GUILTY TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 1 July 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I can find absolutely no way to get to this article, however:

See Also: How Child *advertiser censored* Rings Flourish on Facebook: http://www.elliscountyobserver.com/...ensored*-ring-flourishes-on-facebook/(source: FBI)

Very, very weird. Please, anyone who cares to bother, let me know if you can somehow access this.

The whole site seems to be down.
A strange notice on the front page says it's because of criminal activity.
http://www.elliscountyobserver.com/
Apr 2012
http://www.dallasvoice.com/judge-or...sher-joey-dauben-forfeit-domain-10107302.html
Judge Bob Carroll of the 40th Judicial District Court ordered former Ellis County Observer publisher Joey Dauben during a hearing Friday, April 20 to forfeit his website to the state.
He is required to wear an ankle monitor, report weekly to probation officers in Ellis County and Navarro County, refrain from Internet use and not get within 200 yards of any minors.

Interesting.
are these people in prison at this time?
I wonder if they had a visitor...
surely LE would be checking out their AZ relative.

Yes 2011 - SA - 10 years - The Man - 30 years
The Arizona POI - from Prescott (BNF)
SOURCE

How would DNA on some but not all girls imply there was no relation? Could it be someone(s) learned better over time, or got sloppy a couple times?

Next, I don't know for sure that they run DNA against databases routinely. I think there are legal limits in some cases.....

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/biometric-analysis/codis/codis-and-ndis-fact-sheet

......and there seems to be a national backlog of processing such evidence - so how relevant is a "negative" result?

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/28/outrage-over-nationwide-rape-kit-backlog/

No. I think human meant DNA points to different perps.

How would DNA on some but not all girls imply there was no relation? Could it be someone(s) learned better over time, or got sloppy a couple times?

Next, I don't know for sure that they run DNA against databases routinely. I think there are legal limits in some cases.....

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/biometric-analysis/codis/codis-and-ndis-fact-sheet

......and there seems to be a national backlog of processing such evidence - so how relevant is a "negative" result?

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/28/outrage-over-nationwide-rape-kit-backlog/

Not to speak for human but thought the poster meant that if there was DNA found in two dfferent girls the police would already know if they match or not.
(Provided that the samples have been put in the database and checked for matches properly and that there is only one perp and one source of perp DNA involved in each murder, and keeping in mind that if you've only got mitochondrial DNA in one case and nuclear DNA in another you can't compare those.)

this link won't work, grrr!

I went to the home page and I get this message: UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF CHAPTER 59, TEX. CODE CRIM. PROC. THIS DOMAIN WAS SEIZED BY THE RED OAK, TEXAS POLICE DEPARTMENT AND FORFEITED TO THE STATE OF TEXAS. A JUDICIAL DETERMINATION WAS MADE THAT THIS DOMAIN WAS USED IN THE COMMISSION OF A FELONY OFFENSE UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS.

Ashley Estell:
Abducted September 4, 1993
7 years old
Abducted at Carpenter Park soccer field, Plano TX
Found the next day "beside a secluded dirt road six miles from the park" (anyone know more specifics?)
Cause of death: strangled
Michael Blair convicted in 1994, exonerated by DNA in 2008.

Quick footnote here: Michael Blair remains in prison on other charges, so even if his exoneration was in error (and there is no claim it was), he could not be responsible for Alanna.

I went to the home page and I get this message: UNDER THE AUTHORITY OF CHAPTER 59, TEX. CODE CRIM. PROC. THIS DOMAIN WAS SEIZED BY THE RED OAK, TEXAS POLICE DEPARTMENT AND FORFEITED TO THE STATE OF TEXAS. A JUDICIAL DETERMINATION WAS MADE THAT THIS DOMAIN WAS USED IN THE COMMISSION OF A FELONY OFFENSE UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS.

umm. wow...!

"The investigation is still in its beginning stages, police spokesman Officer Damon Ing said.

Police believe the slaying is an isolated case, Ing said.

