LE is respecting their lifestyle (paraphrasing)... but that does not mean that LE considers the extra guy an actual parent.

I'm sure when they refer to "parents", they mean bio parents, just to cut down on the confusion. jmo

Miles McDaniel, the father of 6-year-old Alanna Gallagher, spoke about this daughter's death for the first time on Tuesday, shortly after speaking with investigators for a few hours.

"I know there's always that suspicion -- I know the odds are high that it's a family member in this sort of situation," McDaniel said. "I can say that anyone who knows our family knows better."

The family includes him; Gallagher's mother, Laura Gallagher; and her husband, Karl. McDaniel said he knows neither of his spouses committed the crime, saying theirs is a loving family.

"If anyone is interested, Google polyamory," he said.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Alanna-Gallaghers-Father-I-Want-Justice-214847271.html

A black sienna van and what was the second make, plz ? tia

Red duct tape is also commonly used as a temporary repair for tail lights that have been smashed.

A couple days ago when I was reading this thread and some people were wondering who would have red tape, I was working on a project for my kids and I was using red painters tape. I know I keep drop cloths and tarps with my painting stuff....

I thought the pool chemical comment was really good though. That would make sense.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

The parents are definitely cooperating. Being upfront about their lifestyle, talking to LE separately, not trying to fight the SW, no lawyers at this point etc. I think we will use this case in the future as an example of how innocent parents behave when their child is found murdered.

The parents are definitely cooperating. Being upfront about their lifestyle, talking to LE separately, not trying to fight the SW, no lawyers at this point etc. I think we will use this case in the future as an example of how innocent parents behave when their child is found murdered.

I was JUST thinking that we are hearing this stuff from Dad and not an attorney.

How do you get that to happen? The DH has been staying up way late the last few nights. He's crushing my SCEEP time :(

Maybe my lack of showering... As I have been so dedicated to these threads...

Had something to do,with it?

:razz:

And NOTE to other parents in similar situations who we may have seen on WS,,, these parents are discussing FINDING the PERP!

IDK that, never having had a broken tail light except on a car in a shop for professional repairs. Thanks for the info. I remember stories where people who are kidnapped in trunks or other rear areas of vehicles have kicked out tail lights.. Probably doesn't apply but comes to mind when leaving out the " red truck" part.

I have been doing research on the type of STICKY SEALING tape I am talking about. The color is " Florescent Red".. SOME people might call it a red- orange but to me, it's red. :)

Example of the tape I am referring to:
Roll Products 142-0007 PVC Film Biohazard Warning Tape with Black Imprint, Legend "Burn Without Opening" (with Logo), 55yd Length x 2" Width, 3" Core, For Identifying and Marking, Fluorescent Red/Orange (Roll of 55): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Also, I think there was staging done to the body. Either the tape, the binding of her tiny limbs, the belt, or a combo. Possibly the undressing.

<modsnip>

I don't judge people. If they want to live that way, it doesn't affect me, as long as they leave me out of it. But I just wanted to share that it isn't exactly uncommon.

Bio-hazard tape used by hospitals, hospices, home health care workers, etc is RED. Red is the color designated for a bio-hazard. All of the biohazard bags I have ever seen ( like a blood sample would be put in, and the large ones for trash) are RED.

SOME independent labs use clear bags with an orange- red label and the Biohazard symbol.. not the same thing as the tape I am referring to. If you have seen it, you know it's fire engine red.

I don't know a thing about what firefighters use anywhere, but I have used biohazard sealing tape, bags, and hard plastic receptacles since health care practices suggested/ mandated their use. :)

Anyone- quick- if you go to a hospital or doctor's office which has a syringe disposal unit, what color is it? Usually RED. Ever have to take a 24 hour urine collection specimen to a doctor's office? What color was the bag you put the collection bottle in? RED.

There's even a common sentence used for a potentially contaminated item " RED BAG IT!" :)

I concede that some reds do look orange-ish but the designated color for a biohazard warning is red and biohazard sealing tape which I am talking about is BRIGHT red, at least in the parts of the USA where I have seen it.

I mentioned the color of the tape specifically because, again, using Occam's razor which would mean that the items used on the body were items at hand, if someone with access to a lab, doctor's office or other care facility was involved with this crime, the RED TAPE could be Bio-hazard tape and be a clue.

Whoa, Nellie!!

I'm all for being corrected, but DANG!

Per my understanding of OSHA (again, I could be wrong!), red is for "Sharps" (i.e., a needle on a syringe....). You would see these in doc office, most hospital rooms, etc.....

http://www.hercenter.org/rmw/osha-BPS.cfm#comm

Without a "sharp", (i.e., biopsy/cyto/autopsy tissue or most clinical lab samples), orange or red-orange.

Perhaps it's potato/potatoe.....tomato/tomatoe.......

It's all good!! We're on the same team!!

Is anyone clear on which dad flagged down the police the night she was taken?
MM or KG? And which one is the bio dad?

You can move in with me. I think my husband is about sick of my new obsession and will be leaving me soon. :eek::eek:

I have a good job and am a hell of a cook. Cleaning? Laundry? Eh, no so much since the kiddos.....I need a wife! You can update me during the day! Win-win!!

Hey... That's the best offer I've had in a millennium! :floorlaugh:

Will you take 4 cats and a dog, too? :cat: :wolf:

The downside of being able to feel a little better about the parents is we still don't have any idea what happened. :(

BioDad (we'll have to come up with some shorthand for this, I'm bad with remembering initials) said she'd asked to go to a friend's. Surely LE knows what friend. They MUST be able to narrow her radius down to within a few houses. Which brings us back to...what if it really was someone who was transient in the neighborhood and just grabbed her off the sidewalk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member