Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

I feel so sad for the family, too. The “Yes ma’am” and “No ma’am” tells me a lot about the family. No boy would be allowed to pick Lexi up without coming to the door. Dad probably knows a lot of her friends, but doesn’t seem too familiar with her coworkers.

Lexi is not a tiny girl at 5’10” and 150 and she looks fit and athletic. I think she could probably be a handful if anyone tried to restrain her bare handed, but it’s a different story if a weapon is involved.

I still don’t think Lexi left voluntarily. Why would she work til the end of her shift? If she had planned on leaving, why not leave work early and get a few hours head start before Dad realized she was gone? I believe I read that they live less than a mile from the restaurant. She texted her Dad at 11:30 that she was getting ready to leave and had a ride.

Eta because I accidentally hit “Post”

The next day was Super Bowl Sunday, so she could have texted that she was working late to get everything prepped for the next day. That could have given her an hour or two head start.

It’s still possible that this was planned, but I just don’t see it.

MOO
IMO

I jumped around a little through the pages. I do agree with a few posters on here, that more pics of her need to be shared on how she really looks most of the time, which forgive me for being insensitive, but more an attractive-looking adult, than a bookworm child. When I was a younger adult, I worked with underage teens at an eating establishment, and loser guys see what they wanna see. With Lexi being 5'10, they look past the fact that it is still attached to a young, underage face. The sister admitted in the video above that they just had a spat. I'm assuming this isn't the family's first. If she had some older man grooming her from the outside, he could have convinced her NOW is the time to finally ditch them. This is my only belief that his will end happily, vs this being a random abduction, whose purpose is to sex traffic.

This has to be a nightmare for her family. My 18 called me near her job one day, and suddenly the line went dead. I called her back and didn't get her. We too have the tracking app, and it showed her at the bus stop near her job. Despite her not answering her phone, the location of her cell hadn't changed. I jumped in my car and began the 15-mile drive to her job, all the while continuing to call repeatedly, as my wife did the same. That half-hour ride was the worst feeling in the world, especially considering how I follow missing cases, and have posted here for years and now how this goes. All I kept thinking was that there would be a post about my family, and you guys would be discussing it. I got within one mile from her job when my wife called and said our son had reached her via phone. Turns out she turned off her cell at the bus stop, which froze her positioning. My so, who was also worried blew up her cell till she turned it back on when getting off a connecting train. She beat me home, and my wife told her, "I'd avoid Daddy for a little while if I were you." As glad as we were for a happy ending, my wife ripped her a new one.

I'm glad I jumped out there. I bet you so many parents sit... and regret it later for not being more proactive. When the father said he went back to sleep, I was like, "F no!" She's 16, working around grown azz men. I would have been waiting for that late after work. I know it might now have helped with this case per se, but I would have made the effort. Prayers for her safe return.

Edit: Just because I think she left voluntarily ( she was told to leave behind cell because of tracking, and cards so they won't be used to track her later) , doesn't mean I don't think she's not over her head. Many young girls, find themselves in precarious positions when they are first venturing out. Most end up with a cool story they tell their friends later, how mysterious and thrilling the experience was. They omit the part where they found themselves being completely terrified when they were in a bedroom with some strange guy they just met, and nobody knew where they were.

Last edited:
I jumped around a little through the pages. I do agree with a few posters on here, that more pics of her need to be shared on how she really looks most of the time, which forgive me for being insensitive, but more an attractive-looking adult, than a bookworm child. When I was a younger adult, I worked with underage teens at an eating establishment, and loser guys see what they wanna see. With Lexi being 5'10, they look past the fact that it is still attached to a young, underage face. The sister admitted in the video above that they just had a spat. I'm assuming this isn't the family's first. If she had some older man grooming her from the outside, he could have convinced her NOW is the time to finally ditch them. This is my only belief that his will end happily, vs this being a random abduction, whose purpose is to sex traffic.

This has to be a nightmare for her family. My 18 called me near her job one day, and suddenly the line went dead. I called her back and didn't get her. We too have the tracking app, and it showed her at the bus stop near her job. Despite her not answering her phone, the location of her cell hadn't changed. I jumped in my car and began the 15-mile drive to her job, all the while continuing to call repeatedly, as my wife did the same. That half-hour ride was the worst feeling in the world, especially considering how I follow missing cases, and have posted here for years and now how this goes. All I kept thinking was that there would be a post about my family, and you guys would be discussing it. I got within one mile from her job when my wife called and said our son had reached her via phone. Turns out she turned off her cell at the bus stop, which froze her positioning. My so, who was also worried blew up her cell till she turned it back on when getting off a connecting train. She beat me home, and my wife told her, "I'd avoid Daddy for a little while if I were you." As glad as we were for a happy ending, my wife ripped her a new one.

