Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

Great post TXsluether. You've summed up the scenario well.
I just don't know with this case. Last evening I watched and read everything I could find. This seems like a terrific family with well behaved and accomplished kids. Now that doesn't mean they don't do unpredictable things, but I'm finding it very hard to believe that this bright gal wouldn't have contacted the family by now, and certainly after the devastating storm that ripped through Texas.

I'm considering this disappearance as foul play, and I think LE should too. Wouldn't it be nice if I were wrong and she popped back up? I fear for Alexis.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I keep thinking about Lexi and what her family must be going through and I keep playing out different scenarios in my head about what may have happened - here is what I have concluded which of course is my opinion and I am purely speculating....

we’ve heard four facts about that night:
- her phone / cc were found in the restaurant
- she walked up to a car outside
- told her dad she had a ride home
- she walked out wearing sunglasses

One very logical reason for her phone/cc to be at the restaurant is that she never left the restaurant. If that was the case, then I believe the case would have gotten more coverage and attention. I have to believe by now, the cook’s story has been confirmed by LE with surveillance videos showing her leaving. More importantly, I’ve read SM posts by friends/family in the last day or so saying “she is out there”. So I think she did indeed leave the restaurant and they know that.

Another logical explanation is that she ran away willingly and left her stuff behind so she is not tracked. Couldn’t she also have put her phone in airplane mode to avoid being tracked? Or turned off location? A teenager wouldn’t want to leave her phone behind with all her photos, apps, etc. I also don’t think she forgot them behind. She remembered to take her glasses? Why forget everything else. For that reason, I don’t think she ran away.

I really think she walked out with the intentions of coming right back to the restaurant - that explains why her belongings were left behind. I think she walked out to talk to someone she knew - a quick chat, a quick smoke, something. I don’t think who came in that car was her ride, if it was she would have taken her stuff with her. Someone she trusted enough to sit in the car with willingly - not shoved in or anything. That would explain why this isn’t an abduction and why no Amber alerts (again by now the cook’s story is confirmed via videos and LE saw her get in the car). And that driver took off. In the eyes of LE she left willingly; in the eyes of her family she is out there and in danger because she is with someone she isn’t supposed to be with and why it’s a one man show for her poor dad to find his daughter :(

Poke holes in my theory but that’s the only thing that makes sense to me. Still can’t figure out the need for sunglasses at night though.

I don't think we can say with certainty that she wouldn't want to leave her phone behind. I think it's unlikely, but still possible/plausible, depending on her situation. The fact that she walked out wearing her sunglasses also makes it more likely she did leave purposely.

Of course, this all hinges entirely on the cook's account being accurate. We're also assuming that is "fact" and that police must've confirmed it, but we're assuming that, too.

The sunglasses go against the "just stepped out" theory and so does the likeliness that no coworker has been identified as her prearranged ride.
The sunglasses are puzzling I agree. Were they on her face or was she holding them I forget. Maybe there are not hers and they belong to whomever is in that car, hence she stepped out to give them back. Or they are hers and she was selling them.

The sunglasses go against the "just stepped out" theory and so does the likeliness that no coworker has been identified as her prearranged ride.
The sunglasses are puzzling I agree. Were they on her face or was she holding them I forget. Maybe there are not hers and they belong to whomever is in that car, hence she stepped out to give them back. Or they are hers and she was selling them.

They very well may have, we just haven’t been told.

That is possible. However if that is the case it makes it more likely (IMO) that this is foul play as opposed to a runaway situation. And LE does not seem to be treating it like foul play. All speculation as the other scenarios are possible, just seeming less probable.

MOO

I think the cook said that she put the sunglasses on as she went out, so they were likely hers.

Angeline Hartmann

UPDATE: Just spoke with Lexi's dad. He is overwhelmed by all of your support and is very grateful. Dad believes Lexi is alive but may be in danger.
This by AH is why I said what I said above in my long post. Her responses to some of the questions also implies the family knows she left and the cooks story is accurate. That leaves two options - 1) she ran away and purposely left her stuff behind.
2) she walked out to take care of something with intentions on coming back and things took a different turn.