"I can assure the community of Saginaw and all surrounding areas that you're perfectly safe in this community," he said."

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Saginaw-Child-Found-in-Tarp-Identified-214189511.html

Why is a good question. IMO... LE's reassurance of safety came awfully early.

I think that is because they assumed it was one of the parents at first and IMO they did the second canvass (blocking off streets again as well) when some early test results came back as no match to any of the parents. They haven't said a word since then.

There is also the fact they don't want to cause panic and the idea of a child killer on the loose does...there are political reasons for "reassuring" everyone.

Has anyone close to Alanna been ruled out yet? I feel like I need to hear that, before considering connected serial killings over lengthy spans, JMO.

Have any of the locals indicated what time garbage pick up was on Monday, for Cindy Lane and Round Rock?

(Sorry if I have missed a post with this answer)

Have any of the locals indicated what time garbage pick up was on Monday, for Cindy Lane and Round Rock?

I was wondering the same thing about trash pick up time for the area..

On the thread prior, we had a couple of posters who said they were in or around the area on that day and were commenting about all the trash along the roads. Can't remember who it was :)...

I'll see if I can go back and find the posts and bring them over....

Not those specific streets, but a non-verified local said trash still lined the streets at 1:20pm on Bridal (maybe Bridle?). This can probably be found in the last few pages of the previous thread.

People have been wondering about the Ellis County Observer website. I have found several articles pertaining to it but this one from January of this year pretty much tells the tale. Google for other articles on the guy.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2013/01/former_ellis_county_observer_p.phpb

I cant get this to open. However I have read several articles on this guy, and I'm sure thinking there's a connection with Amber. Possibly this case too.
a thought.... LE said the people of saginaw and the surrounding area didnt need to be in fear, that this was an isolated incident. (Not a quote) Could they be saying that because BNF lives out of state (perhaps having been visiting texas at time of abduction) and they have him under surveillance?
(Providing he's on their radar) for this crime.

Not those specific streets, but a non-verified local said trash still lined the streets at 1:20pm on Bridal (maybe Bridle?). This can probably be found in the last few pages of the previous thread.

Do we know what time expected pick up was?
During holiday weeks (in my neighborhood), they get off schedule.

Thanks all. I'm not clear what the child mol charges have to do with the County Observer site, though....... The whole thing is very weird, IMO.

Here is the post I was speaking of. They were not on the same street but I believe close to the general area. Maybe we can map it and be able to estimate possible time frame. If we can find the citys website regarding trash pick up that would help us to.

Thread: Found Deceased TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 01 July 2013 - #5 View Single Post
#995 Yesterday, 08:48 PM
lunchbox
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by texashello
Thank you for the welcome! Trash had not been picked up at 1:20 when I was on Bridal Trail on the day of the murder. Alanna's street of Babbling Brook is off of Bridal Trail. There was a very large amount of trash on Bridal Trail at 1:20 pm and it was a trash day.

I don't really know what to think of the red truck. I think it's probably related somehow but I really don't know how.

Another note, the airport that some have mentioned in Saginaw hasn't been active for many years.

There is a hanger and some other buildings there that have been abandoned for many years.

Seriously, I was also on Bridle Trail that day somewhere between 1 & 1:30. We just passed each other!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lunchbox For This Useful Post: Remove Your Thanks
gitana1, human, hytime, menmo, mysticrose

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased TX - Alanna Gallagher, 6, Saginaw, 01 July 2013 - #5

Quick footnote here: Michael Blair remains in prison on other charges, so even if his exoneration was in error (and there is no claim it was), he could not be responsible for Alanna.

Yes, but since he didn't kill Ashley...HER killer could be responsible for Alanna.

His exoneration was not an error. There was hair that they said was his (knowing it was not.) The DNA under her fingernails was also not his. There was nothing physical to link him to her. He was a bad, sick man, and he is where he belongs..but he has been ruled out as her murderer.

ETA: I read what you wrote wrong. I agree that he couldn't have killed Alanna, but whoever killed Ashley could have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam