Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

I keep coming back to the idea of her having had a burner phone and running off with someone she had contact with using only a different device. If it had been a kidnapping by a stranger it seems like way too big a coincidence for her to have left all her traceable items inside the building when she was nabbed. And if it was a planned departure I think she left them there on purpose.

I believe her dad would’ve had access to a list of apps she has downloaded and deleted from her phone, and she probably knew that and therefore if she was connecting with people he wouldn’t have approved of, she surely wouldn’t have done so via the phone that was tied to an account he had permissions to access.

to me, it does pint to the likelihood that she had a burner device. If so, could the police acquire cell data showing pings from an unidentifiable device that had been coming from their home? That also pinged a network from Boomerjacks? And her school? Etc. If so, and if she is still using that device, it could be used to locate her.

If the black car wasn’t her intended ride that night where was the car she told her Dad she had a ride home with?

Good point. If she wasn't intending to get in that car then how had she arranged to get home that night? If there was nothing arranged it indicates she was expecting the person out back....I hope we find this detail out.

MOO

Straight A students with what appears to be an idyllic home life run away sometimes.
No matter how mature her father thinks she is. Working in an establishment that is perhaps more adult than family oriented. With older people.
Pressure to be perfect.
Keep grades up even during Covid.
I think this was a planned disappearance.
Please let her be found safe soon.
JMO

The weather! People have been miserable all over Texas and have literally just been trying to survive, people and animals freezing to death. Nothing much else was covered during this time, unfortunately for Lexi.
Also I think LE are mostly treating this as a runaway case. They may have more info than we know.

I understand that, but...this started on 2/8. Bad weather didn't strike until 2/13. Sounds like LE didn't even do the first interviews until maybe Wednesday 2/10 or so.

I commend how much work her father has done to raise public awareness, but LE has the biggest megaphone out there. AFAIK there hasn't been a press conference or any kind of press release (and thus little MSM coverage).

Someone upthread suggested LE was quiet because they were waiting for tips but I wonder how much of the public awareness is out there when the only major coverage has been a YouTube interview and some posts on Facebook pages?

Straight A students with what appears to be an idyllic home life run away sometimes.
No matter how mature her father thinks she is. Working in an establishment that is perhaps more adult than family oriented. With older people.
Pressure to be perfect.
Keep grades up even during Covid.
I think this was a planned disappearance.
Please let her be found safe soon.
JMO
Laid-Back Grown-Up Playroom, Sports Bar & Restaurant.

We made BoomerJack’s for you. So you’d have a place to chill out, sip on tasty 29-degree cold beers, snack on mouth-watering food, hang with friends, and watch your favorite teams play.

You’ll never end up in a bad seat thanks to our wall-to-wall TVs. And our all-season, backyard-style patios are covered with them. We’ve got happy hour all day and drink specials starting at $1.95 — and your taste buds? They’ll never forget our juice hamburgers, fresh-cut fries, addictive wings and craft-kitchen dishes — all prepared fresh every day.
BoomerJack's Grill

Alexis was a hostess/cashier right? How long had she been working at BJG? I agree that Alexis may have caught the eye and attention of someone older. Grooming could have occurred, then she is convinced and/or forced to go away with that person.

My thing is how did they communicate? Only at work? Someone would have noticed the attention. Burner phone?

I understand that, but...this started on 2/8. Bad weather didn't strike until 2/13. Sounds like LE didn't even do the first interviews until maybe Wednesday 2/10 or so.

I commend how much work her father has done to raise public awareness, but LE has the biggest megaphone out there. AFAIK there hasn't been a press conference or any kind of press release (and thus little MSM coverage).

Someone upthread suggested LE was quiet because they were waiting for tips but I wonder how much of the public awareness is out there when the only major coverage has been a YouTube interview and some posts on Facebook pages?
That’s true, they were quiet even before the storm. I really think they suspect a runaway and probably have all along. Obviously this isn’t good b/c it might not be! LE has a habit of not taking teen disappearances as seriously as they should. And probably most of the time the teen IS voluntarily missing, but IMO every person who disappears should be assumed to be in danger. I still think the weather has hampered any efforts that would normally be made after a week of her not showing up though. It’s so unfortunate. Maybe now that it’s getting back to normal more will be done? I hope so.

That’s true, they were quiet even before the storm. I really think they suspect a runaway and probably have all along. Obviously this isn’t good b/c it might not be! LE has a habit of not taking teen disappearances as seriously as they should. And probably most of the time the teen IS voluntarily missing, but IMO every person who disappears should be assumed to be in danger. I still think the weather has hampered any efforts that would normally be made after a week of her not showing up though. It’s so unfortunate. Maybe now that it’s getting back to normal more will be done? I hope so.
Agree with everything in your post. I could add more, but it would likely start a poo storm, so won't. I'm getting smarter. : )

It's going to take a while to clean up after the devastating storm. Unfortunately, I think the family and friends are going to have to be the prime on finding the missing teen; at least for now.

If she is able to, she should be resurfacing right about now. Every day that goes by is more and more worrying.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I try not to go on Facebook, because I just hate half the stuff I see there. And @GMS mentioned this in an earlier post and I didn't take the time to look then, but Lexi's January profile pictures on FB don't look at all like the missing photos we see at the beginning of this thread or on the billboard photos I've seen. I've been reading this thread for about 10 days, and if FB "profile picture" Alexis came to my front door today asking for directions, I wouldn't think for a moment that it was missing Alexis. Missing Alexis looks like she'd stay at the library past closing hours because she was so focused on her homework that she didn't hear the closing call. Profile Alexis - not so much. Kids that age can grow up quickly. If those billboards show only "Library Lexi", they are of little use in my opinion. Multiple photo arrays are critical in cases like this. Runaway, or not, I hope LE starts looking for both Lexi's.