I'm glad I jumped out there. I bet you so many parents sit... and regret it later for not being more proactive. When the father said he went back to sleep, I was like, "F no!" She's 16, working around grown azz men. I would have been waiting for that late after work. I know it might now have helped with this case per se, but I would have made the effort. Prayers for her safe return.

Edit: Just because I think she left voluntarily ( she was told to leave behind cell because of tracking, and cards so they won't be used to track her later) , doesn't mean I don't think she's not over her head. Many young girls, find themselves in precarious positions when they are first venturing out. Most end up with a cool story they tell their friends later, how mysterious and thrilling the experience was. They omit the part where they found themselves being completely terrified when they were in a bedroom with some strange guy they just met, and nobody knew where they were.
What I’m confused about is the cook. Something doesn’t make sense, because he saw her go out to talk to this car, but he doesn’t know if she went inside the car ? Also according to information that I’ve seen he was the main one providing this information about this mystery car. So wouldn’t that be kind of strange if she never came back in the restaurant? Like wouldn’t he wonder where she was? Especially if he was the last one closing up the restaurant?

Also there’s another way to look at her phone and her cards being left there, that could’ve been intended to make it look like she abruptly left and was told to get in this car quickly or didn’t want to be tracked. Or the perp just didn’t think about where her phone her cards were??

moo

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Regarding the facebook photos, I think the pictures on the missing billboards/flyers are simply the ones her dad chose. She looks more "studious", perhaps. She's wearing glasses. The photos she uploaded herself are typical of a teenage girl, choosing the photos she think she looks best in. Most people do that, not just teenage girls. There is a photo she posted about working with "her twin". IMO that is a photo of someone else. I don't want to speculate who it is. Teenagers say "twin" and it can mean close friend or a sibling, not a literal twin. Some may be thinking that photo is the one that looks quite different from Lexi. Otherwise, her personally uploaded "selfie" type pictures look totally normal for a teenage girl trying to look her best and impress people. The missing flyer photos just look like pictures her dad thought represented Lexi well. Basically a concerned parent making decisions re: picture choice versus a teenager on social media. JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> Regarding the facebook photos, I think the pictures on the missing billboards/flyers are simply the ones her dad chose. She looks more "studious", perhaps. She's wearing glasses. The photos she uploaded herself are typical of a teenage girl, choosing the photos she think she looks best in. Most people do that, not just teenage girls. There is a photo she posted about working with "her twin". IMO that is a photo of someone else. I don't want to speculate who it is. Teenagers say "twin" and it can mean close friend or a sibling, not a literal twin. Some may be thinking that photo is the one that looks quite different from Lexi. Otherwise, her personally uploaded "selfie" type pictures look totally normal for a teenage girl trying to look her best and impress people. The missing flyer photos just look like pictures her dad thought represented Lexi well. Basically a concerned parent making decisions re: picture choice versus a teenager on social media. JMO.
I agree with you. I also think the dad is questioning the story about the car outside too... I just don’t think he’s buying it .

moo

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview with sister:

Not sure if anyone has posted a recap of this. I saw someone refer to the "yes ma'am" "no ma'am", which I noticed. The sister is well spoken, seems to have a calm demeanor. Her face is not shown during the interview. She said there was a family disagreement the day prior, but that she confirmed with Lexi that Lexi was fine. The sister said Lexi promised that she and her sister were okay. I note "she and her sister" because she said Lexi said "I promise...me and you are okay". That is the wording her sister used. Just an observation. But the sister also made it clear that the family issue was resolved and that's the impression she got from Lexi.

Her dad woke sister up at 4:30 AM on Sunday morning, February 7th, and said Lexi didn't come home. She said he checked her room and the cameras - saw no sign of her coming home. So the house has cameras. She described Lexi as "quiet, sticks to herself, great laugh, great smile, respectful, well-mannered, loves her family". Also added she "deeply cares about people she just meets, is a loving person", which IMO could suggest she would've been friendly to anyone, impressionable, willing to help strangers, and could thus be vulnerable.