I am still in the option 2 camp. She could have easily kept her phone and turned off tracking if her intentions were to run away without her whereabouts being known.

IF the cook’s account is accurate, as far as the sunglasses, since it really doesn’t make sense to wear sunglasses inside or outside into the pitch dark of night, I think it’s possible something might have happened right before Lexi stepped outside which triggered her to become upset, and she put her sunglasses on to hide she was upset/teary-eyed because she didn’t want anyone she had to walk by/past on her way out of the restaurant to see her in such a state. I think most? people wouldn’t want their coworkers or any patrons perhaps still lingering in the restaurant to see them upset/teary, not want to draw attention to themselves in that kind of state.

IF the cook has any involvement, IMO, the sunglasses are a very odd detail to add to a made up story.

At any rate, based on the limited amount of info, right now I am leaning toward something happened to upset Lexi, and she stepped outside to either: cool off/down for a few minutes in order to collect herself/gather her composure;
went outside to meet someone she’d been arguing with (secret older boyfriend perhaps), and this person pulled up out back unexpectedly and texted her, hey I’m here out back, please come out so we can talk, I promise just for a few minutes, I just need to see you etc; random stranger coaxed her into their car while she was outside trying to collect herself and absconded with her. (very low on my list of possibilities).
Whatever the reason Lexi left the restaurant when she did, I believe she intended on stepping out for just a few minutes and intended to go back inside to finish her duties and collect her things, phone, cc’s etc., but met with some sort of foul play outside the restaurant after stepping out.

While it’s possible this was planned and Lexi ran away, it’s last on my list of possibilities at the moment, subject to change if more info is released. The reason I find the planned, runaway scenario less possible/probable is, why go to work as per usual part of her routine? IMO, most teenagers runaway in the middle of the night and/or at least take some of their belongings with them when they leave. Actually, it would be the best scenario if Lexi ran away as chances of her still being alive are greater in a planned runaway scenario but personally, I think she’d have taken more of her belongings with her if she ran away. I also think Lexi would’ve contacted her family by now to let them know she’s ok/safe.

I’m sure by now LE has reviewed surveillance and phone records, which hopefully have given them a certain direction in their investigation. We don’t know what LE knows, but I hope by this point they at least have some idea of what happened, and Lexi’s family will have answers soon.

All of the above is speculation and MOO.

ETA-clarity

Last edited:
A bit of a wild card speculation....did Alexis put on sunglasses because she had received a black eye sometime during her shift? One would think a co-worker would certainly be aware of this detail, but just throwing ideas out there.

Amateur opinion and speculation

IF the cook’s account is accurate, as far as the sunglasses, since it really doesn’t make sense to wear sunglasses inside or outside into the pitch dark of night, I think something might have happened right before Lexi stepped outside which triggered her to become upset, and she put her sunglasses on to hide she was upset/teary-eyed because she didn’t want anyone she had to walk by/past on her way out of the restaurant to see she her in such a state. I think most? people wouldn’t want their coworkers or any patrons perhaps still in the restaurant, to see them crying, wouldn’t want to draw attention to themselves in that kind of state.

IF the cook has any involvement, IMO, the sunglasses are a very odd detail to add to a made up story.

At any rate, based on the limited amount of info, right now I am leaning toward something happened to upset Lexi, and she stepped outside to either: cool off/down for a few minutes in order to collect herself/gather composure;
went outside to meet someone she’d been arguing with, this person pulled up out back unexpectedly and texted her, hey I’m here out back, please come out so we can talk, I promise just for a few minutes, I just need to see you etc; random stranger coaxed her into their car while she was outside trying to collect herself and absconded with her. (very low on my list of possibilities).
Whatever the reason she left the restaurant when she did, I believe she intended on stepping out for only a few minutes and intended to go back inside to finish her duties and collect her things, phone, cc’s etc., but met with some sort of foul play outside the restaurant after stepping out.

