GUILTY TX - Alex, 59, & Ryan Tanner, 23, shot to death, Fairview, 17 May 2013

If you check collincad.org you can see that the listed owner of the house in Fairview, TX is the same as the company that filed the eviction notice. Also interesting details on the internet as to the cause of the other son's death back in 2005.

Welcome, JeremyAtticus! Very interesting...will see what I can find about the death of the other son.

Paul Tanner charged with murder of son, grandson in Fairview

http://www.scntx.com/articles/2013/05/20/news_update/1092.txt

An 82-year-old man has been charged with the murder of his son and grandson in Fairview.

Paul Alexander Tanner Sr. is in police custody for allegedly shooting Paul Alexander Tanner Jr., 59, and Ryan Dawson Tanner, 23. He was arrested Friday at a medical facility where he is still being held. Collin County Sheriff's Office spokesman John Norton said he could not release the name of the facility or the reason the suspect was there.

“We have significant evidence that points to him being the shooter,” Norton said.

More at link.....

That was a bizarre death! I'm starting to wonder how many people were in some way dependent on him (to the point where his daughter-in-law calls HIM instead of 911 when she found her husband)?

I sure hope some more info comes forth on this.

Article dated 5/22 but has some new information:

http://www.southlaketimes.com/articles/2013/05/26/mckinney_courier-gazette/news/8242.txt

Tanner Sr. is the investor behind a failed bid to build a $750 million domed stadium in downtown Las Vegas in 1996, a source confirmed.

Fairview Police Chief Granver Tolliver said both victims died of gunshot wounds to the head. Paul Tanner was shot once in the chest and once in the head. Ryan Tanner was shot twice in the head. They had been dead several days before police discovered the bodies, Tolliver said.

He said police are analyzing several weapons they recovered.

"At this time, we still do not know exactly when the victims were killed or what precipitated this tragic event," Tolliver said.

Jailhouse Interview: Man Denies Murdering Son & Grandson

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/05/29/jailhouse-interview-man-denies-murdering-son-grandson/

.........The 82-year-old, rolled into the interview in a wheel chair, beginning the interview with these words: “I just want to tell you right now that I didn’t do it.”........

“My son was my sole care taker, partner and best friend – and my grandson, likewise,” said Tanner.

Tanner said he has heart problems and was in no condition to commit a double murder..........

The chief says Tanner is the one and only suspect.

Tanner, meanwhile, is saying very little about the night of the murders.

More with interview video at link.....

August 2016:

86-year-old Collin County man sentenced to life in prison for fatally shooting son, grandson

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2016/08/02/86-year-old-collin-county-man-found-guilty-violent-shootings-son-grandson

A double-murder conviction for 86-year-old Paul Tanner Sr. — convicted of killing his own son and grandson — may have put a tragic exclamation point on the sad trials of a once-thriving Collin County family.

A frail-looking Tanner sat slumped in his wheelchair, bowing his head slightly as the guilty verdicts were read Tuesday after nearly seven hours of jury deliberation. The punishment phase of the trial took just minutes before District Judge Ray Wheless imposed a life sentence for the violent slayings.

Prosecutors said the former millionaire shot 59-year-old Paul Alexander Tanner Jr., who was also known as Alex, and 23-year-old Ryan Dawson Tanner because he was going broke and didn't want them to live in poverty. Their decomposed bodies were found May 17, 2013, in a home the three men shared in the small town of Fairview, located along Highway 75 between Allen and McKinney.

Defense attorneys said they don't believe the state proved its case beyond a reasonable doubt and plan to appeal.

Evidence at the trial — which was delayed for two weeks because of Tanner's health problems —indicated that the family had been traveling down a rocky road that included a host of financial troubles, drug abuse and internal strife.

I wasn't familiar with this case, but after reading everything, it sounds like the eldest Tanner suffered from anxiety and depression R/T, business failings, mega financial problems, drug problems with his son and grandson, and probably thought ending their lives, and attempting to end his own life, was the best solution. Terrible tragedy when things happen like this, leaving a mother and sister without their family. I agree with the life sentence, although it will probably be a relatively short one.
Prayers for Brenda and Ashley.

I wasn't familiar with this case, but after reading everything, it sounds like the eldest Tanner suffered from anxiety and depression R/T, business failings, mega financial problems, drug problems with his son and grandson, and probably thought ending their lives, and attempting to end his own life, was the best solution. Terrible tragedy when things happen like this, leaving a mother and sister without their family. I agree with the life sentence, although it will probably be a relatively short one.
Prayers for Brenda and Ashley.
Paul senior passed away last month while in prison
I'm sorry I don't have a MSM link. I can't find one. I'm a family member.

Sorry you and your family have had to deal with so many deaths over the past few years. Hope y'all are all doing alright.

Ryan was an awesome young man. He was best friends with my son for many years. As a teen, he had a tremendous love for life. RIP

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back