Last edited:
I try not to go on Facebook, because I just hate half the stuff I see there. And @GMS mentioned this in an earlier post I didn't take the time to look, but Lexi's January profile pictures on FB don't look at all like the missing photos we see at the beginning of this thread or on the billboard photos I've seen. I've been reading this thread for about 10 days, and if FB "profile picture" Alexis came to my front door today asking for directions, I wouldn't think for a moment that it was missing Alexis. Missing Alexis looks like she'd stay at the library past closing hours because she was so focused on her homework that she didn't hear the closing call. Profile Alexis - not so much. Kids that age can grow up quickly. If those billboards show only "Library Lexi", they are of little use in my opinion. Multiple photo arrays are critical in cases like this. Runaway, or not, I hope LE starts looking for both Lexi's.
Great point Spider92! It’s so quiet about this, other than Dad pushing.

Good point. If she wasn't intending to get in that car then how had she arranged to get home that night? If there was nothing arranged it indicates she was expecting the person out back....I hope we find this detail out.

MOO

True, but the cook couldn't even confirm she got in the car. Was it just the cook and Alexis when they left? All that is known is from the interview with DC, correct? DC briefly discussed the cook's account, as this person allegedly saw AC leave, but he didn't stress any major details. IMO it seemed like the cook didn't see much, unable to confirm AC got into the car. Footage is critical. Or other witnesses. It was the night of the Super Bowl. I don't think the area was packed, but certainly there were people around.

It was late. She's young. It's possible she was forced into the car, or was lied to and didn't know what was happening. No one saw her get into the car. Hard for me to imagine she planned all of this in advance. She would have known people could see her. She's not 8, she's 16. She's young but she's a smart working teenager. DC seems like he himself would be aware that his daughter could use a burner phone. Is the idea that she met someone communicating secretly before work and left with that person from work and disappeared? It's possible. But in a restaurant environment with drunk strangers and people who know how she gets to and from work, IMO it's more likely someone did something to her. I want more information. I want to see the CCTV footage. Thinking of Lexi.

Also thinking about my friend who just lost his father, unexpectedly... a kind, wise man. Probably not for WS, but we're all humans behind the screen, navigating the highs and lows. IMO It takes a sympathetic person to be active on this site, trying to help people, so I believe that by reading this you are sending your regards and are sorry for the loss. You don't need to say it. It has been a tough year for all. Tell the people you love that you love them, and explain why. Thanks for reading this. Sorry if it's against the rules - I do not want to shift attention away from Lexi. She was last seen two weeks ago. If she left on her own, we need to find her and locate the car she left the restaurant in and the person she left with. If someone took her, we need to find her and the car she left in and the person she left with. Maybe because it's Monday there will be an update. IMO it is long overdue. This girl has a lot more to do in life.

True, but the cook couldn't even confirm she got in the car. Was it just the cook and Alexis when they left? All that is known is from the interview with DC, correct? DC briefly discussed the cook's account, as this person allegedly saw AC leave, but he didn't stress any major details. IMO it seemed like the cook didn't see much, unable to confirm AC got into the car. Footage is critical. Or other witnesses. It was the night of the Super Bowl. I don't think the area was packed, but certainly there were people around.

It was late. She's young. It's possible she was forced into the car, or was lied to and didn't know what was happening. No one saw her get into the car. Hard for me to imagine she planned all of this in advance. She would have known people could see her. She's not 8, she's 16. She's young but she's a smart working teenager. DC seems like he himself would be aware that his daughter could use a burner phone. Is the idea that she met someone communicating secretly before work and left with that person from work and disappeared? It's possible. But in a restaurant environment with drunk strangers and people who know how she gets to and from work, IMO it's more likely someone did something to her. I want more information. I want to see the CCTV footage. Thinking of Lexi.

Also thinking about my friend who just lost his father, unexpectedly... a kind, wise man. Probably not for WS, but we're all humans behind the screen, navigating the highs and lows. IMO It takes a sympathetic person to be active on this site, trying to help people, so I believe that by reading this you are sending your regards and are sorry for the loss. You don't need to say it. It has been a tough year for all. Tell the people you love that you love them, and explain why. Thanks for reading this. Sorry if it's against the rules - I do not want to shift attention away from Lexi. She was last seen two weeks ago. If she left on her own, we need to find her and locate the car she left the restaurant in and the person she left with. If someone took her, we need to find her and the car she left in and the person she left with. Maybe because it's Monday there will be an update. IMO it is long overdue. This girl has a lot more to do in life.
Love your post! I’m praying for an update with a located safe Lexi. I’m trying very hard to remain optimistic.

The cook being the only one who saw her genuiely should be questioned more i still don't know why no one has any information on the CCTV footage as that's obviously a very critical part. Like someone mentioned before it was super bowl night so there were people around so two things could have happened either they used the back because a fancy black sedan would catch attention in the front or another possibility is because it isn't a quiet night it wouldn't be shady for a car to appear in the back

Did they ask the cook about how fast the car drove away? was it at a normal speed because then it's likely that she was familiar with the people in the car or did the car peel away fast that would show that they were trying to get her out fast

Did they ask the cook about how fast the car drove away? was it at a normal speed because then it's likely that she was familiar with the people in the car or did the car peel away fast that would show that they were trying to get her out fast
I still would like to know , as I’m sure others would also , if the cook and Alexis were the only ones there that night ? I know we know very limited info but personally I’m having a hard time believing this mystery car , and Alexis walking out at night in big sunglasses .

moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back