While it’s possible this was planned and Lexi ran away, it’s last on my list of possibilities at the moment. The reason I find the planned, runaway scenario less possible/probable is, why go to work as per usual part of her routine? IMO, most teenagers runaway in the middle of the night and/or at least take some of their belongings with them. Actually it would be the best scenario if Lexi ran away as chances of her still being alive are greater in a planned runaway scenario, but personally, I think she’d have taken more of her things with her if she ran away, and would’ve contacted her family by now to let them know she’s ok/safe.

I’m sure by now LE has reviewed surveillance and reviewed phone records, which hopefully have given
them a certain direction in their investigation. We don’t know what LE knows, but I hope by this point they at least have some idea of what happened and Lexi’s family will have answers soon.

All of the above IMHOO
I hadn't thought of crying. Maybe she was crying because she knew she was leaving that part of her life behind for the promise of a better life and it made her sad. MOO

IF the cook’s account is accurate, as far as the sunglasses, since it really doesn’t make sense to wear sunglasses inside or outside into the pitch dark of night, I think it’s possible something might have happened right before Lexi stepped outside which triggered her to become upset, and she put her sunglasses on to hide she was upset/teary-eyed because she didn’t want anyone she had to walk by/past on her way out of the restaurant to see her in such a state. I think most? people wouldn’t want their coworkers or any patrons perhaps still lingering in the restaurant to see them upset/teary, not want to draw attention to themselves in that kind of state.

At any rate, based on the limited amount of info, right now I am leaning toward something happened to upset Lexi, and she stepped outside to either: cool off/down for a few minutes in order to collect herself/gather her composure;
went outside to meet someone she’d been arguing with (secret older boyfriend perhaps), and this person pulled up out back unexpectedly and texted her, hey I’m here out back, please come out so we can talk, I promise just for a few minutes, I just need to see you etc; random stranger coaxed her into their car while she was outside trying to collect herself and absconded with her. (very low on my list of possibilities).
Whatever the reason Lexi left the restaurant when she did, I believe she intended on stepping out for just a few minutes and intended to go back inside to finish her duties and collect her things, phone, cc’s etc., but met with some sort of foul play outside the restaurant after stepping out.

While it’s possible this was planned and Lexi ran away, it’s last on my list of possibilities at the moment, subject to change if more info is released. The reason I find the planned, runaway scenario less possible/probable is, why go to work as per usual part of her routine? IMO, most teenagers runaway in the middle of the night and/or at least take some of their belongings with them when they leave. Actually it would be the best scenario if Lexi ran away as chances of her still being alive are greater in a planned runaway scenario, but personally, I think she’d have taken at least some of her belongings with her if she ran away. I also think Lexi would’ve contacted her family by now to let them know she’s ok/safe.

I’m sure by now LE has reviewed surveillance and phone records, which hopefully have given them a certain direction in their investigation. We don’t know what LE knows, but I hope by this point they at least have some idea of what happened, and Lexi’s family will have answers soon.

All of the above is speculation and MOO.

ETA-clarity
Thanks for posting this. Crying, sunglasses, walking out the back door to decompose and cool off makes sense.

So may a creep at the restaurant saw everything (argument, Lexi upset, walking out the back door) slipped out the front door, got in their car and drove to the back of the restaurant. Lexi, upset needing a shoulder to cry on, a familiar face in a car pulls up, suggest she can sit in the car too cool and the they drive off.

Thanks for posting this. Crying, sunglasses, walking out the back door to decompose and cool off makes sense.

So may a creep at the restaurant saw everything (argument, Lexi upset, walking out the back door) slipped out the front door, got in their car and drove to the back of the restaurant. Lexi, upset needing a shoulder to cry on, a familiar face in a car pulls up, suggest she can sit in the car too cool and the they drive off.
Sure, I think something like that or similar happening is also reasonable/plausible @TXsluether.

IMO, there are several plausible scenarios, and until more info is released/known, all possibilities are on the table.

IMHO

Last edited:
Just a thought:

There’s always a chance that she put her sunglasses on top of her head. I wear mine pushed back on the top of my head if I’m going into a store or if my hair is a little crazy and getting in my face.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back