Her sister is well spoken like DC. She said Lexi wants to be an obstetrician. Lexi seems like a smart girl with big plans, trying to figure out life as a teenager. If Lexi confided in someone that she had an issue at home, that someone could have tried to take advantage of the situation. She went outside with the intention of coming back. JMO. I don't know how much credibility the cook story has. Just thinking out loud. Someone else / a camera had to have seen more than this flimsy account from the cook, who couldn't confirm she got in a car at all.

I don't know about the checking texts part, but if your phone contacts are linked to an email account, like gmail, then you could access the contacts there also. But that's assuming her dad had her email login info...

Is it possible that her dad simply had her friends' contact info listed on his phone without actually accessing them remotely? I don't remember if he specifically said in the interview.

Re: the missing posters, yes the billboards do have the one with her in glasses, but some of the missing posters use some of her Facebook profile photos (so they are more representative of what she looks like or at least how she wants to show herself to the world).

It is a bit of a peculiar choice that the billboards use a photo of her with blonde/brown hair and wearing glasses, while some missing posters show her with blonde hair and no glasses (they're perched on her forehead).

Is it possible that her dad simply had her friends' contact info listed on his phone without actually accessing them remotely? I don't remember if he specifically said in the interview.
There are several different apps parents use that would give him access to her contacts . Life 360 is one that’s common.
It’s actually IMO extremely smart to have these apps , especially if a situation like this occurs . I think he was a good dad, and I’m sure he is absolutely worried to death .

moo

There are several different apps parents use that would give him access to her contacts . Life 360 is one that’s common.
It’s actually IMO extremely smart to have these apps , especially if a situation like this occurs . I think he was a good dad, and I’m sure he is absolutely worried to death .

moo

Don’t you think her contacts would have already called Dad or sister telling them what they know?

Laid-Back Grown-Up Playroom, Sports Bar & Restaurant.

We made BoomerJack’s for you. So you’d have a place to chill out, sip on tasty 29-degree cold beers, snack on mouth-watering food, hang with friends, and watch your favorite teams play.

You’ll never end up in a bad seat thanks to our wall-to-wall TVs. And our all-season, backyard-style patios are covered with them. We’ve got happy hour all day and drink specials starting at $1.95 — and your taste buds? They’ll never forget our juice hamburgers, fresh-cut fries, addictive wings and craft-kitchen dishes — all prepared fresh every day.
BoomerJack's Grill

Alexis was a hostess/cashier right? How long had she been working at BJG? I agree that Alexis may have caught the eye and attention of someone older. Grooming could have occurred, then she is convinced and/or forced to go away with that person.

My thing is how did they communicate? Only at work? Someone would have noticed the attention. Burner phone?

Okay, so I think this post was one of the most notable that sparked any speculation in my mind. I think it could be a TOTALLY plausible scenario that she was groomed by a regular patron of the restaurant or at least someone she met there. Maybe she saw him enough that she started trusting him, slipped her a phone number, etc.

I also wanted to make a note about the photos. If Lexi is being trafficked or is without all of her personal things, there is a good chance she won't look like done up Lexi and will look more like no make up/glasses versus contacts etc. She won't have access to make up, nice clothes, etc. If she is being trafficked they may even cut/dye her hair etc.

Its baffling to me that we have so little to go off of at this point. I get the sense from what I've read that maybe she was being groomed and this was their attempt at getting her to come silently. She maybe was like "no I don't want to leave my family behind" and maybe they threatened her with losing them who maybe she cared for or some kind of promise they had been leading her with. She was probably upset about this threat and maybe was crying and they told her to just come out and talk to them and they made their move. Maybe out of line with their plan.

Really looking forward to getting CCTV information if it is available. I can't find anyone but WS really talking about this.

Its baffling to me that we have so little to go off of at this point. I get the sense from what I've read that maybe she was being groomed and this was their attempt at getting her to come silently. She maybe was like "no I don't want to leave my family behind" and maybe they threatened her with losing them who maybe she cared for or some kind of promise they had been leading her with. She was probably upset about this threat and maybe was crying and they told her to just come out and talk to them and they made their move. Maybe out of line with their plan.
BBM. There's also something that made the police believe that she's a runaway. You can find it if you look. Her father also said something to the effect of "Even if she did run away...". IMO her coworkers would notice if there was a customer that she was getting close to. Someone must know something, unless she has another circle of friends/acquaintances, totally separate from work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy
Back